Newegg Daily Deals

Old 10-17-05, 11:17 PM   #1
SH64
MAXIMUM TECH

Lightbulb FEAR patch 1.01

http://www.worthplaying.com/article....thread&order=0

Quote:
Global:

* Fixed a problem where players could fall under the map after pressing ESC while climbing a ladder.
* Fixed a bug where water FX would play where there was no water in the "Heavy Resistance" level.

Multiplayer:

* Fixed the Game Type filter on the server browser screen.
* Fixed broken ladder animations.
* Spectator "Fly" mode now works as intended.
* SlowMo Score Time is now reported through the in-game server browser for SlowMo CTF games.
* Fixed a problem where players would sometimes spawn into Team Elimination games as a neutral player.
* Team Eliminmation servers will no longer advance to the next round if you are the first to join and then switch teams.
* Dead players will no longer win the round in Elimination game types if they have the highest score when time runs out.
* The score tally on the HUD now works properly in all Elimination game types.
* Remote clients can no longer log into SCMD on hosted games as original intended. SCMD still works as before on dedicated servers.
* The weapon of the player you are watching will no longer appear on the screen when using the "Follow" spectator mode.
* Fixed problem with grenades getting stuck on or bouncing off of breakable windows in certain levels.
* Further optimized performance and fixed minor lighting and art bugs in the Streets CTF level.

- "My name is RAM and my tank is full"

http://warhawk64nv.mybrute.com/ <-- pupils go thaarrr! Or,
http://silenthunter64.mybrute.com
SH64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-05, 11:20 PM   #2
superklye

Default Re: FEAR patch 1.01

Wow...it's not even out and there's a patch. Awesome.
superklye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-05, 11:28 PM   #3
PaiN
Don't make me MAD!

I don't think the patch is available yet.....(maybe after mid-night)
no mention of the "Hardlock" bug....
Core i5 2500K @ 4.2ghz | EVGA Superclock M020 | Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3 | 8gb G.Skill Ripjaws X PC1600 | EVGA GTX570 760/1950 | SB X-Fi Xtremegamer | PC Power & Cooling Silencer 610w PSU | (2) WD Black 640gb in RAID"0" | MSI SATA DVD-RW | Saitek Eclipse kb | Logi G5v2 mouse / Steelseries QcK | Antec P182 "Gunmetal" | Logitech 5300a THX 5.1 speakers | ASUS VW266H 25.5" LCD
-Windows7 64bit
PaiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-05, 11:30 PM   #4
marqmajere
GeVooForceDoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by superklye
Wow...it's not even out and there's a patch. Awesome.

Quick to judge, aren't we?

First off, how do developers know how the game will respond to countless configurations, operating systems, and general tomfoolery? People do some wierd things to thier comps, and for some odd reason, it's always the devs faults. Can they help it that it works good on the comps they use to create the game, but wont work on Joe Smoes comp considering he might have a completely different setup? Who knows what 'ol Joe has done to his rig?

Secondly, this is a good thing. A patch comming out so quickly means they are paying attention and getting right to fixing whatever problems there might be.

Desktop - Asus M3A78-CM | AMD Phenom II 965 | 4 gigs G. Skill 1066 | ATI 5850 1 gig | WD 1TB Black
| Windows7 64-bit

Laptop - m11x
marqmajere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-05, 11:32 PM   #5
PaiN
Don't make me MAD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaiN
no mention of the "Hardlock" bug....

Oh ...crap, it is after mid-night ...hehe
Core i5 2500K @ 4.2ghz | EVGA Superclock M020 | Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3 | 8gb G.Skill Ripjaws X PC1600 | EVGA GTX570 760/1950 | SB X-Fi Xtremegamer | PC Power & Cooling Silencer 610w PSU | (2) WD Black 640gb in RAID"0" | MSI SATA DVD-RW | Saitek Eclipse kb | Logi G5v2 mouse / Steelseries QcK | Antec P182 "Gunmetal" | Logitech 5300a THX 5.1 speakers | ASUS VW266H 25.5" LCD
-Windows7 64bit
Old 10-17-05, 11:32 PM   #6
SH64
MAXIMUM TECH

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaiN
huh ? what do you mean ? i'm downloading it right now!

- "My name is RAM and my tank is full"

http://warhawk64nv.mybrute.com/ <-- pupils go thaarrr! Or,
http://silenthunter64.mybrute.com
SH64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-05, 11:43 PM   #7
superklye

Quote:
Originally Posted by marqmajere
Quick to judge, aren't we?

First off, how do developers know how the game will respond to countless configurations, operating systems, and general tomfoolery? People do some wierd things to thier comps, and for some odd reason, it's always the devs faults. Can they help it that it works good on the comps they use to create the game, but wont work on Joe Smoes comp considering he might have a completely different setup? Who knows what 'ol Joe has done to his rig?
Umm...the betas and demos?

Quote:
Secondly, this is a good thing. A patch comming out so quickly means they are paying attention and getting right to fixing whatever problems there might be.
It'd be a better thing if this wasn't a problem that needed to be patched the night before the game was released, but rather something they caught before it went Gold.

How many times do you hear about this happening? Not many. If this was a common thing, then it'd be different.

I'm still very impressed with the game and definitely going to buy it, I just think it's somewhat sad that they missed so many things that the betas and demos should have revealed. What's the point of an open beta, otherwise?
Old 10-17-05, 11:48 PM   #8
PaiN
Don't make me MAD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SH64
huh ? what do you mean ? i'm downloading it right now!
me too

here's a link:
http://www.sierra.com/downloadfile.d...&mediaid=15672
-Windows7 64bit

Old 10-17-05, 11:57 PM   #9
|MaguS|

Quote:
Umm...the betas and demos?
Don't always run on the same code that the final gold version does, even then a new bug can be introduced upon it going gold. No game is ever bug free... you can't test every situation and ever configuration possible.
Old 10-18-05, 12:10 AM   #10
superklye

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS|
Don't always run on the same code that the final gold version does, even then a new bug can be introduced upon it going gold. No game is ever bug free... you can't test every situation and ever configuration possible.
Fine, but when a beta/demo is released this close to the game going gold and coming out, it's probably pretty safe to assume the code is going to be very similar if not exactly the same.

And look at the list of fixes. These aren't small bugs that affect only certain setups, especially some of the multiplayer things. Those are things on their end that shouldn't have made it past beta/demo.

Aside from BF2 (I think) and maybe SCCT, I can't think of any other games that had patches out before the game was even out.

It just really makes them look bad, I think. Yeah, they're "keeping on top of the community," but, the game isn't out yet. And if it necessitated a patch before the game is released, it must mean that the bugs are pretty significant.

You can argue about it all you want, but did Doom3 have a patch out pre-release? What about FarCry, WC3, UT2k4...same circumstances/situations that Monolith are facing: millions of computers, no two exactly alike, yet they were able to put off patching for weeks or months after release. So those excuses don't really apply as far as I'm concerned.
Old 10-18-05, 12:15 AM   #11
jAkUp
eat. sleep. overclock.

SS2 had a patch before it came out too

But a patch is better than no patch. Maybe UT2004 and Doom3 needed patches also... but they just took their sweet time.
Old 10-18-05, 12:18 AM   #12
marqmajere
GeVooForceDoo

Quote:
Fine, but when a beta/demo is released this close to the game going gold and coming out, it's probably pretty safe to assume the code is going to be very similar if not exactly the same.

And look at the list of fixes. These aren't small bugs that affect only certain setups, especially some of the multiplayer things. Those are things on their end that shouldn't have made it past beta/demo.

Aside from BF2 (I think) and maybe SCCT, I can't think of any other games that had patches out before the game was even out.

It just really makes them look bad, I think. Yeah, they're "keeping on top of the community," but, the game isn't out yet. And if it necessitated a patch before the game is released, it must mean that the bugs are pretty significant.

You can argue about it all you want, but did Doom3 have a patch out pre-release? What about FarCry, WC3, UT2k4...same circumstances/situations that Monolith are facing: millions of computers, no two exactly alike, yet they were able to put off patching for weeks or months after release. So those excuses don't really apply as far as I'm concerned.
Would you rather buy the game and wait on a patch to fix your troubles? Myself, I like the fact that they fixed the problems before I pick up my copy. Now I can play the game without the bugs the second I start it up.

Desktop - Asus M3A78-CM | AMD Phenom II 965 | 4 gigs G. Skill 1066 | ATI 5850 1 gig | WD 1TB Black
| Windows7 64-bit

Laptop - m11x
marqmajere is offline   Reply With Quote