Go Back   nV News Forums > Website Related > Feedback Forum

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 01-01-03, 10:38 AM   #1
eskimo

Angry Responses or lack of!!!!

I came here thinking that I would be able to solve my video card/linux problems. Now, after many days I still do not have an answer. Please see my post ?????????????? I really would like to learn the linux sys with a operating x system, currently I can only use the command line and my linux experience is very limited, I did say very limited. A lot of the posts are way over my head, edit this edit that, heck gotta rebuild the entire sys myself??? some of these files I cannot even find on the sys, that's not to say that they are not there. I realized that linux had a steep learning curve, not one that was straight up with no end in sight. Thanks for reading my rant. Sorry just frustrated and confused.
H/D's: 30gig samsung and 40gig WD.
eskimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-03, 02:48 PM   #2
Matthyahuw

Send a message via ICQ to Matthyahuw Send a message via AIM to Matthyahuw Send a message via Yahoo to Matthyahuw

well, we can't MAKE people post what you want...this is a user2user forum...

I'd suggest getting a book on Linux...
I have the QUE book "Linux System Administration", you get answers twice as fast in that book than on a forum.
Old 01-09-03, 05:09 AM   #3
anxdiety

Send a message via Yahoo to anxdiety

This may help some but not be the help you are looking for.

Try thinking of learning linux the same way you learned dos. Navigating the directories for a bit with the simple commands and when in doubt using a help file in linux to get the basics to getting around. I too am a complete newbie to linux. But if i follow the guides already stickied to the top of the forums i have no problems installing the drivers. It took me a few hours to figure out how to edit the config file for the video drivers when i mistyped an nview option in it. While i was sitting at a prompt i used the basic dos skills i have to read most of the help files and figure out how just to edit the text file. If you have problems editing a file maybe its just not limited to Linux in where the problem lies but towards the more old style of a command prompt and directory navigating. There's tons of guides online that can help with that if need be
Old 01-09-03, 07:58 AM   #4
g0at

Send a message via AIM to g0at

this is a forum where people communicate and trade knowlege, not a place where you force people to answer questions.

if you're that desperate about solving your problem, don't rely on this forum alone. the internet is a very big place...
g0at is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-03, 03:21 PM   #5
styles-T
-========-

I dont know linux..therefore I do not reply..
styles-T is offline   Reply With Quote