Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 10-28-05, 03:16 PM   #361
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

Default Re: *** Official F.E.A.R. Feedback Thread ***

I have another feedback update. I LOVE THIS GAME. It just took. Anyway, I'll be playing it obsessively until I beat it either tonight or tomorrow, depending on my WoW schedule.
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410
Ninjaman09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-05, 03:45 PM   #362
jAkUp
eat. sleep. overclock.

It just took? WTF DOES THAT MEAN DAMMIT???!!
Old 10-28-05, 03:59 PM   #363
Lazaredz
Giggitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by jAkUp

Come on jakUp, you know ... "took". I took. You took. He/She tooks. Gotta keep up with the lingo "man".

See kids .... I'm HIP!!!!!

Mobil: Sager 9261, Q6600, Unknown P965 MB, 4GB (2x2) PC2 6400, 7950 Go, Azalia Sound System, Hitachi 100GB 7200 RPM, Optiarc 8X DVD RW +/-, BIG ARSE BRICK PSU!!!!
Lazaredz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-05, 10:04 AM   #364
Falkentyne

Send a message via ICQ to Falkentyne Send a message via AIM to Falkentyne Send a message via Yahoo to Falkentyne

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoiR
Same problem here, using 81.85 (before 78.xx) , the longer i play, the slower the game is. Temps are all ok (42C @ 3500+ Venice , ~67C @ 6800 GT GPU, no OC) . In worst case, quicksave / autosave takes up to a minute. After quitting & restarting the game it works fine - for half an hour or so .

No crashes at exiting etc, only this problem.

Tried to locate the prob but failed, even killing all processes which dont belong to system helps. I think its some sort of memory leak or something.
This happens on ATI cards as well. Although I'm not exactly sure -when- you guys are getting the drops.

What I discovered is, when the game loads up an area that is NOT already saved in vram (local video ram or AGP memory), and you are out of local video memory (hitting the AGP aperture), the performance of the new areas that are loaded directly into the aperture (that are stored in the AGP aperture area) _plummet_. And only the areas in the aperture. Going back to an area that was stored in the main Vram, and performance is normal again. Then travel back to the area that was loaded into the aperture and -that- area (and all areas past it that are still using the AGP aperture) are horrid performance Alt tabbing to windows or going to the options screen (first screen past the escape menu) fixes the problem as the video memory is flushed if you do this.

Is this what you people are experiencing?

I thought for sure this was an ATI driver problem.....but if it isn't......
Falkentyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-05, 11:25 AM   #365
holdenb

Quote:
Originally Posted by TierMann
The game seems touchy. Wether it's the securom stuff or not I don't know but the no-dvd/cd fix seemed to help other people with freezing too. http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=58728

I AGREE ++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I totally recommend everyone install the no-cd/dvd exe....

It's cured my crashing, my menu stuttering and improved my in game stuttering!!

I've just unwrapped my new 2gb of ballistix tracer too............don't need it now

Win XP
holdenb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-05, 02:01 PM   #366
superklye

Wow...I just got to the invisible, Predator-like guys...holy CRAP those guy suck! They're so fast and so damned hard to hit! Not only that, but they scared the SH!T out of me!
superklye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-05, 02:36 PM   #367
jAkUp
eat. sleep. overclock.

Hit slow motion when they appear. It makes it way easier
Old 10-30-05, 02:43 PM   #368
superklye

haha...duh! I totally forgot that I have slow motion. Like, those guys just come out of nowhere and I panick. I'm fine with the normal soldiers, but these guys just come out of nowhere and are so fast I can't think.

Old 10-30-05, 02:45 PM   #369
jAkUp
eat. sleep. overclock.

Yea they scared the **** out of me too.. haha
Old 10-30-05, 02:50 PM   #370
superklye

Quote:
Originally Posted by jAkUp
I think it means like, "it just clicked" or "it just did it for me."
Old 10-30-05, 03:45 PM   #371
bknblk
Filthy Pinko

As loathe as I am to speak in superlatives, I must say that this was the single most enjoyable SP experience I have ever enjoyed. The visuals were excellent, as were the storyline, animation, character development, pacing, and ending. I found it more enjoyable thatn D3, HL2, Max Payne 2, and Far Cry. All of the aforementioned titles had something new and significant to add to the world of gaming, but I just found F.E.A.R. more enjoyable than the others.

"By the way, what ever happened to Alma?" Hehe.
The whole idea of a Palestinian nation and a Palestinian people is an invention of Arab propaganda. Arafat was himself an Egyptian. The only people to have lived continuously on the land from time immemorial are Jews. So many others have conquered, ruled, thrived and ultimately perished there that the list would take hundreds of pages. A mere sample would include: Byzantines, Persians, Arabs, Turks, Circassians, Kurds, Abbassids (Iraqis), Egyptians, Kharezmians (Genghis Khan), Mamluks, Mongols, Latins (Crusaders), Ottomans, French and English.

It is not and never was Palestinian land.

"If we ever forget that we're One Nation Under God,
then we will be a nation gone under."....Ronald Reagan

"You guys are still crying about Fox News? Damn you little sandy vagina metro sexual emos need to grow a pair of balls."....UDawg(FTMFW)
bknblk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-05, 04:54 PM   #372
macatak

Quote:
Originally Posted by bknblk
As loathe as I am to speak in superlatives, I must say that this was the single most enjoyable SP experience I have ever enjoyed. The visuals were excellent, as were the storyline, animation, character development, pacing, and ending. I found it more enjoyable thatn D3, HL2, Max Payne 2, and Far Cry. All of the aforementioned titles had something new and significant to add to the world of gaming, but I just found F.E.A.R. more enjoyable than the others.

"By the way, what ever happened to Alma?" Hehe.
They did an excellent job on the music/soundtrack as well i thought
Looking forward to FEAR 2 now