Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 10-30-05, 05:19 PM   #373
Roliath

Default Re: *** Official F.E.A.R. Feedback Thread ***

I just beat F.E.A.R. and all I have to say is omfg...

I hope this wins Game of the Year.
All I have to say it was a great experience..
Now to beat Q4, and I just got CoD2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bknblk
"By the way, what ever happened to Alma?" Hehe.
This part scared the sh!t out of me..
Old 10-30-05, 11:50 PM   #374
mx125race

Send a message via AIM to mx125race Send a message via MSN to mx125race

this game isnt really 'scary' to me. It's a little spooky, because has those 'pop-out' things like the girl and the people appearing out of no-where. great game so far, but the girl whispering constantly gets a bit annoying. I'm going to try MP now. Finally, a game that has sweet graphics on my p4, 6600 oc system...i stopped playing SP a lil' while ago becuz, in the beginning on 02 or w/e, i don't no what to do when you jump down from that thingy, lol, and there's an explosion and the little chick from the Ring appears and she comes after you. First time, i ran into her seeing if that would make her go away, then i let her come at me, both times i died. what do i do? lol
mx125race is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-05, 12:00 AM   #375
macatak

Quote:
Originally Posted by mx125race
this game isnt really 'scary' to me. It's a little spooky, because has those 'pop-out' things like the girl and the people appearing out of no-where. great game so far, but the girl whispering constantly gets a bit annoying. I'm going to try MP now. Finally, a game that has sweet graphics on my p4, 6600 oc system...i stopped playing SP a lil' while ago becuz, in the beginning on 02 or w/e, i don't no what to do when you jump down from that thingy, lol, and there's an explosion and the little chick from the Ring appears and she comes after you. First time, i ran into her seeing if that would make her go away, then i let her come at me, both times i died. what do i do? lol
All you do is run away from her
Old 10-31-05, 07:44 AM   #376
muaddib

The game is tensing rather than frightening; ofcourse it had some moments of frightening, but...
I give the tensing credit to these "UNKNOWN ORIGIN" transmissions .
muaddib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-05, 11:49 AM   #377
berkinh

Send a message via MSN to berkinh

I just bought FEAR after playing the demo, really impresed but i have a problem with sound

The demo ran fine on my PC, but after installing the full game i get about 2 minutes of normal sound with talking/transmitions gaurds radios etc.. and then it cuts out and all i get is the gun shot sound effects and the odd bit of background noise, kinda spoils the atmosphere a bit, and not hearing hearing what the Boss tells me to do is a pain (lip reading a computer generated character is not my strong point)

It is a fully legitimate copy and i am running off the DVD not cracked it, any ideas ? My sound card is designed for Pro audio but it has never caused me any problems with games before
Dual Xeons 3.06GHz Nacona, Asus NCCH-DL, Asetek WaterChill Dual CPU Water cooling kit, Antec True power, 1GB Kingston HyperX RAM, Gforce FX 5950Ultra, 36GB WD Raptor 10,000rpm, 200GB maxtor, 300GB External Maxtor, M-audio Delta66 pro audio, LG DualLayer DVD RW, Black Rack mount chassis, and loads of pro audio studio gear.
berkinh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-05, 01:12 PM   #378
Superfly
Retired

have you tried playing with the EAx and HD settings in the games menu?
Old 10-31-05, 01:40 PM   #379
berkinh

Send a message via MSN to berkinh

hmmm ... actually i cant select those options with my current settings, i will disable my m-audio sound card and try it with my on board sound maybe i will be able to select them then

thanks
Dual Xeons 3.06GHz Nacona, Asus NCCH-DL, Asetek WaterChill Dual CPU Water cooling kit, Antec True power, 1GB Kingston HyperX RAM, Gforce FX 5950Ultra, 36GB WD Raptor 10,000rpm, 200GB maxtor, 300GB External Maxtor, M-audio Delta66 pro audio, LG DualLayer DVD RW, Black Rack mount chassis, and loads of pro audio studio gear.
berkinh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-05, 03:02 PM   #380
jAkUp
eat. sleep. overclock.

New 1.02 patch with a new map out

Check it out here:
http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=59107

Old 10-31-05, 04:08 PM   #381
macatak

Quote:
Originally Posted by berkinh
hmmm ... actually i cant select those options with my current settings, i will disable my m-audio sound card and try it with my on board sound maybe i will be able to select them then

thanks
Someone else with the same problem...

http://forums.vugames.com/thread.jsp...D=84725&#84725
Old 10-31-05, 11:00 PM   #382
mx125race

Send a message via AIM to mx125race Send a message via MSN to mx125race

hey does anyone have CTD in this game, specificly on multiplayer. I get some error and it exits outs on me...
mx125race is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-05, 10:40 AM   #383
Pafet
GeForce 7900GT

There is a small program to extract the .Arch00 files here written by some dude.
In the audio archive "FEARA.Arch00" there is a music file called RFC.wav which is the SHOGO ending theme !! Anyone knows whats it doing in there???
Pafet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-05, 07:56 PM   #384
rflair
W OOO OOO

Just finished the game a few minutes ago, was fun right up to the end. The graphics were very good. The sound was just as good I thought, the ambient sounds and music were especially good. All in all a well done single player FPS.
rflair is offline   Reply With Quote