Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-16-05, 04:24 PM   #61
Assassin
Registered User
 
Assassin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: U.S.
Posts: 84
Default Re: *** Official F.E.A.R. Feedback Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by jAkUp
I went to a different Walmart, found the game on the shelves, went to purchase... and the register said "sell not allowed"

This sucks
That must suck...
Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-05, 04:45 PM   #62
Dr.Nick
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 1,044
Default Re: *** Official F.E.A.R. Feedback Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by jAkUp
What AF setting do you use?
16x. Using the 81.84's btw
__________________
i7 920@4.03|asus p6t7ws|6gb ocz|gtx580oc sli|x-fi fatality|x25m+12tb|enermax 1kw|dell u3011 & 2405fpw
Dr.Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-05, 04:56 PM   #63
OWA
...
 
OWA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Virginia
Posts: 9,481
Default Re: *** Official F.E.A.R. Feedback Thread ***

Does the game correspond well with the built-in benchmark? Running the benchmark in the last MP demo, it ran really well but there were certain areas in the map where performance took a huge dive.
OWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-05, 04:59 PM   #64
CaptNKILL
CUBE
 
CaptNKILL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: PA, USA
Posts: 18,844
Default Re: *** Official F.E.A.R. Feedback Thread ***

I just finally got around to playing the MP demo of this game... I dont know if it was just a n00b server or what but the game feels so easy. Theres not much to it at all, pretty basic DM with grenades and medkits added as a bit of strategy. I was playing a team DM and I was second place 4 times in a row then every time after that I was first place by at least 10 kills. My team won every time.

And I have determined that the only gun worth using is the one that shoots spikes... its so rediculously much better than the other guns I cant believe it. Its perfect. I guess it just fits my play style though.

Although it is fun, MP is pretty generic... what would have really set it apart would be the addition of diving, rolling and other moves like that. It just feels wrong not being able to dive sideways through a doorway. I cant explain it really, its just the way the game plays it feels like it was probably a huge mistake to leave out special moves like this.
__________________
---- Primary Rig ---- CoolerMaster 690 II Advance - Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P - Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 4.0Ghz + Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme
6GB DDR2 @ 942Mhz 5-5-5-20 1.9v (2x1Gb Wintec AMPX PC2-8500 & 2x2Gb G.Skill PC2-6400) - EVGA Geforce GTX 470 @ 750/1500/1850 (1.050v)
Sparkle Geforce GTS 250 1Gb Low-Profile (Physx) - Crucial RealSSD C300 64Gb SSD - Seagate 7200.12 500Gb SATA - Seagate 7200.10 320Gb SATA
ASUS VW266H 25.5" LCD - OCZ GameXStream 700W PSU - ASUS Xonar DX - Logitech Z-5500 5.1 Surround - Windows 7 Professional x64
---- HTPC ---- Asus M3A78-EM 780G - AMD Athlon X2 5050e 45W @ 2.6Ghz - 2x2GB Kingston PC2-6400 DDR2 - Sparkle 350W PSU
Seagate 7200.10 320Gb SATA - Seagate 7200.10 250Gb SATA - Athenatech A100BB.350 MicroATX Desktop - Creative X-Fi XtremeMusic
CaptNKILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-05, 05:08 PM   #65
superklye
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: MKE
Posts: 13,629
Default Re: *** Official F.E.A.R. Feedback Thread ***

I went to both Gamestop and EBGames today and neither were/would sell it early.
superklye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-05, 05:14 PM   #66
jAkUp
eat. sleep. overclock.
 
jAkUp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Chino, California
Posts: 17,744
Default Re: *** Official F.E.A.R. Feedback Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptNKILL
I just finally got around to playing the MP demo of this game... I dont know if it was just a n00b server or what but the game feels so easy. Theres not much to it at all, pretty basic DM with grenades and medkits added as a bit of strategy. I was playing a team DM and I was second place 4 times in a row then every time after that I was first place by at least 10 kills. My team won every time.

And I have determined that the only gun worth using is the one that shoots spikes... its so rediculously much better than the other guns I cant believe it. Its perfect. I guess it just fits my play style though.

Although it is fun, MP is pretty generic... what would have really set it apart would be the addition of diving, rolling and other moves like that. It just feels wrong not being able to dive sideways through a doorway. I cant explain it really, its just the way the game plays it feels like it was probably a huge mistake to leave out special moves like this.
Did you play the SlowMo DM? It adds a little to the game I quite like it.
__________________
965xe || evga x58 classified || 3x evga gtx 480 || 6gb g.skill || win7 x64
jAkUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-05, 05:26 PM   #67
PaiN
Don't make me MAD!
 
PaiN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: CT, USA
Posts: 2,111
Default Re: *** Official F.E.A.R. Feedback Thread ***

jAkUp, I just wanted you to know.....I've haven't palyed FEAR at all/// Two 14h days knock the crap out of me....all I could do last night was vegg and watch about half of "Sin City" and tonight I'll be worse....Tomorow I'll be busy so.....It looks like I won't really be playing until Tuesday ....just like you
__________________
Core i5 2500K @ 4.2ghz | EVGA Superclock M020 | Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3 | 8gb G.Skill Ripjaws X PC1600 | EVGA GTX570 760/1950 | SB X-Fi Xtremegamer | PC Power & Cooling Silencer 610w PSU | (2) WD Black 640gb in RAID"0" | MSI SATA DVD-RW | Saitek Eclipse kb | Logi G5v2 mouse / Steelseries QcK | Antec P182 "Gunmetal" | Logitech 5300a THX 5.1 speakers | ASUS VW266H 25.5" LCD
-Windows7 64bit
PaiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-05, 05:32 PM   #68
jAkUp
eat. sleep. overclock.
 
jAkUp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Chino, California
Posts: 17,744
Default Re: *** Official F.E.A.R. Feedback Thread ***

hehe well I guess I don't feel so bad after all 14 hours a day??!! Where in the hell do you work??!!!! I'm good for about 9 hours...
__________________
965xe || evga x58 classified || 3x evga gtx 480 || 6gb g.skill || win7 x64
jAkUp is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-16-05, 05:33 PM   #69
CaptNKILL
CUBE
 
CaptNKILL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: PA, USA
Posts: 18,844
Default Re: *** Official F.E.A.R. Feedback Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by jAkUp
Did you play the SlowMo DM? It adds a little to the game I quite like it.
I tried 8 servers and even though they werent full they all said they were... I could only get into one game and it wasnt a SlowMo DM
__________________
---- Primary Rig ---- CoolerMaster 690 II Advance - Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P - Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 4.0Ghz + Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme
6GB DDR2 @ 942Mhz 5-5-5-20 1.9v (2x1Gb Wintec AMPX PC2-8500 & 2x2Gb G.Skill PC2-6400) - EVGA Geforce GTX 470 @ 750/1500/1850 (1.050v)
Sparkle Geforce GTS 250 1Gb Low-Profile (Physx) - Crucial RealSSD C300 64Gb SSD - Seagate 7200.12 500Gb SATA - Seagate 7200.10 320Gb SATA
ASUS VW266H 25.5" LCD - OCZ GameXStream 700W PSU - ASUS Xonar DX - Logitech Z-5500 5.1 Surround - Windows 7 Professional x64
---- HTPC ---- Asus M3A78-EM 780G - AMD Athlon X2 5050e 45W @ 2.6Ghz - 2x2GB Kingston PC2-6400 DDR2 - Sparkle 350W PSU
Seagate 7200.10 320Gb SATA - Seagate 7200.10 250Gb SATA - Athenatech A100BB.350 MicroATX Desktop - Creative X-Fi XtremeMusic
CaptNKILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-05, 06:09 PM   #70
OWA
...
 
OWA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Virginia
Posts: 9,481
Default Re: *** Official F.E.A.R. Feedback Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by superklye
I went to both Gamestop and EBGames today and neither were/would sell it early.
I couldn't find it anywhere in my area either. I never get lucky like that.
OWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-05, 07:30 PM   #71
jAkUp
eat. sleep. overclock.
 
jAkUp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Chino, California
Posts: 17,744
Default Re: *** Official F.E.A.R. Feedback Thread ***

This was just posted at the official Fear message boards by Greg from VUG:

Quote:
Guys - reality check time. Right now we have a good number of posters coming onto the board saying that they are having perfomance issues with the game. Even when they have good specs or where able to play the demo's well.

THAT's because they have pirated versions!!!

I've check this myself the requirements of the pirated version badly hurt system performance. The real thing works fine on the same PC.

A few things to keep in mind:

Play the demos - if they work fine - the full game will work fine. PERIOD!
This game is VERY bug free. Thousands of hours of QA testing and we will even be addressing a few minor issues with a launch day patch.
Adjust your settings - the game has a wide variety setting that will imporve perfomance on your system.
We have extensive support that will be online when the game releases on Oct 18th!
__________________
965xe || evga x58 classified || 3x evga gtx 480 || 6gb g.skill || win7 x64
jAkUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-05, 07:49 PM   #72
PaiN
Don't make me MAD!
 
PaiN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: CT, USA
Posts: 2,111
Default Re: *** Official F.E.A.R. Feedback Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by jAkUp
This was just posted at the official Fear message boards by Greg from VUG:
Quote:
Guys - reality check time. Right now we have a good number of posters coming onto the board saying that they are having perfomance issues with the game. Even when they have good specs or where able to play the demo's well.

THAT's because they have pirated versions!!!

I've check this myself the requirements of the pirated version badly hurt system performance. The real thing works fine on the same PC.

A few things to keep in mind:

Play the demos - if they work fine - the full game will work fine. PERIOD!
This game is VERY bug free. Thousands of hours of QA testing and we will even be addressing a few minor issues with a launch day patch.
Adjust your settings - the game has a wide variety setting that will imporve perfomance on your system.
We have extensive support that will be online when the game releases on Oct 18th!
Might be ture...I definately do not have a "pirated" version....yea its tough on the system, but set right and gameplay is fine with no performance hits...
__________________
Core i5 2500K @ 4.2ghz | EVGA Superclock M020 | Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3 | 8gb G.Skill Ripjaws X PC1600 | EVGA GTX570 760/1950 | SB X-Fi Xtremegamer | PC Power & Cooling Silencer 610w PSU | (2) WD Black 640gb in RAID"0" | MSI SATA DVD-RW | Saitek Eclipse kb | Logi G5v2 mouse / Steelseries QcK | Antec P182 "Gunmetal" | Logitech 5300a THX 5.1 speakers | ASUS VW266H 25.5" LCD
-Windows7 64bit
PaiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Official Max Payne 3 Feedback Thread Ghosthunter Gaming Central 94 10-05-12 06:00 AM
Official detonator 40.71 feedback thread Crake NVIDIA Windows Graphics Drivers 88 10-01-02 11:38 AM
Official Dentonator 40.52 feedback thread sh*tshot NVIDIA Windows Graphics Drivers 62 09-26-02 05:43 PM
Official Detonator 40.xx Feedback Thread pelly NVIDIA Windows Graphics Drivers 299 09-22-02 06:54 AM

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:22 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1998 - 2014, nV News.