Newegg Daily Deals

Closed Thread

Old 10-17-05, 08:55 AM   #13
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

Default Re: Its out in Australia..

Quote:
Originally Posted by acrh2
I was refering to screenshots for ALL multiplayer maps, which the aussie's posted. They all look equally brown an unappealing. I imgaine, the saving grace would be some nice lighting and bumpmaps for those maps, but the screenies aren't really showing that.
Man, you people are really aching to tear this game down, aren't you?

While there are similar "rusty metal" textures shown in the screenshots it is very apparent that a decent amount of color is visible. And there is certainly just as much variety as there is in any other game. Other than UT2K4, I can't think of any MP games that have hugely varying color schemes in their maps (this does not include Far Cry as I never looked at that game as a MP game).
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410
Old 10-17-05, 08:58 AM   #14
Tygerwoody
mega ultra God Tit Lord

[quote=Ninjaman09]Eh? Which screenshots were you looking at? Apparently not the ones I saw...or how about the preview video? No, this game's resemblance to Doom 3 is about as close as Call of Duty's resemblance to Quake 3.
QUOTE]
No need to be rude. I've seen as many screenshots/movies as i could find. The early Quake 4 screenshots seemed like a new game, but from the reviews on websites, all the screens and movies look exactly like doom 3. And no it is nothing like comparing Call of Duty to Quake 3. It is Doom 3 to Doom 3. To be honest most of the screenshots I seriously wouldn't be able to tell you which game is which, because they look identical.

If you could send me a link or post up some screenshots that make quake 4 look different. Please
Old 10-17-05, 08:59 AM   #15
Tygerwoody
mega ultra God Tit Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjaman09
I'm not, this is my most anticipated game of the year. I even voted for this in the poll we had earlier, but really it seems to be one disappointment after another.
Old 10-17-05, 09:00 AM   #16
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

Just watch the preview video, there was a thread posted about it. If after watching that you still compare the two, it's because you want to. Which, frankly, it's fairly obvious that everyone here wants to shoot this one down before it even gets off the ground.

What? Quake 4 doesn't wash my clothes and drive my kids to school while I play? WORST GAME EV4R!!
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410
Old 10-17-05, 09:04 AM   #17
|JuiceZ|

Send a message via Skype™ to |JuiceZ|

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tygerwoody
this game is a big disappointment. What about this game is ANY different from doom 3? I can't believe I've been excited for the past year for this to come out...
Have you played it yet or are you just making that assumption off of other reviewer comments?
hometheater KURO PDP-5020 | Marantz SR6005 | Definitive BP7001s, CLR3000, BPVXPs
Old 10-17-05, 09:05 AM   #18
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by |JuiceZ|
Have you played it yet or are you just making that assumption off of other reviewer comments?
The funny thing is, the reviews clearly state that the game is a serious departure from the "dark corridor maze" Doom 3 aesthetic and that it shows off features of the Doom 3 engine that Doom 3 didn't. Not to mention, they all mention that color is used very effectively and the lighting is much better (not to mention the guns have flashlights).
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410
Old 10-17-05, 09:18 AM   #19
Tygerwoody
mega ultra God Tit Lord

Quote:
Just watch the preview video, there was a thread posted about it. If after watching that you still compare the two, it's because you want to. Which, frankly, it's fairly obvious that everyone here wants to shoot this one down before it even gets off the ground.

What? Quake 4 doesn't wash my clothes and drive my kids to school while I play? WORST GAME EV4R!!
really do you have a problem with me? All I did was state my opinion and I'm trying to be as polite as possible with you, but man are you always this rude? I'm not trying to shoot down anything, but i still get blasted.

I did see that video, it looks like Doom 3. Not even a slight variation, thats why i asked politely if you could post up a pic for me.

The other disappointment is the fact that no bots are coming with the game. Its a serious flaw to the game and a big mistake.

I will more than likely still buy it. I'm sure the gameplay will be truely awesome online(as quake 3 was). I never called it the worst game ever as I havent played it... obviously. Jeez calm down guys. I'm sorry talking about a game offends you so bad. I'd hate to see how you react to something thats actually important in life
Old 10-17-05, 09:19 AM   #20
|MaguS|

Quote:
really do you have a problem with me?
Yes, Your name makes me giggle... woody, hehe....

Old 10-17-05, 09:26 AM   #21
OWA

Quote:
Originally Posted by BioHazZarD
The game has been released in Austalia.
http://www.quake3world.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11824

pics of the box and 1 ingame shot.

Lucky man.
Thanks for the info. I can't wait! I wish they'd release it early everywhere once it starts being sold early.
Old 10-17-05, 09:26 AM   #22
acrh2

Quote:
Not really. It wasn't my intention to sound like I was disappointed. I was just making an observation.
To me personally, the graphics in the multiplayers maps don't mean jack because I will be turning them down to minimum, with the highest picmip allowed by pro gaming organizations and no bumpmaps. This game is the next gen professional platform, which I intent to play with my clan in the pro events to follow this year and the next. After all, though inactive at present, I am still a member in the best north american q3 clan, http://www.clan519.com .
2 x WD 74GB Raptor Raid0, 160GB storage, Plextor PX-716UF, 24x CDRW, 12x DVDROM
U2-UFO case, 7 x 120mm case fans, 2 x Coolermaster Aerogate 3 fan controllers
PCP&C 510W Deluxe, Antec Truepower 430W
Logitech mx518 mouse, Saitek Eclipse keyboard
Old 10-17-05, 09:30 AM   #23
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

Quote:
really do you have a problem with me? All I did was state my opinion and I'm trying to be as polite as possible with you, but man are you always this rude? I'm not trying to shoot down anything, but i still get blasted.
There's nothing personal about it, and no I have no problem with you. I don't understand how you would feel that I do. I'm arguing against your unfounded and premature criticism of the game.
Quote:
I did see that video, it looks like Doom 3. Not even a slight variation, thats why i asked politely if you could post up a pic for me.
OK. I mean, there's no reasoning with that. I will restate, if you think it looks like Doom 3, it's because you WANT to. After seeing the trenches, outdoor vehicles, and the entire opening sequence, you would have to be stretching reality to say it looks like Doom 3.
Quote:
The other disappointment is the fact that no bots are coming with the game. Its a serious flaw to the game and a big mistake.
Again I don't see why this is a big deal. The only other Quake game that had bots was Quake 3 and that was only because it was a multiplayer-only game. F.E.A.R. doesn't have bots, do you hold that against it? How about Call of Duty 2? Or Far Cry?
Quote:
I will more than likely still buy it. I'm sure the gameplay will be truely awesome online(as quake 3 was). I never called it the worst game ever as I havent played it... obviously. Jeez calm down guys. I'm sorry talking about a game offends you so bad. I'd hate to see how you react to something thats actually important in life
There's nothing offensive about what you're saying. However if you're going to bash something before you have even seen it and are obviously predisposed towards criticizing it you're going to have to expect to catch some flak over it.

This game is a victim of its insane hype just like every other game that gets this kind of attention. Unrealistic and unreasonable expectations that are impossible to meet will always provide you with disappointment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by acrh2
Not really. It wasn't my intention to sound like I was disappointed. I was just making an observation.
To me personally, the graphics in the multiplayers maps don't mean jack because I will be turning them down to minimum, with the highest picmip allowed by pro gaming organizations and no bumpmaps. This game is the next gen professional platform, which I intent to play with my clan in the pro events to follow this year and the next. After all, though inactive at present, I am still a member in the best north american q3 clan, http://www.clan519.com .
Ah, I see. Well as a self-professed fanboy it is my duty to be overly defensive about the game.
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410
Old 10-17-05, 09:59 AM   #24
Superfly
Retired

Quote:
this game is a big disappointment. What about this game is ANY different from doom 3? I can't believe I've been excited for the past year for this to come out...
Speculation at best - save the negativity until after release and until after YOU have actually played the game.

some people.