Newegg Daily Deals

Closed Thread

Old 10-17-05, 11:16 AM   #25
Tygerwoody
mega ultra God Tit Lord

Default Re: Its out in Australia..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superfly
Speculation at best - save the negativity until after release and until after YOU have actually played the game.

some people.
hmm sorry, I forgot. I must be lost. I thought i was in the Quake 4 forum where we discuss all aspects of Quake 4. Reviews/Screenshots/Videos/Rumors. Sorry can someone please move this thread because apparently we aren't posting in the right place. This thread needs to be moved to the "testing" forum because this game isn't out and therefor we can't talk about it. The entire Quake 4 forum should be locked as well because noone should speak about the game til it comes out. Sorry to inconvenience you.
Old 10-17-05, 11:24 AM   #26
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tygerwoody
hmm sorry, I forgot. I must be lost. I thought i was in the Quake 4 forum where we discuss all aspects of Quake 4. Reviews/Screenshots/Videos/Rumors. Sorry can someone please move this thread because apparently we aren't posting in the right place. This thread needs to be moved to the "testing" forum because this game isn't out and therefor we can't talk about it. The entire Quake 4 forum should be locked as well because noone should speak about the game til it comes out. Sorry to inconvenience you.
LOL man go back and read what you posted...the language you used was very clear in its intent. "The game is a big disappoinment." "What about the game is ANY different from Doom 3", etc. Sure sounded like something that could only be said by someone who's played it, you know? We then responded and you complained about how we disagreed with you. Starting to sound like Jack Thompson (kidding, it's a joke, don't take it personally).
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410
Old 10-17-05, 11:30 AM   #27
Tygerwoody
mega ultra God Tit Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjaman09
LOL man go back and read what you posted...the language you used was very clear in its intent. "The game is a big disappoinment." "What about the game is ANY different from Doom 3", etc. Sure sounded like something that could only be said by someone who's played it, you know? We then responded and you complained about how we disagreed with you. Starting to sound like Jack Thompson (kidding, it's a joke, don't take it personally).
no... i was serious about the pictures... I would really like to see them. I want to be excited about this game.
Old 10-17-05, 11:33 AM   #28
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

I was referring to the video linked in this thread:
http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=55144

It looks absolutely nothing like Doom 3 in this video. If you still think it does, then nothing I can say will convince you otherwise. This game looks true to the Quake aesthetic if you ask me.
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410
Old 10-17-05, 11:35 AM   #29
Tygerwoody
mega ultra God Tit Lord

Quote:
I was referring to the video linked in this thread:
http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=55144

It looks absolutely nothing like Doom 3 in this video. If you still think it does, then nothing I can say will convince you otherwise. This game looks true to the Quake aesthetic if you ask me.
Hmm... I thought you were talking about another video.... downloading this now.... hopefully it will change my opinion
Old 10-17-05, 12:26 PM   #30
Tygerwoody
mega ultra God Tit Lord

just downloaded the video.

Looks like an awesome game. Still looks exactly like Doom 3... only more outside and better lighting. Would it have been so hard for them to at least use different uniforms from the guys of Doom 3? I mean really they are the exact same uniforms. Just that in itself causes the whole game to look like doom 3 because you have your squad around you alot of the time. Just my 2 cents.
Old 10-17-05, 12:36 PM   #31
OWA

Quote:
Still looks exactly like Doom 3... only more outside and better lighting.
Is that kind of like being sure it'll probably look like Doom 3?
Old 10-17-05, 12:45 PM   #32
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

Quote:
just downloaded the video.

Looks like an awesome game. Still looks exactly like Doom 3... only more outside and better lighting. Would it have been so hard for them to at least use different uniforms from the guys of Doom 3? I mean really they are the exact same uniforms. Just that in itself causes the whole game to look like doom 3 because you have your squad around you alot of the time. Just my 2 cents.
LOL, what do you want them to have? Capes with the underwear on the outside? Pink leotards? Clown outfits? Give me a break dude the guys are supposed to be army folks and if you look closely their uniforms don't resemble those in Doom 3 very much at all (except for maybe the color scheme). As for "more outside and better lighting"...well what else did you want? It's the Doom 3 engine after all, it's going to bear at least SOME similarity, just like Prey or Quake Wars.
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410

Old 10-17-05, 12:51 PM   #33
Tygerwoody
mega ultra God Tit Lord

Quote:
LOL, what do you want them to have? Capes with the underwear on the outside? Pink leotards? Clown outfits? Give me a break dude the guys are supposed to be army folks and if you look closely their uniforms don't resemble those in Doom 3 very much at all (except for maybe the color scheme). As for "more outside and better lighting"...well what else did you want? It's the Doom 3 engine after all, it's going to bear at least SOME similarity, just like Prey or Quake Wars.
LoL no I love the Doom 3 engine. I think the Doom 3 engine looks great! Quake 4 looks great!!! I swear i think the fact that the uniforms are the same is why I (as well as others) think the two games look the same. Well that and alot of the textures are the same. And all the inside zones are the same. Oh and The health/ammo layout looks the same. And the fact you get healed the same way seems the same. Other than that they are two completely different games.

edit: I remember from early Quake 4 screenshots the game looked alot different. Like that guy with the gun for an arm. That was cool
Old 10-17-05, 01:15 PM   #34
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

Well keep in mind the game's presentation and production can have a tremendous effect on the overall feeling you get while playing it. I will definitely admit that some of the indoor segments do bear a striking resemblance to Doom 3 but I have a feeling that while it's in action we may not feel this way. Of course you can dismiss that as speculation if you wish, but some reviewers have said this as well. The reviews state clearly that the atmosphere of the game is different as well, and that the fast-paced action feel really sets the game apart from Doom. Heh, of course, it comes out in like 2 days so we'll know soon enough.
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410
Old 10-17-05, 01:22 PM   #35
Tygerwoody
mega ultra God Tit Lord

Well the gameplay looks to be different by a good amount. Doom 3 was more of walk.... "oh no there is a monster on my back" *pull out gun, shoot, turn back on flashlight* walk for about another minute... rinse and repeat. Doom 3 was alot of "stop and go traffic" i guess you could say. Quake 4 definitely looks way different. Which is a good thing. I just hope it is just as fast paced multiplayer as Quake 3. When those idiots jump around like bunnies, i don't want it to slow them down. Really when someone jumps in CS because it drops their speed by so much, it causes the person whose targetting the "bunny" to have their aim predictions to be off. Let the bunnies jump at full speed, while i pick them off with my rail gun.
Old 10-17-05, 01:44 PM   #36
SH64
MAXIMUM TECH

Cant wait to get my hands on it

- "My name is RAM and my tank is full"

http://warhawk64nv.mybrute.com/ <-- pupils go thaarrr! Or,
http://silenthunter64.mybrute.com
Closed Thread