Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 10-17-05, 03:25 PM   #13
Subtestube
Anisymbolic

Default Re: What Game/Games do you consider yourself "the best". Also what is your strategy?

Here's something out of the ordinary for this crowd: I consider myself pretty good (although not awesome) at Civ III. I really am pretty DAMN good at Colonization (old game that it is). Even though I've not played it in years, I'm confident I could still be good at it now. In my day I was capable of beating it on Viceroy roughly half the time (which is, I should say, very hard - Sid Meier games on the highest difficulty are not easy.)

Back in the day I wasn't bad at QII, but I imagine I'd be sitting at the bottom of the list relative to most of the people here.
Dr Possible: Core 2 Duo E6400 on Gigabyte GA-965P-DS4. Galaxy GeForce 7600GT. 2GB Corsair XMS 2 DDR2-6400 RAM (CL5). ATi Theatre 550 Pro. Windows XP MCE. All stored in Piano black Antec Sonata II, with a broken door.

Mobile: ASUS M2400N, Pentium M 1.5 GHz. 512 MB DDR RAM. Intel EXTREME graphics. Windows XP SP 2 / Ubuntu 5.10.

Ridiculous DOES not have an 'e' in it. It comes from "ridicule" and has less than nothing to do with the colour red.
Subtestube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-05, 04:25 PM   #14
LycosV

Default Re: What Game/Games do you consider yourself "the best". Also what is your strategy?

MOH:AA - I run around any of the maps with my thompson mowwing down the opposition. I also mastered cooking the grenades to detonate on top of anyone in my way.

Starcraft - I played online way back in the day an got my butt handed to me, but then after playing it almost exclusivly in my dorm for a year I could blow away even high ranked ladder players.
LycosV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-05, 04:55 PM   #15
UDawg
Retired spammer

BF2: I am not the be in kill ratio or match points but I am good at getting people organized for spec ops run. I go as squad leader and I am either a medic or a sniper, depending on how big the map is. We will head towards the enemy base and I will call out targets for them. Being the squad leader I rarely fight the enemy I exclusivly hid so they can spawn on me. Basically I am a mobile spawn point. I tell the squad members which routs to take so they won't spot where they are spawing from and we can hide in their base all match long. It is loads of fun and team players like how I call out targets.
UDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-05, 05:06 PM   #16
SH64
MAXIMUM TECH

Well i consider myself the jack of all "games" , but master of none .. i think thats the price you pay when you play all kinds of game geners.

anyway i think i'm somewhat good at FEAR's MP i beat my friends 3 times in row once.
also i'm pretty good at MechWarrior , but sadly no one seems to be interested in this game much these days.

- "My name is RAM and my tank is full"

http://warhawk64nv.mybrute.com/ <-- pupils go thaarrr! Or,
http://silenthunter64.mybrute.com
SH64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-05, 05:08 PM   #17
Seoulstriker

UT2004:

I have excellent dodge skills, great awareness, good hitscan, fantastic prediction, map knowledge, great strategy, etc. I guess that's why I'm on a top ranked ONS and TDM clan. I'll take jAKUP on and whoop his ass. add me to your buddy list: "Seoulstriker*" (wildcard), and maybe add *uMA* and *UAL*

Seoulstriker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-05, 05:09 PM   #18
Nutty
Sittin in the Sun

Send a message via MSN to Nutty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralinn
CS:

I'm a natural AWPER, I don't miss :P

My penis is also bigger then any of yours.
Heh, you wouldn't believe how riled up everyone in the office used to get when ralinn joined our company.. AWP'ing everyone through walls n ****.. *waves fist*

I'm quite good at CS.. not amazing in any department, but I'd say I'm just very good at knowing what needs to be done.. I also have some quite good Colt aiming at times..
Nutty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-05, 06:36 PM   #19
slick
Play with conviction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudcrutch
recently, DOD:S.

i use the thomson and i just OWN the side areas/buildings. my fav areas are the side throughways for donner and flash.

you just have to be confident and know the areas REAL well. dont let people in your "territory."

i still die a lot but thats the nature of the game. esp if you dont have backup.
Is DOD:S worth the buy? I enjoyed the original from time to time, has it changed at all? I'm a CS ***** most of the time, but DOD provided some fun for me and my fellow CS players some times...
Old 10-17-05, 07:10 PM   #20
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger

I'm consider myself pretty good at most FPS, I really show of as a engineer in BF1942, pulling of some pretty crazy shots with the rifle (might be just luck though)

My true calling is Street Fighter and DOA3, none of my friends have been able to best me for quite some time.

My strategy... Counter like a motherf***** not only does it inflict damage on your oppenent, its really pisses off the other players
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-17-05, 07:41 PM   #21
Aphot
lol wut?

Send a message via AIM to Aphot Send a message via MSN to Aphot

Pokemon Gold

I use the bike, its way faster.

(jk )

Im really good at Age Of Empires 1

Ive been playing it since it came out, I still play it the odd time.

Strategy, build uber fast, and build men at the same time.
2 HIS HD6970's in Crossfire
Western Digital;
2 Velociraptor 300GB in Raid 0
2 Caviar Black 1.0TB
Asus Xonar Essence STX
Denon PRA-1000 , POA-1500
Celestion Ditton 442's
Corsair HX 1050
Antec P183
Dell U2410
Sennheiser HD 555
Razer Deathadder / Razer Lycosa
Aphot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-05, 09:41 PM   #22
|MaguS|

Everquest, Keep everyone alive as a cleric... and don't die in the process. Its alot harder then it sounds. If you don't know how your spells and monster agro work, then your in trouble...
Old 10-17-05, 09:54 PM   #23
LycosV

Quote:
Originally Posted by crainger
My true calling is Street Fighter and DOA3, none of my friends have been able to best me for quite some time.
I didn't even think of fighting games. Noone plays Fight Night against me anymore after the beatdown I gave all my friends and family. or is it
LycosV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-05, 12:53 AM   #24
Sazar
Sayonara !!!

I used to play ET all the time and was pretty good. Especially as medic (of course).

I am decent at CS as well. I've been playing it on and off since original Beta and when I'm on, I can pwn

Shotty/awp/m4a1 are my weapons of choice closely followed by the deagle

The cs thread has the server I play on. Bit busy at work so I have dropped out of the top 10 on the rankings, but I still have positive records v/s pretty much all teh top guys, many are current or ex cal.
Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote