Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Closed Thread

Old 10-22-05, 01:55 PM   #13
Superfly
Retired

Default Re: Lost Coast... NEXT WEEK!

^^ AMEN Brother Klye, amen.

Also, why are we even giving a s**t? Valve were a one hit wonder. EVERYTHING since HL1 has been either total balls or did'nt actually work for the vast majority of users.

Quite frankly I'd rather take it up the ass than suffer another Valve game.
Old 10-22-05, 02:03 PM   #14
PeterJensen

jesus what a bunch of whiners. Go have a cookie and a glas of milk.

Old 10-22-05, 02:29 PM   #15
Rakeesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superfly
Also, why are we even giving a s**t? Valve were a one hit wonder. EVERYTHING since HL1 has been either total balls or did'nt actually work for the vast majority of users.
Well, I think they were the original development team of team fortress for quake1, so probably a two hit wonder. But yeah, everything from them after HL1 has been pretty sh*t.

Core i7 2600k 4.4Ghz 1.385v | Corsair H60 | 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 8-8-8-24 | MSI P67A-G45 | OCZ Vertex 3 | Sapphire 7850 OC to Max settings

Old 10-22-05, 02:41 PM   #16
grey_1

Quote:
PeterJensen jesus what a bunch of whiners.
I appreciate your sentiment, I rarely give in to the urge to bellyache online. I have, however, never had a good experience with the source engine on my rig, fairly standard btw. a64 3200, 6800gt, nothing overclocked. After a great deal of driver testing, patches thru steam, and user discovered tweaks, I still had many issues with it. I am not trying to start another flamewar here, there's enough of those. I just wanted to reply to your comment as it seems very difficult for a number of users who haven't had problems to understand why the many of us who DO have problems are very cynical about anything source related at this point in time. Peace........Phil

Old 10-22-05, 02:45 PM   #17
superklye

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterJensen
jesus what a bunch of whiners. Go have a cookie and a glas of milk.
Shut up. Next time you have a problem with ANYTHING and complain about terrible customer service you received, I hope you remember this asinine comment you made.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_1
I appreciate your sentiment, I rarely give in to the urge to bellyache online. I have, however, never had a good experience with the source engine on my rig, fairly standard btw. a64 3200, 6800gt, nothing overclocked. After a great deal of driver testing, patches thru steam, and user discovered tweaks, I still had many issues with it. I am not trying to start another flamewar here, there's enough of those. I just wanted to reply to your comment as it seems very difficult for a number of users who haven't had problems to understand why the many of us who DO have problems are very cynical about anything source related at this point in time. Peace........Phil
It's not about the Source Engine in the least. It's about VALVe being nothing but a company built on lies, empty promises and no care/concern for their customers.
Old 10-22-05, 03:08 PM   #18
toxikneedle
this.is.a.chemical.burn

Send a message via AIM to toxikneedle Send a message via MSN to toxikneedle

Quote:
Originally Posted by superklye
It's not about the Source Engine in the least. It's about VALVe being nothing but a company built on lies, empty promises and no care/concern for their customers.
Dude... whatever, there is thousands of people that play valve games. If you know that valve never releases anything on time then why even pay attention to their release a dates? Just enjoy the free stuff..... But jesus christ, can anyone even make a topic in the source forums without all these valve-haters coming in complaining about "stuttering", release dates, or bad customer service.
Old 10-22-05, 03:17 PM   #19
PeterJensen

Quote:
Originally Posted by superklye
Shut up. Next time you have a problem with ANYTHING and complain about terrible customer service you received, I hope you remember this asinine comment you made.

No i will not shut up. I for one have never had a problem with Steam or Valve products.
You my friend sound like a broken record.

Old 10-22-05, 03:19 PM   #20
Brimstone7

I won't fuel the flames of the anti-Valve discussion, but the Lost Coast definately seems like "too little, too late." I mean, most of us have picked up either Quake 4 or Fear by now, maybe both. There are also a ton of other great games that have either been already released or are coming up soon (Age of Empires 3, Oblivion, Xbox 360.) If this level came out over the summer when we were in a dry spell maybe I would have cared a bit more, but as of right now, there is very little reason to get excited over one measly level when there is just so much out there.

Old 10-22-05, 03:29 PM   #21
emailthatguy

can you link me to a news release where valve promised anything?

sure theyve said they want to do things, like lost coast, given dates on when they thought they could get it done. but i can't think of any time ever valve ever said
"we promise itll be out on x day"

they didnt promise anything man i dunno what yer smokin
No more ati | Athlon64 X2 6000+ Black | Asrock Mobo | 4GB RAM | 250 GB Maxtor Sata | Soundblaster X-fi XtremeGamer | EVGA 8800 GTS | HP w1907 Monitor | Logitech Z-680 Speakers | Audiovox PNP3 Sirius Satellite Radio Tuner | Sidewinder Mouse| Vista Home Premium | Logitech G15 Keyboard
Old 10-22-05, 03:48 PM   #22
superklye

Quote:
No i will not shut up. I for one have never had a problem with Steam or Valve products.
You my friend sound like a broken record.
Hmm...smells kinda like farts and cheetos...you just got done kissing Gabe's ass again, huh? I'm not your friend and you sound like an ignorant VALVe fanboy.

And maybe there wouldn't be all these "VALVe-haters" if they weren't such a shoddy company. No one is talking about the Source engine or it's stuttering and bugs.

If you're willing to live with and allow people to get away with lies and false information, then why not just move to China? Their entire government is built on keeping the people in dark due to proganda and selective information leaking.

I, for one, like to know that the people I'm giving my money to are trustworthy and care about those that gave them the position they are in and the power they have. VALVe does not appreciate us or our money and if you can't see that, we'll, that's your own damned fault.
Old 10-22-05, 03:51 PM   #23
superklye

Quote:
Originally Posted by emailthatguy
can you link me to a news release where valve promised anything?

sure theyve said they want to do things, like lost coast, given dates on when they thought they could get it done. but i can't think of any time ever valve ever said
"we promise itll be out on x day"

they didnt promise anything man i dunno what yer smokin
Oh right, they didn't say HL2 would be out in November of 2003, right? They didn't string out the releases of Lost Coast and DoD forever, right? They didn't necessarily say "we promise it'll be out", but giving an actual date or a time frame IS a promise. Why would you say that you were going to have something out on 12/15/05 if you knew for a fact you wouldn't be done until 3/15/06. Don't give dates timelines until you know you can deliver on the dates you gave. It's a pretty simple concept to grasp--one that apparently VALVe just can't seem to figure out.
Old 10-22-05, 03:52 PM   #24
TierMann
Bite my shiny, metal @ss!

*Yawn*
Quote:
Hmm i find it weird that a shop in Findland got them, when OCuk dont have ANNY in stock AND list em as comming last in November.
http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/show...423#post710423

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/show...413#post704413

A fine example.
http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/show...018#post689018

It sucks when something doesn't meet expectations, huh?
If valve is working great for you, and you're happy with it, then that's fantastic. Why not post that message in the first place instead of calling everyone who is upset with it a whiner? You yourself have a few posts about not buying ATi with no back story. We all have the companies we no longer like/trust.
Athlon XP 3000+ | ECS KM400M2 3.0 | 512mb DDR333 | PNY 5200 Ultra
TV-Tuner | Silver Aspire X-Qpack w/Windows | WinXP MCE 2005 | 200Gb Storage
DVD Collection -- MySpace
Closed Thread