Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Closed Thread

Old 10-22-05, 02:53 PM   #25
Rakeesh

Default Re: Lost Coast... NEXT WEEK!

I think pretty much every game valve has ever released didn't come out until about a year or longer after their initially announced release date.

Core i7 2600k 4.4Ghz 1.385v | Corsair H60 | 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 8-8-8-24 | MSI P67A-G45 | OCZ Vertex 3 | Sapphire 7850 OC to Max settings

Old 10-22-05, 02:54 PM   #26
emailthatguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by superklye
Oh right, they didn't say HL2 would be out in November of 2003, right? They didn't string out the releases of Lost Coast and DoD forever, right? They didn't necessarily say "we promise it'll be out", but giving an actual date or a time frame IS a promise. Why would you say that you were going to have something out on 12/15/05 if you knew for a fact you wouldn't be done until 3/15/06. Don't give dates timelines until you know you can deliver on the dates you gave. It's a pretty simple concept to grasp--one that apparently VALVe just can't seem to figure out.
its a game, if you dont like it, dont play it. play something else. i think youre taking this whole video game thing way too seriously
No more ati | Athlon64 X2 6000+ Black | Asrock Mobo | 4GB RAM | 250 GB Maxtor Sata | Soundblaster X-fi XtremeGamer | EVGA 8800 GTS | HP w1907 Monitor | Logitech Z-680 Speakers | Audiovox PNP3 Sirius Satellite Radio Tuner | Sidewinder Mouse| Vista Home Premium | Logitech G15 Keyboard
Old 10-22-05, 03:02 PM   #27
Superfly
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by toxikneedle
can anyone even make a topic in the source forums without all these valve-haters coming in complaining about "stuttering", release dates, or bad customer service.

Nope its my personal mission to hurt their sales as much as possible
Old 10-22-05, 03:42 PM   #28
$n][pErMan
III%

Send a message via AIM to $n][pErMan

Quote:
Don't give dates timelines until you know you can deliver on the dates you gave. It's a pretty simple concept to grasp--one that apparently VALVe just can't seem to figure out.
No sh!t... if I did that with a computer system I was building I would lose money and probably a customer. Not to mention... in any business... you need to stick to deadlines... if you cant hit the deadline .. dont publically set it or market around it. Just stupid and shows a lack of ability to get the job done right and on time. I have no respect for people or companies who cant stick to thier deadlines.
Intel® Core 2 Quad Q6600 G0 @ 3.51GHz (390 x 9 / 1.39v) | ASUS P5B Deluxe/WiFi-AP LGA 775 Intel P965 (1236 BIOS) | OCZ GOLD 8GB (2GB x 4) DDR2 PC2-8500 Dual Channel (4-4-4-12 780Mhz/1.95V 1:1 Ratio) | EVGA GeForce GTX 770 DUAL SuperClocked 4GB (Currently @ 1240MHz Core / 7112MHz Memory) | Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatal1ty FPS | Zalman CNPS9700 LED Ultra Quiet CPU Cooler | Samsung SSD 840 Series 256GB | ASUS ProArt 24in Widescreen LED 1920 x 1200 | Samsung DVD-RW-DL 18x Burner w/ lightscribe| SILVERSTONE OP650 ATX12V / EPS12V 650W Power Supply | AOpen 5.1 Surround sound system | Windows 7 Pro x64
100% Orthos Stable!
Old 10-22-05, 04:28 PM   #29
superklye

Quote:
Originally Posted by emailthatguy
its a game, if you dont like it, dont play it. play something else. i think youre taking this whole video game thing way too seriously
No, it's not a game. It's not ABOUT the game at all and if you would read my posts instead of making sh!t up in your head, thinking that's what I said, you would see that now. This is at least the third time I've said now that:

I. AM. SICK. OF. VALVE. LYING. TO. THEIR. CUSTOMERS.

And, since you can't seem to figure it out: WE ARE THEIR CUSTOMERS.

Do you get it now? Is it still too hard to understand that this has nothing to do with their products, but how they go about marketing their products and leading consumers on with FALSE INFORMATION and LIES.

(huh, what do you know, I didn't say a single thing in there about the Source Engine and the plethora of bugs it has.)
Old 10-22-05, 04:47 PM   #30
ST:DS9

Hmm, Blizzard always seem to miss thier release dates. Anyways, Valve realized they did a bad thing with the HL2 release date and made a statement about it, and since then they have not made that kind of mistake before, they have basically given "maybe, hopefully, goals" types since then (just like any other developer out there). I dont ever believe any release date until I hear that it goes Gold, other then that the release date is fluid.
Old 10-22-05, 05:32 PM   #31
superklye

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST:DS9
Hmm, Blizzard always seem to miss thier release dates. Anyways, Valve realized they did a bad thing with the HL2 release date and made a statement about it, and since then they have not made that kind of mistake before, they have basically given "maybe, hopefully, goals" types since then (just like any other developer out there). I dont ever believe any release date until I hear that it goes Gold, other then that the release date is fluid.
But still, they're saying that date because it seems possible. Instead of doing that, do what many other companies now do: "It'll be out when it's done." When it get close to being done, THEN give a release date.
Old 10-22-05, 06:53 PM   #32
aAv7

It's nice valve is sending a free level for fans to play, what's not nice is the actual $50 dollar game we PAID for still has bugs up the ass.

Looks like I purchased my 7800gtx at a great time, cant wait to give this stuttering madness a tr..tr....tr.....tr...try.
[SIZE="1"][B]CPU:[/B] AMD64 3200+ Winchester @ 2.2 [B]RAM:[/B] 2GB Kingston Dual Channel DDR 400 [B]Motherboard:[/B] Gigabyte K8 Triton nForce4 [B]VideoCard:[/B] eVGA GeForce 7800GTX 512MB [B]Hard Drive:[/B] WD 250GB Sata [B]OS:[/B] Dual boot, Windows XP Home/Windows Professional x64 Edition Retail[B] Audio:[/B] X-Fi Xtreme Music [B]Mouse:[/B] Logitech MX 310 [B]PSU:[/B] 500W Ultra Connect (34A on the 12V+)[/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"][B]Xbox 360:[/B] w/ Intercooler @ 1280x1024 , Dynasty Warriors 5, Fight Night Round 3, Kameo, NBA 2K6, Perfect Dark Zero CE, and PGR 3[SIZE="1"][/SIZE][/SIZE]

Old 10-22-05, 07:26 PM   #33
ST:DS9

Quote:
Originally Posted by aAv7
It's nice valve is sending a free level for fans to play, what's not nice is the actual $50 dollar game we PAID for still has bugs up the ass.

Looks like I purchased my 7800gtx at a great time, cant wait to give this stuttering madness a tr..tr....tr.....tr...try.
I thought the stuttering issue has been cleared up many months ago. It was cleared up for me when they did that update that focused on that issue. That sucks that it is still there.
Old 10-22-05, 11:58 PM   #34
Gentle

I've read all this and all I have to say is you guys need to get out more.

Plain and simple.

It's a game.

It's a company that makes games.

If Valve and Half-Life 2 got you this worked up, you really need to step back and rethink your priorities in life.

I for one can do that.

Can you?

I am also one that has not had the issues that some people claim a majority of users have.

I've been a computer gamer since 1983 on 4 very different types of computers.

I've learned patience when dealing with computers and gaming.

One point addressed directly at Superfly...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superfly
Nope its my personal mission to hurt their sales as much as possible
That is being childish. Really. Think about it.

I really hope that your "personal mission" involves making statements you can back up by *FACTUAL DATA* if not, I'd watch your back, because I think that may very well be actionable in a court of law.

Gentle
Old 10-23-05, 12:02 AM   #35
superklye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentle
I've read all this and all I have to say is you guys need to get out more.

Plain and simple.

It's a game.

It's a company that makes games.

If Valve and Half-Life 2 got you this worked up, you really need to step back and rethink your priorities in life.

I for one can do that.

Can you?

I am also one that has not had the issues that some people claim a majority of users have.

I've been a computer gamer since 1983 on 4 very different types of computers.

I've learned patience when dealing with computers and gaming.

One point addressed directly at Superfly...

That is being childish. Really. Think about it.

Oh and don't forget that if your "personal mission" involves making statements you cannot back up by *FACTUAL DATA*, I'd watch your back if I were you, because I think that may very well be actionable in a court of law.

Gentle
Once again, you are looking at it the wrong way. What if your lawyer was doing this to you, telling you your divorce would settle in a week and a year later, you're still waiting? Your stock broker said he would sell the next week but instead waited over a year and now you've lost everything.

Don't be so narrow-visioned about this. Having bad business practices, regardless of what your company does, is never a good thing, and accepting bad business as "they way things are" or whatever, is a terrible attitude to have.
Old 10-23-05, 12:07 AM   #36
Roadhog
Resident Alien

sooo, how big will the lost coast level be? i have 56k.. sadly.
Closed Thread