Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Closed Thread

Old 10-23-05, 12:47 AM   #37
ST:DS9

Default Re: Lost Coast... NEXT WEEK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by superklye
Once again, you are looking at it the wrong way. What if your lawyer was doing this to you, telling you your divorce would settle in a week and a year later, you're still waiting? Your stock broker said he would sell the next week but instead waited over a year and now you've lost everything.

Don't be so narrow-visioned about this. Having bad business practices, regardless of what your company does, is never a good thing, and accepting bad business as "they way things are" or whatever, is a terrible attitude to have.
Your comparing life changing events like divorce or your stocks with a game, Gentle is right your priorities are all messed up. You are right though, I wouldn't tolerate my lawyer being late on life effecting things, or my stock broker not managing my money very well, but gaming is no where near as important as those, nor have I paid big money to the developer to make the game like I would with a lawyer or stockbroker to handle my important life changing parts of my life. In order for your comparison to be valid, you would need to be the publisher that invested money into the developer to make the game by a certian dead line.
Old 10-23-05, 12:48 AM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadhog
sooo, how big will the lost coast level be? i have 56k.. sadly.
I have a feeling it will be pretty big for you, probably an overnighter.
Old 10-23-05, 12:49 AM   #39
Roadhog
Resident Alien

ah, so like 300mb? I hope thats the max... lol
Old 10-23-05, 12:58 AM   #40
superklye

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST:DS9
Your comparing life changing events like divorce or your stocks with a game, Gentle is right your priorities are all messed up. You are right though, I wouldn't tolerate my lawyer being late on life effecting things, or my stock broker not managing my money very well, but gaming is no where near as important as those, nor have I paid big money to the developer to make the game like I would with a lawyer or stockbroker to handle my important life changing parts of my life. In order for your comparison to be valid, you would need to be the publisher that invested money into the developer to make the game by a certian dead line.
No, all I need to be right is a piece of sh!t company that can't keep it's word and doesn't care about it's customers.

That's VALVe.
Old 10-23-05, 01:02 AM   #41
Sazar
Sayonara !!!

If you don't like HL2 or Valve or Steam, don't use the products.

I for one looked in here to see if Jakup had something new to link to. Instead I see the same people saying the same things that have been said in numerous other threads.

Yes, you don't like Valve or HL2. Ok, fine, we GET IT.
Old 10-23-05, 01:10 AM   #42

Quote:
No, all I need to be right is a piece of sh!t company that can't keep it's word and doesn't care about it's customers.

That's VALVe.
, Guess I just proved Gentles point to you , judging by that off the wall comment that doesn't make any sense as a reply to my comment that you quoted.
Old 10-23-05, 01:20 AM   #43
superklye

Quote:
, Guess I just proved Gentles point to you , judging by that off the wall comment that doesn't make any sense as a reply to my comment that you quoted.
Hmm...I don't know what was so hard to understand about my post. Everything was spelled right and puncuated correctly.

Maybe it's because it wasn't filled with the noises of kissing Gabe's ass, like your posts seem to be, that made it so confusing for you.

And Sazar, I'll crusade against VALVe as long as they continue to be this way, as will many others. It's okay when people bitch incessently about Bush, but not a game company, huh?
Old 10-23-05, 01:29 AM   #44
$n][pErMan
III%

Send a message via AIM to $n][pErMan

Quote:
It's okay when people bitch incessently about Bush, but not a game company, huh?
Pwned...
and following that quote...
Quote:
If you don't like HL2 or Valve or Steam, don't use the products.
Then I guess all the silly people complaining about Bush can get the hell out of the USA.... Just helping superklye piece together his aurgument as I get his point!
Intel® Core 2 Quad Q6600 G0 @ 3.51GHz (390 x 9 / 1.39v) | ASUS P5B Deluxe/WiFi-AP LGA 775 Intel P965 (1236 BIOS) | OCZ GOLD 8GB (2GB x 4) DDR2 PC2-8500 Dual Channel (4-4-4-12 780Mhz/1.95V 1:1 Ratio) | EVGA GeForce GTX 770 DUAL SuperClocked 4GB (Currently @ 1240MHz Core / 7112MHz Memory) | Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatal1ty FPS | Zalman CNPS9700 LED Ultra Quiet CPU Cooler | Samsung SSD 840 Series 256GB | ASUS ProArt 24in Widescreen LED 1920 x 1200 | Samsung DVD-RW-DL 18x Burner w/ lightscribe| SILVERSTONE OP650 ATX12V / EPS12V 650W Power Supply | AOpen 5.1 Surround sound system | Windows 7 Pro x64
100% Orthos Stable!

Old 10-23-05, 01:45 AM   #45
Sazar
Sayonara !!!

By your analogy because ID took so long to get their game out to consumers (doom 3) we should all stop playing ID games? Everyone should stop playing Quake and related products? See how much fun putting an argument together can be?

This thread is now 3 pages long, started off with some useful news, basically an update, and was followed by the same posts over and over again.

Even in the Political Forums, at least nowadays, you don't get the same kind of repetition.

The point I made is simple and equating it to the COUNTRY we live in to a GAME we can buy is asinine. There is no common sense segue there. We get to vote for people, vote for Valve with your pocket if you have to. Ask Mike to sticky a thread saying Valve sucks and go with it if it is really such a big deal.
Old 10-23-05, 01:51 AM   #46
superklye

ID said it would be out "when it was done," not November 2004, then May 2005, August 2005, September 2005...etc.
Old 10-23-05, 02:13 AM   #47

Quote:
Hmm...I don't know what was so hard to understand about my post. Everything was spelled right and puncuated correctly.

Maybe it's because it wasn't filled with the noises of kissing Gabe's ass, like your posts seem to be, that made it so confusing for you.

And Sazar, I'll crusade against VALVe as long as they continue to be this way, as will many others. It's okay when people bitch incessently about Bush, but not a game company, huh?
Oh I quite understood your post, just dont understand how it relates to my response that you quoted. Are you saying that you would right about Gaming being as important as important life changing events as divorce or your stocks, if you were a developer like what you described. Well then your right then, because getting that game onto the market is a life changing event for them. But being a gamer and waiting for a game that is late is not a life changing event.

Do you call everybody that has thier priorities straight and not let a delay in a game be such a huge deal, or someone who agrees with certain aspects of thier buisness model a butt kissing fanboy? Guess you can call me a Blizzard fanboy also since I agree with something they do that alot of people dont like, even though I dont like any of their games. Guess everybody is a fanboy of Valve that doesn't agree with you.

Just to let you know, there are plenty of things that Valve needs to do if they want to be anything like Bioware or Egosoft. As of right now, they are far from Bioware and Egosoft, but they are still ahead of many others though.

Now from my expierence Valve has done a great job with customer service, I had 2 problems that I contacted them with and I was satisfied with the quick response and information they gave me. I had to contact them a second time for one problem and they gave me a non-generated, non pre-wrote response to help me, which worked. It seems others have had a different expierence, and if they did do everything they can do to get help from Valve, then Valve needs to make improvements in that area. Valve has already improved on thier release date information, since none of thier dates were ever set in stone since the HL2 release date fiasco.

They also need to work on the Source engine. Now I dont have any problem as of right now with any source game, but I know many others do and they have done everything possible to find out if it was their computer or not. So valve needs some major work on the engine.

Valve is also working on to many projects at one time. They have thier resources spread out to thin, and that is why projects take so long, and probably why there ends up being lots of bugs.

They need to be more involved with the community and talk to them, in other words they need to visit thier own forums and make replys.

Valve has the potential to become a generally respected developer like Bioware and Egosoft, even Bethesda.
Old 10-23-05, 02:16 AM   #48
Rakeesh

Quote:
Hmm, Blizzard always seem to miss thier release dates.
From what I have seen, they miss them by about a month or two at most. Valve misses them by years.

Quote:
Anyways, Valve realized they did a bad thing with the HL2 release date and made a statement about it, and since then they have not made that kind of mistake before,
Well...no...CS:CZ came about a year and a half after its initial announced release date. Not only was it a year late and a few hundred dollars short, but it also delivered to its customers way less than valve promised. People were pretty damn pissed off about that. Valve ended up repeating this mistake with HL2. Its main saving grace is that it uses a mostly up to date game engine, whereas CZ didn't.

The fact of the matter is that not only does valve have a habbit of releasing their games way late, but also incomplete. And then to make matters worse they run around like a chicken with its head cut off, and they don't focus their efforts, vis-a-vis lost coast and dod:s whereas source itself is still riddled with bugs that they should have spent their time and energy fixing first.

Core i7 2600k 4.4Ghz 1.385v | Corsair H60 | 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 8-8-8-24 | MSI P67A-G45 | OCZ Vertex 3 | Sapphire 7850 OC to Max settings

Closed Thread