Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Closed Thread

Old 10-24-05, 02:06 AM   #61
emailthatguy

Default Re: Lost Coast... NEXT WEEK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamingLordX
Video and computer gaming are as part of my life as the oxygen I breath. It is a very, very important aspect of my life that I take very seriously. So much so that my career is being based off of my love for gaming. Do not act like gaming is some type of unimportant fad. That is fine if it is to you but do not treat people that think otherwise like we are on some lower intelligence level. We hardcore gamers have a name for people like you: "casual gamers". Idiot comes to mind also...
i never said anything about anyones intelligence. i just read post after ranting post and thought "wow thats not healthy". so yeah, it appears to not only just me that maybe he is taking this whole video game thing way too seriously.

you can call me hardcore or casual or idiot, call me whatever you want thats fine. but you have no idea what kind of gamer i am or how long i have been.

id never say gaming was some sort of important fad ever either. why would i? its been paying my rent since 99
No more ati | Athlon64 X2 6000+ Black | Asrock Mobo | 4GB RAM | 250 GB Maxtor Sata | Soundblaster X-fi XtremeGamer | EVGA 8800 GTS | HP w1907 Monitor | Logitech Z-680 Speakers | Audiovox PNP3 Sirius Satellite Radio Tuner | Sidewinder Mouse| Vista Home Premium | Logitech G15 Keyboard
Old 10-24-05, 03:18 AM   #62
superklye

What does paying your rent have to do with anythign?
Old 10-24-05, 12:39 PM   #63
Riptide

Gentlemen...

It's a fact that release dates are missed all the time. Hardware and software. I have one hell of a time thinking of a single major publisher or engineering company that hasn't goofed on release dates.

Yes some are worse than others. Valve is right up there with the worse of 'em.

But I do agree this constant bitching at Valve, and pretty much Valve alone, is getting a little repetitious.

I don't like it when ANY company misses a release date and I agree Valve and others would do good to start being more careful about how they do things.
Old 10-24-05, 03:29 PM   #64
GamerGuyX

Quote:
Originally Posted by emailthatguy
but you have no idea what kind of gamer i am or how long i have been.
Hey these are your words:

Quote:
i dont ever wanna be a "gamer" nor do i wanna be "extreme"

im just a guy that plays games
People that "just play games" are usually referred to as casual gamers. So yeah, I guess I kinda do know what kinda gamer you are.

[url="http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_list.php?s=&t=35216"]Folding for Team# 35216 : NvNews + OSNN + SP[/URL]
Old 10-24-05, 03:42 PM   #65
emailthatguy

the point being, is labels on people are bad, aparently you think thats ok though, you seem to throw enough of them around.
No more ati | Athlon64 X2 6000+ Black | Asrock Mobo | 4GB RAM | 250 GB Maxtor Sata | Soundblaster X-fi XtremeGamer | EVGA 8800 GTS | HP w1907 Monitor | Logitech Z-680 Speakers | Audiovox PNP3 Sirius Satellite Radio Tuner | Sidewinder Mouse| Vista Home Premium | Logitech G15 Keyboard
Old 10-24-05, 03:53 PM   #66
UDawg
Retired spammer

So let me get this straight, this Lost Coast is just a free level? That's it one level? I'm sorry but why have so many been waiting for this? I might take what, an hour (at most) to complete?
Old 10-24-05, 04:02 PM   #67
superklye

Quote:
the point being, is labels on people are bad, aparently you think thats ok though, you seem to throw enough of them around.
You make it sound like he's calling you a racial slur or something. What's the big deal?
Old 10-24-05, 04:12 PM   #68
|MaguS|

So... I have been MIA, Have they given this a date or is it just a random day this week?

Old 10-24-05, 05:04 PM   #69
Riptide

Quote:
Originally Posted by UDawg
So let me get this straight, this Lost Coast is just a free level? That's it one level? I'm sorry but why have so many been waiting for this? I might take what, an hour (at most) to complete?
I think it has some nice HDR support and that is the big thing people have been anticipating it for.
Old 10-24-05, 05:23 PM   #70
GamerGuyX

Quote:

[url="http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_list.php?s=&t=35216"]Folding for Team# 35216 : NvNews + OSNN + SP[/URL]
Old 10-24-05, 05:25 PM   #71
GamerGuyX

Damn I double-posted...

Old 10-24-05, 05:27 PM   #72
Rakeesh

The only thing that really has me interested in Loast is that the grape vine is suggesting that all of the textures will be in 4096x4096 resolution. But judging from the screenshots seen, I don't think this is the case, so thus I am only mildly interested.

Core i7 2600k 4.4Ghz 1.385v | Corsair H60 | 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 8-8-8-24 | MSI P67A-G45 | OCZ Vertex 3 | Sapphire 7850 OC to Max settings

Closed Thread