Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 01-03-03, 07:32 AM   #1
ragejg
nV News Alumni

Send a message via AIM to ragejg
Default Fighting Games for PC? Or am I stuck with P.S. Emulation??

Are there ANY fighting games out for PC? Yeah, I like how Tekken3 looks @ 1280x1024, but DANG! I've been playing it for like 3 years, and wonder if there's any other options...

Yes I admit it, I try to make my PC do console-ish things, but it's unconventional and I LIKE IT!!

I guess if there's nothing for PC then I'll just go get Bloody Roar 2, and play it to death @ hi-rez...

Anything? Anything?

2010-2011 Reviews: GTX 570 | GTX 580 | GTS 450 | GTX 460 | GTX 465
Pre-2010 Reviews: 6600 GT | XMS 4400 DDR | SilenX Cooler | 6800 | 5900 XT | Personal Cinema | 5900 NU

Phenom II x6 1090t @ 4.0 ghz | Asus M498TD-EVO Am3 SLI nForce 980a | 2x EVGA GTX 560 SLI | 2x4gb DDR3-1333 | Antec EarthWatts EA650 PSU | 60gb Mushkin Calisto Enhanced Sandforce SSD | 2x WD2500KS RAID 0 | Sunbeam Tuniq 3 case | 24" Asus 19x10 LED LCD | 26" Panasonic 720p TV | Sidewinder X5 mouse | Logitech MX5500 & Revolution mouse | Altec Lansing 5.1 THX-Certified audio | Win 7 Ultimate | desk | couch

ragejg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-03, 07:39 AM   #2
vampireuk
**** Holster

Send a message via AIM to vampireuk

I believe many years ago when Body Blows came out the makers and supporters of it had their testicles removed so the fighting game spirit could not be continued....thats a no
Old 01-03-03, 10:08 AM   #3
MUYA

Send a message via MSN to MUYA

not likely it seems all the good beat em ups/fighting and wrestling games are all console based these days....I was hoping for a Dead Or Alive 4 port from the Xbox to PC but that doesn't seem to be on the cards...at least I haven't heard of anythingto the contrary!

We need a few decent fighting/boxing games for the PC. PC games coverage is most weak in that area.(..and platform...but I think ppl who wanted to play platform would buy a console?)

We have enough FPS and RTS and RPG games going round to last ....at least thats what i think...till Doom 3 or Unreal 2 or even Stalker comes round? But it would be nice to take your fustrations with a good punch or some 21 combo hit move to an opponent than blasting them away with machine guns, rocket launchers. ...sometimes!

well ....heres hoping

:P

MUYA
Corsair K90 - Corsair Venegance 2000 Headset - Razer Naga Epic
Corsair 600T Case
MUYA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-03, 10:09 AM   #4
sytaylor
Cerebral Barbarian

sega released last bronx on to the pc (a damn good game, anbd worth checking out) a jewel... if you can find it but other than that emulation is your best bet
Yuraku 24" Widescreen monitor

It saddens me that I need the following to post here:

Disclaimer: Any views expressed in the above post under the psuedonym "sytaylor" are entirely subjective and do not reflect the views of any business, company or entity associated with Simon Taylor. The use, copying of or editing of any materials within this post for professional purposes without written permission is stricly prohibitted under the UK Right of Privacy as provided in the Human Rights Act 1998 and the European Convention on Human Rights: Article 10 ECHR. Any attempt to use the information herin shall be subject to the Data Protection Act and Freedom of Information act, with damages being saught for defamation. This disclaimer applies to all text, images or media on this domain.

You have been warned.
My Blog
sytaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-03, 10:24 AM   #5
zoolap
GeHorse Ti4200

Smile

I wish there was more in the way of beat-em ups for the pc. I want more variety on top of the endless fps shooters.

Only two i can think of:

Scrolling beater The Rage which is a side scrolling beat-em up like Streets of Rage or Final fight you can download the demo at the site. I've got the Rage and it's ok, but could be better. You can have up to 4 players on one pc or networked though. They also have a beat-em up game called Jaxe in development at the moment. You should be able to see some screenshots if you download the english powerpoint presentation for the bit headed "NEW 3D ENGINE".

The other one that seems really interesting is "One Must Fall: Battlegrounds"which is based on an older side on beat-em (one-on-one like streetfighter 2 - you can download the old one free, but it is a DOS game) called One Must Fall. "Battlegrounds" is not out yet, but they have been beta testing it for a while and it's scheduled for release first quarter this year i think.
Old 01-03-03, 10:56 AM   #6
saturnotaku
Apple user. Deal with it.

If you're a fan of Mortal Kombat, MK4 was available for the PC at one time. The only way you'd probably find it now is through ebay.

But I don't think we'll be seeing any new fighting games for the PC anytime in the forseeable future. That's fine - every type of gaming system has to have its niche.
saturnotaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-03, 10:56 AM   #7
vampireuk
**** Holster

Send a message via AIM to vampireuk

I guess no one remembers body blows

I think my age is starting to show
Old 01-03-03, 10:59 AM   #8
saturnotaku

Yeah, take a hike old man.

Old 01-03-03, 11:14 AM   #9
Fusion
Sapphire Atlantis 9700Pro

Quote:
I guess no one remembers body blows
Yeah, I had it on my Amiga500.
Now that must make me even older

Oh, and isn't ePSXe just a wonderful thing ?
There's nothing quite like Wipeout3, at 1280x960x32 4xS FSAA, 2x AA.
Sapphire Radeon 9700 Pro
SBLive ! Audigy 2
Bungholio Marks - 147
Fusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-03, 01:30 PM   #10
gmontem

There was also that fun polygonal, DOS boxing game called "4D Boxing"....
gmontem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-03, 09:12 PM   #11
EciDemon

Send a message via ICQ to EciDemon

Hehe ... body blows ... played it at school many years ago on the 486 comps they had there (or if it was 386). I had it retail for amiga too. Nice game

There are very few beat em ups for pc and that is a shame I think, Im a huge fan of beat em ups, got tons of them for psx and for my new ps2 i got a few weeks back most of my games are fighting games.

But for pc the best thing to do is to just get a good emulator.

If you are a real fan of 2d beat em ups ala street fighter like me then you should check out neogeo. Most of the games for that system is beat em ups, and they are good too. The best ones are made by Snk, like King of fighters series. Rage of dragons is cool too.

Ill have to check out epsxe too now when I have upgraded my comp, didnt even cross my mind.

btw is there a working ps2 emu out yet ?
EciDemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-03, 09:49 PM   #12
saturnotaku

Quote:
Originally posted by EciDemon
btw is there a working ps2 emu out yet ?
Nope and probably never will be either. PS2 is still way too powerful for any computer the average Joe would be using.