Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 01-03-03, 09:55 PM   #13
Starscream
Decepticook

Quote:
Originally posted by saturnotaku
Nope and probably never will be either. PS2 is still way too powerful for any computer the average Joe would be using.
I wouldn't say never. People said the same thing about N64 emulation not too long ago after all.
Old 01-03-03, 10:11 PM   #14
EciDemon

Send a message via ICQ to EciDemon

Ok, thanx for the info about ps2 emu. Last time I checked (almost a year ago) there were only fake emus with trojans or viruses. Im pretty sure there eventually will be an ps2 emulator, It just takes time, just as it did with the psx emu. I think the ps2 is an impressive console, I boght mine just two weeks ago (I know, very late) ... man games are impressive. I only got a few games like tekken 4 and mgs 2... they both rule! ... why cant we get such cool games for pc ?
There is also a big lack of "console" type rpgs for pc. As far as I know there has only been a few converted games ... thats a shame considering what the Pc with a good gfx card can do.
EciDemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-03, 10:33 PM   #15
saturnotaku
Apple user. Deal with it.

Bought your PS2 very late? I bought my Xbox <1 month ago and that's the first real console I've ever owned in my over 20 years of existence. And I have to say it's damn fine. I'm glad there are different games available for it (Shenmue II, DOA3, Project Gotham, MK: Deadly Alliance) that way I'll still be able to find my PC entertaining for games like UT2003 and so forth.

It's a nice balance if you ask me.
saturnotaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-03, 10:41 PM   #16
EciDemon

I was considering an x-box, But I think that the games avalible reflects pc too much. Games for ps2 is more uniqe IMO. Been into consoles for many years my self but lately its been alot of pc for my part, until now

Another reason for not buying an x-box is that alot of the top games is or will be avalible for pc. x-box has some uniqe cool games too ofcours

*Im no fan of systems, Im a fan of games*
Old 01-04-03, 12:30 AM   #17
Serath
Dark Mirth

Send a message via ICQ to Serath Send a message via AIM to Serath Send a message via Yahoo to Serath

actually, there is a PS2 emu already in development and it's doing a very nice job so far. It's coming along faster than the whole PSEmu Pro style emus did. (epsxe is one of them). Check out www.ngemu.com and look into PCSX2
Serath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-03, 02:18 AM   #18
Matthyahuw

Send a message via ICQ to Matthyahuw Send a message via AIM to Matthyahuw Send a message via Yahoo to Matthyahuw

I'd rather see an Xbox emu...
all you'd need is a GF4 or higher, and you have yourself a better than Xbox system!
Old 01-04-03, 02:22 AM   #19
Kruno
TypeDef's assistant

Send a message via ICQ to Kruno Send a message via AIM to Kruno

We all know that Doom 3 will run on a pc but not one a PSX 2 at defualt pc IQ.
Old 01-04-03, 03:41 AM   #20
StealthHawk

Quote:
Originally posted by Starscream
I wouldn't say never. People said the same thing about N64 emulation not too long ago after all.
things haven't progressed much since UltraHLE first came out though and there is still a lot of progress that can/should be made. i basically gave up. especially since Nemu64 died with no updates since 2000 or so.

on the other hand PSX emulators are darn near perfect, and there are better PSX than N64 games anyway

Old 01-04-03, 04:04 AM   #21
LORD-eX-Bu
Horus the pointy master

Talking

yeah, I remember running Wrestlemania 2000 on Nemu and Goldeneye on Ultra-HLE, those ran great! and that was only on a S3 virge! Glide wrappers baby! anyways, once updates stopped coming, that kinda killed emulation for me, and wrestling, but ePSXe kinda brought it back for a little bit, but I've totally lost interest. Even in that PS2 emulator. I'd much rather just buy the console than wait a few years to be able to play the same old game on a platform it was not designed for, with glitches and errors all around. Oh well, I guess thats the fun in emulation, its a challenge, I just don't seem to want to give it another try anymore

EDIT: Actually, I think S3 only worked with Nemu in scheisse mode, then I got a GF2 and thats when Ultra-HLE worked for me.
Old 01-04-03, 04:57 AM   #22
EciDemon

Quote:
Originally posted by StealthHawk
things haven't progressed much since UltraHLE first came out though and there is still a lot of progress that can/should be made. i basically gave up. especially since Nemu64 died with no updates since 2000 or so.

on the other hand PSX emulators are darn near perfect, and there are better PSX than N64 games anyway
Hey StealthHawk, You should checkout Project64, Its a very good n64 emu, works perfectly for me. :here:
Old 01-04-03, 06:46 AM   #23
StealthHawk

Quote:
Originally posted by EciDemon
Hey StealthHawk, You should checkout Project64, Its a very good n64 emu, works perfectly for me. :here:
yeah, i use that as my main N64 emulator. but there are still quite a few games that don't run at all(F-Zero X), and many games with lots of graphical glitches(Smash Bros).

that's just naming a few of the problems. there are also unexplained slowdowns, etc. contrast that to PSX emulation, which is much, much more refined.
Old 01-04-03, 12:16 PM   #24
poursoul
i eat people

EDIT by volt: poursoul, check your message box please

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/anno...?s=&forumid=12

Don't let it happen again.

Last edited by volt; 01-04-03 at 12:52 PM.
poursoul is offline   Reply With Quote