Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 11-01-05, 06:40 PM   #133
Hex
Oh smeg...

Default Re: *** Official Lost Coast Feedback Thread ***

I can not understand why I am getting dumped out right at the beginning of the game.
I thought it could be sound related but checked my drivers.
Any ideas?
The vid locks and the sound keeps going or it dumps me to desktop.
Old 11-02-05, 09:11 AM   #134
karkrash81
Do you like dags?

Send a message via AIM to karkrash81

Very good looking level. Not only because of the HDR but because of the subtle and top notch art direction of Valve. The environment is very believable and the attention to detail, notably some of the architecture is what seals the deal for me. Technically, I have never been too impressed with Half Life 2 but I have always been duly impressed by the consistent quality of the art direction and the art assets found in the game.
My System: Athlon 64 x2 3800+ overclocked to 4600+/2 GB Geil PC3200/8800 GTS 320 mb/Asus A8N SLI Premium motherboard/Logitech z-680's/Total of 760 GB of Hard Drive Space (2x300 + 1x160)/audigy 2/Two 20.1" Widescreen LCD's (Dell 2005fpw)
Favorite movie: Snatch/Favorite Game: NOLF/Song of the Week: "You Know I'm No Good" by Amy Winehouse/
What I'm Playing this Week: Nothing!
karkrash81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-05, 02:56 PM   #135
Sazar
Sayonara !!!

Some more fun in Lost Coast

The trick is to get the timing just right so you can capture the shot of the bird being popped

Game remained pretty playable at the settings in screenies, cept (obviously) for church section. Glitches were at a minimum.

Lesson == How to make a bobby your bitch.
Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-05, 04:04 PM   #136
superklye

hahahahaha
superklye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-05, 06:56 PM   #137
superklye

Okay, I have to admit...this looks amazing. The only reason I reinstalled the HL2 package is for my X-Fi review. I wanted to use Loast as a benchmark for comparison and not only was it pretty fun, but it looks absolutely gorgeous. I still hate VALVe, but...I gotta give them props for this.
Old 11-12-05, 07:40 PM   #138
Sazar
Sayonara !!!

Well they fixed some of the retarded bugs in it but yah, its an ok tech demo.
Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-06, 05:26 PM   #139
spudule

Talking Re: *** Official Lost Coast Feedback Thread ***

I don't know if this is the "official" lost coast feedback thread, but here's my tuppence worth anyway:

Basically I couldn't have enjoyed it more. Okay, so the technology they have created has its quirks, but the way they lay out the trailer is more like a gameplay tute than an engine modding show off.

I really appreciated how they told you why they had implemented each part of the map, how they told you why they chose it and what underlying game creating 'laws' made them choose each area.

I really hope they keep creating things like this and I hope they diversify and explain and show different aspects of the Steam Engine and gameplay (remember that word?... gameplay)

tbh if these guys released a Steam modding tutorial that instructed you in such an in game way... I would buy it. Top Dollar. 50. (what's that $80?)

If this is not the OFFICIAL feedback thread, and you know it, please could you post it and sorry for the gushing... If it is the real thread, then keep up the good work and you can count on my support.
spudule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-06, 07:55 PM   #140
superklye

Quote:
Originally Posted by spudule
I don't know if this is the "official" lost coast feedback thread, but here's my tuppence worth anyway:
Yeah, it's pretty hard to tell with the thread title and all...