Go Back   nV News Forums > Linux Support Forums > NVIDIA Linux

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 12-09-06, 01:28 PM   #1
feffer

Default Where to report a bug?

I see that there is an incomplete page to report bugs which is currently not active. Is there an existing way to report a bug?

If there is not and on the chance that nvidia personnel monitor these forums, this is the bug info:

Using Linux debian sid, with a GeForce420 card, I recently upgraded to the newest nvidia driver 1.0-9631. This seemed to work OK, however, later I noticed a problem in VMware. The display of my virtual machines using VMware Workstation 5.5.3 had horizontal distortion (visible lines). Outside of VMware, the display was normal. I found that downgrading my driver to 1.0-8776, restored my virtual machine displays to normal (good) condition. Evidently there is some sort of incompatibility between Nvidia driver 1.0-9631 and VMware Workstation 5.5.3

If anyone picks this up and has further comments, I'd like to hear about it. Currently my system is working, but is not upgradeable in its current state.

Thanks,
feffer
feffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-06, 01:40 PM   #2
alaric
Cyber Jedi

Default Re: Where to report a bug?

Nvidia personal is reading this forum (which is GREAT! Thanks for supporting linux Nvidia ), but not in the weekend.

Make sure you read the Sticky notes at the top of this forum if you want to report a bug.
Old 12-09-06, 01:52 PM   #3
netllama
NVIDIA Corporation

Default Re: Where to report a bug?

feffer,
Is this problem only present when running VMWare full screen (instead of in a window)? If so, I'd suggest searching the forum, as someone else reported the same issue in the past week, and has a solution.

Thanks,
Lonni
netllama is offline   Reply With Quote