Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 11-04-05, 09:33 AM   #13
superklye

Default Re: Loast Coast Updated

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark501
I've never experienced any bug that I can think of in HL2. And I've played throught it all twice. Steam rarely causes any problems either. Both products feels very polished and complete to me.

I dont know why people keep bitching about Valve and their "poor, incomplete, buggy games and that POS Steam". Isnt it easier to just not buy their games, not install Steam, and go play/do something else that doesnt make your life such a royal pain..?
Well sure. But you're kinda screwed when you find out it's buggy sh!t after you've already bought and installed the products.
superklye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-05, 10:25 AM   #14
Acid Rain
What a sweet little...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hunt
Agreed... would be better to fix these bugs, rather than "hurry" (we all know Valve's "hurrying" pace) Aftermath and then it has the same issues that could have been fixed.
I would agree, but some things are better left dead and forgotton. When your bug fixing capacity is limited to working around your other workarounds which were implemented to work around other workarounds in order to workaround major design issues, it's best just to scrap the damn thing. It gets tiresome when a workaround breaks another workaround, till the latest is broken again in order to fix the old one.
RAM: 4GB KHX6400D2LLK2
3D Porkware: Radeon HD 4890
Aux Equipment: Phase-B Nanocycloptics
Acid Rain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-05, 12:29 PM   #15
Ringthane

OK, so the soldiers standing around with their arms out WAS a bug. I was kinda confused there.
Ringthane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-05, 01:44 PM   #16
Rakeesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinity666
What do you mean by incomplete are you refering to the bugs in source or steam or both?
Source.

Steam has had most of its bugs fixed lately due to a period where the developers allowed you to converse with them directly rather than going through the red tape in that shoddy piss poor support system. There only remains one shortcoming that I want them to fix in steam, but I think they never will since it goes against their design philosophy.

Core i7 2600k 4.4Ghz 1.385v | Corsair H60 | 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 8-8-8-24 | MSI P67A-G45 | OCZ Vertex 3 | Sapphire 7850 OC to Max settings

Rakeesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-05, 01:48 PM   #17
Morrow
Atari STE 4-bit color

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringthane
OK, so the soldiers standing around with their arms out WAS a bug. I was kinda confused there.
You mean you thought that bug was a feature?
Morrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-05, 06:28 PM   #18
superklye

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaWolf_HK
Source.

Steam has had most of its bugs fixed lately due to a period where the developers allowed you to converse with them directly rather than going through the red tape in that shoddy piss poor support system. There only remains one shortcoming that I want them to fix in steam, but I think they never will since it goes against their design philosophy.
What shortcoming? Being a complete resource hog?
superklye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-05, 12:56 AM   #19
Rakeesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by superklye
What shortcoming? Being a complete resource hog?
Mainly, it doesn't have any kind of auto-terminate feature; e.g. automatically close steam when you quit your game. It is a pretty big annoyance to me to have to close a program with its tray icon when you aren't even using it.

FWIW, if it did that I wouldn't really care about the resource hogging as it wouldn't be yet another "lingering" program.

Core i7 2600k 4.4Ghz 1.385v | Corsair H60 | 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 8-8-8-24 | MSI P67A-G45 | OCZ Vertex 3 | Sapphire 7850 OC to Max settings

Rakeesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-05, 01:28 AM   #20
BioHazZarD
USCM Marine

Send a message via MSN to BioHazZarD

Quote:
Originally Posted by |JuiceZ|
Aftermath is never coming out guys, it'll just magically turn into Half-Life 3 in 7yrs
Youre wrong, they know most people are tired of HL2 and since they are not really that much cool mods out there they wanna get this out sooner or later but it suprised me we wont see it this year dah.
Chieftec Miditower /w 5 case fans | Corsair 620W HX PSU | Asus M4N98TD EVO SLI | AMD Athlon2 X2 260 3,2GHz | Corsair 3GB PC3-10666 | eVGA Geforce GTX 460 1GB (336shader) | Samsung Spinpoint x2 250GB HD +SATA 320GB | SB Audigy 4 @ 2.1 | Samsung Syncmaster BX2331 TFT 23" running 1920x1080@60hz | Windows XP PRO SP2 | |
BioHazZarD is offline   Reply With Quote