Go Back   nV News Forums > Linux Support Forums > NVIDIA Linux

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 08-11-02, 08:30 PM   #1
stootles

Default A question of acelloration, openGL and anti-aliasing

Hi,

I am looking at replacing my Matrox 550 with a Nvidia card. I have a couple of questions, which I think I know the answer to form other posts, but some of the answers were a little confusion, so before I pur hard currency on the line I figure I better ask.

I run my matrox in a duel head xineraman configuration. Acceloration open GL only work on the primary Head, which mean AA fonts need to be turned off. (according to the matrox bb).

I would like to run dual head(Xinerama) with acceloration on BOTH and openGL on both. From what I have read the Ge-Force 4 cards with Dual outputs will do it. Is this correct? (I am specifically looking at a GF4 MX440) aND WILL IT DO IT WITH 2 vga monitors?

Thanks for any help,

Stewart
Old 08-12-02, 03:24 AM   #2
Thunderbird

On Nvidia hardware OpenGL and AA will work on both heads. Only Xv (hardware video scaling needed for DVDs / Divx) will work on only one head accelerated.

The card you want is something GF4 MX or GF4 TI based. Both cards support the same (twi)nview stuff. At the moment nvidia is more pushing Geforce4 Ti boards with twinview. Most of those boards ship with 1xVGA, 1xDVI and 1xtvout. (for a second VGA screen you need to use a convertor which is included)

The GF4 MX support this stuff too but it can be that it is hard to find to find an MX4 supporting 2x VGA. Most ship with 1xVGA +1xTVOUT. But I found some boards with the stuff you need. (for example cards from Gainward and MSI)
Thunderbird is offline   Reply With Quote