Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 11-24-05, 07:46 AM   #109
agentkay

Default Re: ***Official NFS: Most Wanted Feedback Thread***

Hey Thermalin, how did you manage make the first screenshot from the side? I cant move the camera during a race or free roaming mode to the side of the car.

BTW, how many challenges does the Black Edition have? 69 or 75?
agentkay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-05, 10:47 AM   #110
consolegamer

This is the type of car you end up with when you encourage your wife to take part in the game and make all the design decisions.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	cobaltss.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	167.6 KB
ID:	14561  
consolegamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-05, 11:00 AM   #111
consolegamer

I'm still torn with the shadows issue. I dropped the resolution down to 1280x1024 with all maxed and it "seems" to play fine but there were some spots I questioned. So, I turned FRAPS back on and saw some dips below 30fps. Granted, all my opponents were on screen at one time and it looked like somebody dropped a bomb with all the debris and cars flying about, but still, the perceived "stutter" was a little annoying.

Playing with AA and AF doesn't seem to have a strong effect. The 7800GTX SLI setup I use seems strong in that area. I think I'm going to jump back up to 1600x1200 and drop the AA down to the first notch (2x?) and turn off shadows. I like the idea of running at the monitor's native resolution. Also, the "shadow" cast by the car in bumper mode (my preferred mode) just seems silly.

Anyone else having to make such decisions or compromises to acheive a level of performance that suits their tastes?

And to think... I was under the impression that once I had this top-end SLI setup I wouldn't have to make such adjustments. I just thought I could run everything full on. HA! I wish it was that easy.
Old 11-24-05, 01:43 PM   #112
Smokey
Team Rainbow

try using 2xQ AA and enable just a little bit of the image correction in the nvidia control panel to take away that little bit of blur, this works best for me in games where 4x is too slow.
| Intel Q9550 @ 4GHz | Gigabyte EP45 UD3R |4x 1024MB OCZ Reaper PC9200 DDR2 | Seagate 320GB/ Maxtor 320GB/ Maxtor 500GB HDD|Sapphire HD5850 | Creative SB X-Fi Titanium Pro | Harmon Kardon AVR135 reciever | Jamo S718 speakers | 42" Plasma 720p (lounge room)-Samsung P2450H (bedroom)
Smokey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-05, 08:46 PM   #113
Banko
Red Pepper Vodka

Here is mine:

MSI P55-GD80
G.Skill DDR3-1600 8gb 4x2gb
Asus DRW-1814BLT SATA
ATi Radeon 5870
OCZ GameXStream 700W
Windows 7 Ultimate

HTPC/Second Gaming PC:
Gigabyte GA-EP45-DQ6
Intel Q6600 @ 2.8
G.Skill DDR2 4gb 2x2gb
NVidia 8800GTX
OCZ GameXStream 700W
Banko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-05, 10:38 PM   #114
j0j081

Quote:
Originally Posted by consolegamer
This is the type of car you end up with when you encourage your wife to take part in the game and make all the design decisions.
lol I used to have my ex-gf design mine in the orginal NFSU. Came out much better than I could do!
j0j081 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-05, 10:42 PM   #115
jAkUp
eat. sleep. overclock.

Thats weird, with my old 7800GTX's in SLI I would run NFS at 1600x1200 with all the sliders turned up all the way
Old 11-24-05, 10:48 PM   #116
consolegamer

Hmm... I'm still a little confused by the huge jumps in FPS during races. Seems like when I turn a corner I can see a huge, like 20fps, drop on occassion. I'll be cruising along and BAM!, I go from 60+ down to 40+. Really makes you kinda jump from the perceived stutter. I was using 1600x1200 with everything maxed but shadows off.

Could this be the AA or AF? Is it like approacing a corner may have a very limited deep horizon view and then all of a sudden, you turn slightly in a bending curve and the horizon distance is huge? I guess I could see where this may cause an immediate lag whilst the AF catches up.

I'll try backing down on that first to see what happens.

Old 11-25-05, 08:10 AM   #117
muaddib

Couple of questions:

- What's pinkslips?
- I have got arrested 3 times, and I have always payed with Markers. What's markers and what do I loose here?
- After I win a race against a blacklist member, I unlock some cars. Can I get his specific tuned car too?
- What's that orange flame, found in a circle? (on the HUD)
muaddib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-05, 11:31 AM   #118
agentkay

Quote:
Originally Posted by muaddib
Couple of questions:

- What's pinkslips?
- I have got arrested 3 times, and I have always payed with Markers. What's markers and what do I loose here?
- After I win a race against a blacklist member, I unlock some cars. Can I get his specific tuned car too?
- What's that orange flame, found in a circle? (on the HUD)
Pinkslips - AFAIK car registry paper, if you win it from your opponent, you "own" his car.
Markers - they can be used to unlock rivals cars, or unique items, especially on the screen after you win against a blacklist member (6 choices, 3 "hidden", 3 unique items)
Yes you can get the rivals car by picking one of the 3 "hidden" choices. I always use my 2 markers for either the left or middle "choice" and have won 3 of 5 rivals cars.
Orange flame - your heat level, the higher it is, the more popular you are among the cops (and blacklist members). This level drops if you "cooldown" a car in your garage and use a different one OR if you visually mod it.
agentkay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-05, 11:48 AM   #119
saturnotaku
Apple user. Deal with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by agentkay
Pinkslips - AFAIK car registry paper, if you win it from your opponent, you "own" his car.
Pink slip is another word for a car's title, which is the piece of paper issued by the state, acknowledging your ownership of a vehicle. If you purchase a car and you pay cash for the full amount, the dealer will sign the title and have it issued in your name. When you trade in or sell the car, you sign the title to the next party and so forth. If you finance or lease a car, the lending institution takes control of the title until you make your last payment.
saturnotaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-05, 12:04 PM   #120
Greg

Does the full game have higher resolution textures than the demo? I was disapointed with the blury blockiness of the demo, while impressed with the supposed xbox360 screens.
Greg is offline   Reply With Quote