Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 11-27-05, 03:54 PM   #133
kev13dd

Default Re: ***Official NFS: Most Wanted Feedback Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by jAkUp
I just beat it Awesome game, but be ready for the last mission. I spent about 2 hours trying to beat it... soooo frustruating. And the ending was... well lame. After I beat it it pretty much says.... congrats. I wanted a FMV sequence or something!!!
That really sucks. The whole game I was looking forward to some grand ending. Like a race with Cross or some dramatic sequence. Like Razor taking out a gun to shoot Mia and being blown away by Cross and the game ends with him saying "See now, I told you street racing was dangerous" something like that. With how much time I've put into this thing, I want some feeling of closure out of it...

K
Maybe the guys at Shugashack should play around with their gamma correction just a little bit because most of the screenshot are so dark you can't get an idea of what this game is really going to look like
In reference to Doom 3 screenshots from 2001
kev13dd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-05, 04:46 PM   #134
toxikneedle
this.is.a.chemical.burn

Send a message via AIM to toxikneedle Send a message via MSN to toxikneedle

I AM SO PISSED OFF!!

WTF, I'm playing the game and it just crashes so I reload it and it tells me it can't load my career profile. So I go to the mydocuments folder for nfs and open my career file. It's completely empty, it got erased. WTF? I don't want to replay the whole thing...
Old 11-28-05, 05:55 AM   #135
TB303

Hi People,
I got the yesterday and it rocks!

I am getting on avarage around 30 fps on 1024x768 with my rig:
A64 +3000@+3500
XFX 6800GT@Ultra
1GB ram

The game does look amazing though, I'm wondering what setting I can turn off to increase performance with the least amount visual "loss".

What settings would you recomend me? thanks!
TB303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-05, 06:54 AM   #136
blurp

Quote:
Originally Posted by TB303
Hi People,
I got the yesterday and it rocks!

I am getting on avarage around 30 fps on 1024x768 with my rig:
A64 +3000@+3500
XFX 6800GT@Ultra
1GB ram

The game does look amazing though, I'm wondering what setting I can turn off to increase performance with the least amount visual "loss".

What settings would you recomend me? thanks!
I have the same gig and get more or less 40 fps at 1280x1024 with FSAA disabled. When I enabled 'one step to the right' FSAA fps drop to 30s.

I live without FSAA and keep all the eye candy.
blurp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-05, 07:01 PM   #137
agentkay

I found a cheat/exploit while I was trying to get my bounty up! Basically I started at heatlevel 1 and 10 minutes or so later at heatlevel 5 and some 400.000 bounty points I finally managed to get away and got to the bounty calculation screen. After this was done, the new bounty flashes shortly and I could bascially continue free-roaming but I decided to alt-tabed to the desktop, opened up task-manager and ended the speed.exe process. I went back to the game and what did I see, I had the bounty that I have won but my heatlevel was magically back at 1! The game doesn´t seem to save the heatlevel until you are back in the career menu!

I found this be quite helpful when you are working on your bounty but don´t want to worry about "cooling down" your cars heatlevel.
agentkay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-05, 08:02 PM   #138
kev13dd

GAH!

Don't listen to jAkUp- the ending was awesome and everything I expected it to be!

K
Maybe the guys at Shugashack should play around with their gamma correction just a little bit because most of the screenshot are so dark you can't get an idea of what this game is really going to look like
In reference to Doom 3 screenshots from 2001
kev13dd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-05, 08:29 PM   #139
jAkUp
eat. sleep. overclock.

SPOILER ALERT!!!

No... the ending was cool, but I am talking about the ending, after the ending. You know, after the chase part. I spent close to 2 hours on that chase. I wanted some more FMV's or something The cool ending comes before that, but after the chase, your jump the bridge, and you won! Congrats! meh.

Man give me something for spending 2 hours on that chase!
Old 11-28-05, 09:23 PM   #140
sgio2
Chocolate

Anyone have any weird graphics glitches in the game , Im loving it so far , but I am afraid that this game has made my card show its ugly face. Man I dont want to have to get a new card.

System specs in sig , using the latest Hyperion drivers and the 81.85 WHQL Forcewares

Antec 900
4GB Corsair XMS Pro 3200 @ 2.5-3-2-5
ATI Radeon 3870HD 862 Core 1231 Mem
AMD Opteron 165 @ 2.44Ghz
Creative Audigy ZS 2
Twin WD 320GB SATA2
ABIT AT8 32X
sgio2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-29-05, 09:58 AM   #141
TB303

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgio2
Anyone have any weird graphics glitches in the game , Im loving it so far , but I am afraid that this game has made my card show its ugly face. Man I dont want to have to get a new card.

System specs in sig , using the latest Hyperion drivers and the 81.85 WHQL Forcewares
iu'm sorry mate, but what is wrong with this screenshot?

Cheers,
Me.
TB303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-05, 10:13 AM   #142
Tr1cK
not coming back

Quote:
Originally Posted by TB303
iu'm sorry mate, but what is wrong with this screenshot?

Cheers,
Me.
The HUGE friggen bump in the road!

BTW - no issues here
Tr1cK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-05, 12:06 PM   #143
agentkay

I beat the game! That final chase was a pain in the ass and I had to do it twice!! The first time it CTD at the bridge just before the last sequence started. I was pissed! I did the chase again and then it worked! Very nice game.
agentkay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-05, 12:43 AM   #144
Scunner
Veni, Vidi, Calcitro Anus

So so so so so so goooood. Sure, there's better racing sims out there, but last time I check, the NFS series weren't about realistic physics; they're about fun.

And damn, this is fun! The "painterly" actors set in the 3D environment is a huge improvement over NFSU2. The environments are gorgeous. And by "environments", I mean Mia.

I've only just started playing, but I had a great time evading the cops and generally causing mayhem. At one point I even launched the car in the air, landed on a log-carrying truck, fell off of the truck, landed sideways on a police cruiser, and got 250 bounty! How cool is that?
Scunner is offline   Reply With Quote