Newegg Daily Deals

Old 12-16-05, 03:14 AM   #193
Superfly
Retired

Default Re: ***Official NFS: Most Wanted Feedback Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeero1978
..i discovered this when i was in blacklist #2 already...lol
exactly how do I go back and do previous races?? - im having a blonde moment!!!

All my Race flags disapear after I complete them? - I must be missing something quiet obvious here.

thanks Guys.
Old 12-16-05, 05:11 AM   #194
agentkay

You know when you are in the blacklist main menu, the one where you can see the photo of the guys, just press the up or down arrows to switch between the characters you defeated and remember, the higher the blacklist number, the more money you get for each race you win.
agentkay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-05, 05:15 AM   #195
Superfly
Retired

thanks man - I need some cash to sort out my 2 cars before I make an assault on the top 10!!!

How far up the ladder do think I could get in either my MX8 or Evo?? - both are shaping up well in current races (BL#10)

Oh and other than the increased down force from using a rear fin are any of the other body shop parts actually useful to your performance - I ask as it seems a waste of money unless they actually make you go faster.

ta.
Old 12-16-05, 06:30 PM   #196
SH64
MAXIMUM TECH

My ride

- "My name is RAM and my tank is full"

http://warhawk64nv.mybrute.com/ <-- pupils go thaarrr! Or,
http://silenthunter64.mybrute.com
SH64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-05, 07:02 PM   #197
Greg

I'm hoping as XBox 360 reverse engineering picks up, we may one day see the high res 360 textures on the PC.
Greg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-05, 07:10 PM   #198
SH64
MAXIMUM TECH

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeero1978
wow... that a pretty long ride
Yeah .. helps you to reach the finish line first

Old 12-17-05, 06:56 PM   #199
Capt. Picard

Should I go for the pink slip when I have the two markers or should I immediately go for the unique perform. upgrade? Will I be able to get an unique part elsewhere in the game?

This is really a kick-ass game. Although the colour scheme is a little bit ... brown.
Old 12-17-05, 07:19 PM   #200
agentkay

I always go for the "hidden" markers, because the "unique" markers, at least the performance ones, are not any better than the Ultimate performce upgrades that you can buy. Iīm not sure how unique the "visual" upgrades are, but if you are mainly interested in them, then its the way to go. I think all unique stuff should get unlocked after the game is finished.

Turn the visual treatment setting OFF, and it will be less brown, and addionally you can mess around with the color correction in the Nvidia CP.
agentkay is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-19-05, 02:23 PM   #201
Capt. Picard

I donít, for the love of life and all that is good about this earth, know how in heavens name how you people have managed to finish NFS Most Wanted. For I find the raking up bounty and milestones stages impossible to do. I am now at the part where I must qualify to race that black DJ dude for his Viper. Iíve managed to scrape together enough bounty but canít complete one of these milestones to race the guy: 28 police units in pursuit; 320 000 in bounty; or 150 000 in cost to state. Iíve got a Corvette C6 upgraded to the max of what is already unlocked and a Galardo also maxed. I havenít unlocked the Murcialago or the rest, not that it would make any difference IMO.

First question: How the F*** did you get by this stage?
Second question: How did you get by the next stages if it only gets worse? Is it because I play with a keyboard?

I am by nature a quiet and peace-loving guy. I am not easily upset by computer games. But this thing has had me absolutely livid with rage. Hopping mad (literally) is actually closer to the truth. I think I were foaming at the mouth at one stage and have never cursed so much in my life. It has come to a point that I hate playing the game and prefer to rather play something gentler like Sims 2.

And donít tell me to calm down. Tried it. Doesnít work.
Old 12-19-05, 02:34 PM   #202
SH64
MAXIMUM TECH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Jean-Luc Picard
Second question: How did you get by the next stages if it only gets worse? Is it because I play with a keyboard?
I finished the whole career mode with a keyboard only .. it wasent that hard TBH.
my friend OTOH couldnt finish it even with a gamepad .. so it depends.

Old 12-19-05, 02:43 PM   #203
mrrolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Jean-Luc Picard
I just finished up the game last night. I played the entire thing with a keyboard. Around rank #3 I was getting really frustrated with the bounties and the checkpoints. Then I found a good pattern the for chases. I'd go around the big campus circle over and over. When I wanted to end the chase, just make turn off to the really windy road that leads to the stadium. Make sure you hit the chasebreaker or whatever it's called when you go into the stadium, and just stay in there until the cooldown is over. Works like a charm. Oh yeah.. and I wasn't using the speedbreaker ( the button that slows down time ) when I was frustrated. Use it when you bust through road blocks to make sure you hit the right place, the stop sign or the back of 2 cars, and it'll make it much easier. There were plenty of times where I'd have to stop and wait for the cops to catch up when going around the campus circle, even at heat level 5.
mrrolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-05, 03:18 PM   #204
Tygerwoody
mega ultra God Tit Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrrolf
I just finished up the game last night. I played the entire thing with a keyboard. Around rank #3 I was getting really frustrated with the bounties and the checkpoints. Then I found a good pattern the for chases. I'd go around the big campus circle over and over. When I wanted to end the chase, just make turn off to the really windy road that leads to the stadium. Make sure you hit the chasebreaker or whatever it's called when you go into the stadium, and just stay in there until the cooldown is over. Works like a charm. Oh yeah.. and I wasn't using the speedbreaker ( the button that slows down time ) when I was frustrated. Use it when you bust through road blocks to make sure you hit the right place, the stop sign or the back of 2 cars, and it'll make it much easier. There were plenty of times where I'd have to stop and wait for the cops to catch up when going around the campus circle, even at heat level 5.
wtf.. so thats what speedbreaker does? I have never even tried it. Is it that useful?
Tygerwoody is offline   Reply With Quote