Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 12-19-05, 04:28 PM   #205
mrrolf

Default Re: ***Official NFS: Most Wanted Feedback Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tygerwoody
wtf.. so thats what speedbreaker does? I have never even tried it. Is it that useful?
I thought it made everything really easy. Even in a race, if there is a tight turn or something, just go into speedbreaker mode and you can nail the turn. I didn't know about it until the last 3 guys.
mrrolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-05, 04:31 PM   #206
Tygerwoody
mega ultra God Tit Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrrolf
I thought it made everything really easy. Even in a race, if there is a tight turn or something, just go into speedbreaker mode and you can nail the turn. I didn't know about it until the last 3 guys.
Jeez no wonder this game is so hard for me. Thanks!
Tygerwoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-05, 07:46 PM   #207
Capt. Picard

Finished it. Finally. I swear that last pursuit is the most difficult thing I've ever had to do in a racing game. And the M3's handling is s***.
Old 12-25-05, 08:38 PM   #208
SH64
MAXIMUM TECH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Jean-Luc Picard
Finished it. Finally. I swear that last pursuit is the most difficult thing I've ever had to do in a racing game. And the M3's handling is s***.
Actually i find the M3's handling to be the best among all other cars.

- "My name is RAM and my tank is full"

http://warhawk64nv.mybrute.com/ <-- pupils go thaarrr! Or,
http://silenthunter64.mybrute.com
SH64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-05, 01:52 AM   #209
duckynv

what a great game!
im addicted to the rex atm

duckynv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-05, 12:32 PM   #210
muaddib

How can I encounter Sgt. Cross and his Corvette driving police squad?
THX!
muaddib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-05, 02:06 PM   #211
SH0DAN
SGIRealityEngine

Send a message via ICQ to SH0DAN

I dont like racing games,but my GF/soon to be wife loves em bigtime,what for under 75$ usd can one or more of you reccomend to me as far as getting her a wheel to play.Right now she is using the kb and mouse and cursing me out regulary.I bought the game for her,but cound not afford to get her a wheel at the time,I now have some cash,but need advice....TIA
When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves, in the course of time, a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it. -Fred Bastiat-

The last official act of a corrupt government is to loot the nation.

When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators.
P. J. O'Rourke

------------------
Q6600 g0 @3.20Ghz 1.30 VOLTS||Tr ULTIMA 90I + ||2X1Gb Crucial Ballistix Tracer PC6400 4-3-3-7@ 400 x 8
BFG 260gtx MAXCORE55 @ 690/1420/2377 ||Asus P5K-Deluxe WiFi AP||Corsair HX520||Nec 2470WNX-BK + LG 1751S|
Lian Li PC-65B + II||Western Digital 150GB RaptorX|| Samsung 750Gb HD x3|| WD 2500KS ||Samsung 183s||SB Audigy 2 ZS||Audio Technica ESW9's +red RSA Predator|G11+MX518
SH0DAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-05, 06:26 PM   #212
Capt. Picard

I have finished the black edition challenge and am supposed to have unlocked the Camaro. I have also unlocked the Castrol Ford with a cheat. But nowhere in the game do I see the cars. When I unlocked the Castrol the game told me that it is under my Ďbonus carsí. Where is that?!

And also itís a pity that I canít upgrade the M3 GTRís handling.

Old 12-29-05, 06:30 PM   #213
agentkay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Jean-Luc Picard
I have finished the black edition challenge and am supposed to have unlocked the Camaro. I have also unlocked the Castrol Ford with a cheat. But nowhere in the game do I see the cars. When I unlocked the Castrol the game told me that it is under my Ďbonus carsí. Where is that?!

And also itís a pity that I canít upgrade the M3 GTRís handling.
When you select "custom race", you can switch at one point between the different car groups (career cars, custom cars, bonus cars etc.). AFAIK, this menu wonīt appear unless you picked the type of race you want and another menu further. So its a deeper in the menu structure and probably why you didnīt see it.

Intel I7-920 aircooled by Prolimatech Megahalems @ 3.8Ghz (200x19) | Gigabyte GA-X58-UD3R | OCZ Platinum 3x2GB DDR3-1600 RAM (7-7-7-24) @ 1600 | Gainward GTX 480 | WD Raptor 74GB + 150GB + Samsung 1TB | Soundblaster X-Fi Platinum | Corsair AX850 Gold | Coolermaster Stacker 830 silver | Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 | Logitech G15 keyboard | Logitech G25 Racing Wheel | Sharp LC-46 XL1E (gaming and work)
F CliffyB.

Last edited by agentkay; 12-29-05 at 08:22 PM.
agentkay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-05, 07:05 PM   #214
duckynv

yeah like agentkay said just go into a quickrace and when u in car selection just press up it will scroll though the bonus,career,stock and your cars menus

i just did this lmao
Old 01-04-06, 06:48 AM   #215
guybo

Thumbs down Re: ***Official NFS: Most Wanted Feedback Thread***

I played NFSMW and loved it until I got to the middle of the Blacklist pack and started the challenges. Then the real flaws of this game start to come out as the CPU cheats to beat you. The AI isn't really AI- it's a series of cheap tricks.

This game is a heaping, steaming pile of ****.

The rubberbanding AI is rediculous. No lead is safe and you are never out of a race. This is my #1 problem with any racing game and this shouold NEVER EVER be a part of any game. The racing is ruined by this.

The police AI ruins the chases. I have never seen such rediculous horse**** in my life. Cops will literally appear out of nowhere in front of you. 10 car roadblocks magically disappear from your mini-map. Cops literally disappear from in front of you. You can have wide open space in front of you and no cop touching you, but if the game thinks that you are cornered, you spin your tires as you try to escape and get busted. Wide open road in front of me and the "Busted" comes up.

Oh and bugginess? This game crashed on me almost every time I fired it up. I also had the problem of the Blacklist racers showing up as defeated when they weren't. There are no dificulty levels either- the FIRST nfs game to not have a dificulty level. What gives with that? Is it really all that hard to admit that diff people have diff skill levels?

You don't play this game- the game plays you and that's as bad as it gets.

EA- shame on you for ruining what should have been the greatest driving game to date. Shame on you for releasing this unstable bit of malware. Shame on you for using cheap tricks to artifically "enhance" the AI.

This should have been the best driving game of all time. EA managed to ruin it.
guybo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-06, 07:30 PM   #216
Capt. Picard

Quote:
Originally Posted by guybo
I played NFSMW and loved it until I got to the middle of the Blacklist pack and started the challenges. Then the real flaws of this game start to come out as the CPU cheats to beat you. The AI isn't really AI- it's a series of cheap tricks.

This game is a heaping, steaming pile of ****.

The rubberbanding AI is rediculous. No lead is safe and you are never out of a race. This is my #1 problem with any racing game and this shouold NEVER EVER be a part of any game. The racing is ruined by this.

The police AI ruins the chases. I have never seen such rediculous horse**** in my life. Cops will literally appear out of nowhere in front of you. 10 car roadblocks magically disappear from your mini-map. Cops literally disappear from in front of you. You can have wide open space in front of you and no cop touching you, but if the game thinks that you are cornered, you spin your tires as you try to escape and get busted. Wide open road in front of me and the "Busted" comes up.

Oh and bugginess? This game crashed on me almost every time I fired it up. I also had the problem of the Blacklist racers showing up as defeated when they weren't. There are no dificulty levels either- the FIRST nfs game to not have a dificulty level. What gives with that? Is it really all that hard to admit that diff people have diff skill levels?

You don't play this game- the game plays you and that's as bad as it gets.

EA- shame on you for ruining what should have been the greatest driving game to date. Shame on you for releasing this unstable bit of malware. Shame on you for using cheap tricks to artifically "enhance" the AI.

This should have been the best driving game of all time. EA managed to ruin it.
Dude, here is a nice cheat for you. It's got a turbo boost function that will propel your car to 1100 mph from standstill and also no-busted button etc.
I got it from gamecopyworld. Look for the nfsmwtrnplus12 file.