Newegg Daily Deals

Old 01-05-06, 07:05 PM   #217
supra
2JZ powered

Send a message via MSN to supra
Default Re: ***Official NFS: Most Wanted Feedback Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Jean-Luc Picard
Dude, here is a nice cheat for you. It's got a turbo boost function that will propel your car to 1100 mph from standstill and also no-busted button etc.
I got it from gamecopyworld. Look for the nfsmwtrnplus12 file.
Besides the no-busted hack. I dont think turbo boost will do anything because of catchup. No matter hwo far ahead you are. On the last lap they will be right behind you.
Old 01-05-06, 07:49 PM   #218
nrs421

i found the races easy...the part i had trouble was with the cops...that was a real pain espiecially when you were at lvl 5 and had to loose them.....the video after the last chase scene was disappointing though
nrs421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-06, 07:54 PM   #219
Capt. Picard

Quote:
Originally Posted by supra
Besides the no-busted hack. I dont think turbo boost will do anything because of catchup. No matter hwo far ahead you are. On the last lap they will be right behind you.
You can get a pretty big gap between you and the opponent and also if you f*** up then the boost will get you pretty quick to where you were and will also definitely help you to overtake.

It helps a lot.
Old 01-05-06, 08:18 PM   #220
MUYA

Send a message via MSN to MUYA

Quote:
Originally Posted by guybo
I played NFSMW and loved it until I got to the middle of the Blacklist pack and started the challenges. Then the real flaws of this game start to come out as the CPU cheats to beat you. The AI isn't really AI- it's a series of cheap tricks.

This game is a heaping, steaming pile of ****.

The rubberbanding AI is rediculous. No lead is safe and you are never out of a race. This is my #1 problem with any racing game and this shouold NEVER EVER be a part of any game. The racing is ruined by this.

The police AI ruins the chases. I have never seen such rediculous horse**** in my life. Cops will literally appear out of nowhere in front of you. 10 car roadblocks magically disappear from your mini-map. Cops literally disappear from in front of you. You can have wide open space in front of you and no cop touching you, but if the game thinks that you are cornered, you spin your tires as you try to escape and get busted. Wide open road in front of me and the "Busted" comes up.

Oh and bugginess? This game crashed on me almost every time I fired it up. I also had the problem of the Blacklist racers showing up as defeated when they weren't. There are no dificulty levels either- the FIRST nfs game to not have a dificulty level. What gives with that? Is it really all that hard to admit that diff people have diff skill levels?

You don't play this game- the game plays you and that's as bad as it gets.

EA- shame on you for ruining what should have been the greatest driving game to date. Shame on you for releasing this unstable bit of malware. Shame on you for using cheap tricks to artifically "enhance" the AI.

This should have been the best driving game of all time. EA managed to ruin it.
Actually from my experience, there are certain places where you can forceyour opponents to "crash into" and they won't ever recover to even be half a mile distance behind you on the last lap

But, my biggest gripe is the cops appearing from no where, i think I was trying to evade the cops for 20 mins before doing so!!!
Corsair K90 - Corsair Venegance 2000 Headset - Razer Naga Epic
Corsair 600T Case
MUYA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-06, 09:26 PM   #221
Shamrock
Royalty gone awry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Jean-Luc Picard
Dude, here is a nice cheat for you. It's got a turbo boost function that will propel your car to 1100 mph from standstill and also no-busted button etc.
I got it from gamecopyworld. Look for the nfsmwtrnplus12 file.
that is guybo's point, you shouldnt HAVE to get another program to cheat in it! Ever since they enables "catch up" on NFSU1 (in a patch) they messed everything up. If you have a 2600 ft lead, you earned it, you should KEEP that lead. Not have an opponent come upon you at 400MPH.

Guybo has ALOT of good points.

On a side note: If you didnt know, Josie Maran was the red headed vampire in Van Helsing. Yes, she does get nude in it, hehe.

AMD Phenom II 955BE
16GB G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1333Mhz
Sapphire Radeon HD 7850
Logitech Z-5300 5.1 THX surround sound
HANNS-G 28" LCD
ZBoard Merc Gaming Keyboard
CoolerMaster HAF-932 Full Tower Case
Windows 7 Pro x64
Shamrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-06, 10:11 PM   #222
supra
2JZ powered

I think they really should have put in a difficulty option in the game.

easy, medium, hard

easy (no catch up)
medium (catch up but not bs catch up)
hard (current game play)
Old 01-05-06, 11:02 PM   #223
mrrolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by supra
I think they really should have put in a difficulty option in the game.
You know what would kick ass. If the difficultly was set from the results of your first race. There were a couple of races in the beginning where you couldn't lose, you just had to steer the car down the street to a certain point and your done. What if the game was smart and took how you performed on that race and based the difficultly on that. So if you completed the first race in :45 seconds, you are set to hard, but if you complete it in 1:05 you're easy. If the had something like that, they could do a non-discrete level of difficultly... interesting.
mrrolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-06, 12:03 AM   #224
supra
2JZ powered

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrrolf
You know what would kick ass. If the difficultly was set from the results of your first race. There were a couple of races in the beginning where you couldn't lose, you just had to steer the car down the street to a certain point and your done. What if the game was smart and took how you performed on that race and based the difficultly on that. So if you completed the first race in :45 seconds, you are set to hard, but if you complete it in 1:05 you're easy. If the had something like that, they could do a non-discrete level of difficultly... interesting.
that would kick ass indeed!

Old 01-06-06, 12:27 PM   #225
Capt. Picard

Quote:
Josie Maran was the red headed vampire in Van Helsing. Yes, she does get nude in it, hehe.
F****** A. But I still think she should've been wearing something else other than that red boob-tube in the intro scene. Her breasts isn't that impressive.
It shows some real sag.

A push-up bra wouldn't hurt.
Old 01-08-06, 02:38 PM   #226
Capt. Picard

The Fastest yellow cab in the world.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Fastest Taxi.JPG
Views:	121
Size:	148.4 KB
ID:	15494  
Old 01-09-06, 01:39 AM   #227
guybo

I was having little trouble inthe career mode and for the challenges I had a +11 trainer. I played until I realized that the game sucks. I didn't race, I spent my time trying to figure out what the ****ed up AI would pull next and guess where/when cops would magically show up.

Roadblock ahead? What do we all do avoid it (assuming we don't just smash thru it)? That's right, turn back with a 180, go a few hundred feet, do another 180- and voila! The roadblock and it's cops have vanished like magic! But wait! As soon as you shake your tail, another cop poofs in around the next corner! Just like with the rubberbanding AI, you are not rewarded when you shake the cops. You are punished with more cops and their magical spawning.

And this is the first NFS game I have played without a difficulty setting. Another STFA port from EA. Need for Speed Most Wanted is a ****ty game.
guybo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-06, 03:23 AM   #228
mrrolf

Wow guybo, you've really having a hard time with the game. Everyone that I know who has played it enjoyed the game.

The AI does kinda suck, but it's a racing game, not a racing simulator. Having the AI cars chasing you down all the time makes it not boring. Yeah it sucks when you crash and they VERY quickly catch up. It's nothing to worry about because you can catch up to them just as quick.

You are supposed to go through the roadblocks, not avoid. Avoiding them is like playing SSX without hitting the jumps. After going through a few of them, they are all the same, easy. All you have to do is hit the rear part of a car and it barely throws you off course. If one catches you by surprise then go into speedbreaker ( slows down time ) and hit the roadblock just right.

Would you rather just have one cop chase you the entire time? Or would you like cops to only spawn behind you, where you can't see?

It sounds like the game is too difficult for you, so you're saying everything about it sucks.
mrrolf is offline   Reply With Quote