Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Console World

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 02-01-07, 04:34 PM   #49
2ndBattalionJub

Default Re: XBox 360 games comparison on SDTV vs HDTV

Seriously, everything about this thread is wrong...
-The chosen example is one that is constantly chosen for this sort of thing because of the unusually drastic effects from HDTV to SDTV. Actually, I don't think that the HDTV version of this game has very good graphics to begin with... Image transfer reduced quality as well. Unlike most people who try to make it seem so horrible, I've actually played the 360 on both SDTV and HDTV many times, not just dug up pictures on the internet... When I tried out Oblivion on SDTV after playing it on an HDTV, the only difference i could tell was that the HDR effects weren't quite as great on SDTV, but that's really it. The graphics themselves are still there, vibrant and shiny as ever, and MUCH better than anything you'll find on current gen systems anyway (XBOX, PS2, GC). People who try to compare it to an old PS2 title don't have any idea...
2ndBattalionJub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-07, 04:45 PM   #50
Tygerwoody
mega ultra God Tit Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndBattalionJub
-The chosen example is one that is constantly chosen for this sort of thing because of the unusually drastic effects from HDTV to SDTV. Actually, I don't think that the HDTV version of this game has very good graphics to begin with... Image transfer reduced quality as well. Unlike most people who try to make it seem so horrible, I've actually played the 360 on both SDTV and HDTV many times, not just dug up pictures on the internet... When I tried out Oblivion on SDTV after playing it on an HDTV, the only difference i could tell was that the HDR effects weren't quite as great on SDTV, but that's really it. The graphics themselves are still there, vibrant and shiny as ever, and MUCH better than anything you'll find on current gen systems anyway (XBOX, PS2, GC). People who try to compare it to an old PS2 title don't have any idea...
what an idiot....

Lets all point and laugh at him.

Tygerwoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-07, 05:11 PM   #51
nemecb

<--points and laughs.
nemecb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-07, 06:03 PM   #52
GamerGuyX

Quote:

In denial I see.

[url="http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_list.php?s=&t=35216"]Folding for Team# 35216 : NvNews + OSNN + SP[/URL]
GamerGuyX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-07, 06:10 PM   #53
2ndBattalionJub

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamerGuyX

In denial I see.
I won't deny that HDTV is far better, I just won't say that SDTV is nessecarily bad
Old 02-01-07, 06:14 PM   #54
saturnotaku
Apple user. Deal with it.

You are aware that this thread is from 2005, right?
saturnotaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-07, 06:28 PM   #55
2ndBattalionJub

Quote:
Originally Posted by saturnotaku
You are aware that this thread is from 2005, right?
Yes, but it seems to have moved on
Old 02-01-07, 06:41 PM   #56
OWA

Hate when that happens...although I've done that myself a few times.
OWA is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-02-07, 09:17 PM   #57
GamerGuyX

Quote:
I won't deny that HDTV is far better, I just won't say that SDTV is nessecarily bad
That sounds like something that a poor man would say...

[url="http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_list.php?s=&t=35216"]Folding for Team# 35216 : NvNews + OSNN + SP[/URL]
GamerGuyX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-07, 09:27 PM   #58
SeriTonin
*BANNED*

I've seen Oblivion on a sdtv at a friends house, I've played it on my pc with my 7900gtx, i've played it for 360 on my crt @ 1280x1024 same res as I did with pc...truuuuust me, the sdtv version can look good for tv standards, yes, I noticed fight night round 3 looks impressive too...my friend swore hdtv's and monitors would make no difference. Refused to check out my versions for months......then he bought Condemned and screamed about how it was too dark, he couldn't see anything, and he doesn't know why the "idiots made the game this dark" "You ought to play Doom 3", I replied.. j/k. I told him bring the game over and it will look fine on my monitor....needless to say, he left my place and went right out and bought a vga adapter and I still give him sh*t to this day

You obviously have a monitor, you have a 360, what's $30 more dollars for a vga adapter so you can view games in there intended graphical glory.
SeriTonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-07, 11:02 PM   #59
Peoples-Agent
Vape Therapist

Good to see everyone stating HDTV made no difference be drastically proven wrong now. heh
Flesh of her flesh they were, spirit of her spirit,
Fallen in the cause of the free.
Peoples-Agent is offline   Reply With Quote