Go Back   nV News Forums > Graphics Card Forums > NVIDIA GeForce 7, 8, And 9 Series

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 01-10-03, 03:37 AM   #25
Kruno
TypeDef's assistant

Send a message via ICQ to Kruno Send a message via AIM to Kruno

Before I think.

It was a massive thread. Don't know if you guys can remember. It was when I had my Geforce 3. Half way last year I posted the pics.
Old 01-10-03, 07:48 AM   #26
lagadu

4x+9-tap == BlurryVision™
argh, how can such a mode even be considered???
Old 01-10-03, 10:02 AM   #27
Kruno
TypeDef's assistant

Send a message via ICQ to Kruno Send a message via AIM to Kruno

Well to me it looks awesome.
Old 01-12-03, 08:07 AM   #28
spectre

Quote:
Originally posted by EciDemon
Spectre> If I now use Ray Adams Bios editor to do a low level OC (thinking of doing that actually) it creates a bios file, then Im just suposed to flash with that bios file ?
I'm sorry I'm answering your post that late, but I was busy for couple days.

Well , if you consider doing low-level o/c via Ray Adams Bios editor you have to do the folllowing:

First, download latest NVIDIA BIOS EDITOR from Ray Adams' site along with latest nvflash 4.28
http://www.x-bios.3dgames.ru/

Open bios editor and in the first button OPEN select read from memory. Then the editor will read your bios from your GF card. You'll have 3 menus for changing bios' settings, for ex. you can disable sign-on message, or change this message with your name( sic!), then in the 2nd menu, you can overclock your card, give in each key the same value for gpu and memory, you can also disable fast writes or sideband addressing. 3rd menu not of any importance, it just changes fonts.

When, you've finished with bios settings, press SAVE button and give your custom bios a name, for ex. bios1.rom.

Now, format a diskette and also make it bootable. In explorer, go to A:\ right click, make boot-up disk and format (if you have Win9x this can be done in control panel\ add/remove programs \start-up disk.

Unzip nvflash 4.28 to A:\ (extract all files) and also paste bios1.rom file to it.

Restart and boot from A:\
In DOS console write: nvflash.exe/fbios1.rom , then press y for confirming wait 10 secs and voila! your GF has been flashed with your custom made bios.

nvflash.exe gives nvflash main menu with parametres. In our case we use the -f parameter and besides name of the bios file.

A:\nvflash.exe/f[name of bios file] ENTER

Restart computer , go to detonator's menu and if you have coolbits you'll see your clocks o/ced by defaults.

tip: Don't make higher low-level o/c via bios editor than you have done in driver-level cause maybe your system won't boot. Being conservative as you'd do a driver-level, don't forget this o/c is permanent, 24hours per day, and also memory timings aren't changed, so be careful.

For further info make a post and I'll answer you. Good luck!
Old 01-12-03, 10:21 AM   #29
EciDemon

Send a message via ICQ to EciDemon

Thanx spectre for the detailed info about this. Ive had my GF3 clocked at 230/530 and its very very rare that I see artifacts with this setting. But to be sure Ill flash with 220/520.

I think im gonna do this later tonight.

I hope it will work, I did flash my old Gf2MX one time with nvidia reference bios (red it somewere that it should work) but it didnt turn out very good, got artifacts all over the screen, on next boot the screen was completly blank and the Gfx card was only a week old. Now ... How would I explain that to my girlfriend that I just broke the new gfx card I bought hehe.

So I put in my old riva tnt and downloaded the real bios and made a new boot disk with everything set in autoexec.bat so it would auto flash. And it worked

If I could only find the bios for this card I have now then I could do such a rescue disk just in case, problem is that this is a used card I boght from a guy. So I dont have no box or manual. and It only says Ibm at the sticker on the back.

Well no risks no gain
EciDemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-03, 09:42 AM   #30
spectre

Quote:
Originally posted by EciDemon
Thanx spectre for the detailed info about this. Ive had my GF3 clocked at 230/530 and its very very rare that I see artifacts with this setting. But to be sure Ill flash with 220/520.

I think im gonna do this later tonight.

I hope it will work, I did flash my old Gf2MX one time with nvidia reference bios (red it somewere that it should work) but it didnt turn out very good, got artifacts all over the screen, on next boot the screen was completly blank and the Gfx card was only a week old. Now ... How would I explain that to my girlfriend that I just broke the new gfx card I bought hehe.

So I put in my old riva tnt and downloaded the real bios and made a new boot disk with everything set in autoexec.bat so it would auto flash. And it worked

If I could only find the bios for this card I have now then I could do such a rescue disk just in case, problem is that this is a used card I boght from a guy. So I dont have no box or manual. and It only says Ibm at the sticker on the back.

Well no risks no gain
If your GF3 o/ced @230/530 shows no problems, then flash its bios at same clocks. I don't think you'll face artifacting.

In case something goes wrong, a PCI video card could be in handy You know how to do it.

Lots of bioses exist in the previous address I gave to you hyper-linked.
Old 01-13-03, 02:28 PM   #31
DoomzDayz

Send a message via ICQ to DoomzDayz Send a message via AIM to DoomzDayz Send a message via Yahoo to DoomzDayz

uh with drivers 42.01, is there another fsaa mode? Mode 6, mode 7, AND mode 8 all look different. On previous drivers IIRC mode 8 just reset back to no fsaa. Mode 8 looks like the previous Mode 7. Whats going on? I'm using the D3DTubes DX7 demo , 640x480, fullscreen, and those 3 modes look distinctly different(when i look up close that is). mode 5 would be 4xS. RivaTuner says Mode 6 is 6xS, mode 8 is 8xS, but says invalid for mode 7 (when i go to the main tab from power user, but looks diff from mode 6 and mode 8). So what exactly are these 3 distinct new modes?

I tested out mode 8 in some low resolutions like 640x480 and in AmericasArmy in the first training mission, look at the power lines. Its some kind of weird scattered every other pixel is drawn in like a grid. Kinda reminds me of 16 bit with smoke, the smoke screen effect. I guess it looks good for that resolution. If u guys want i can take a ss and upload it.. somewhere.

Last edited by DoomzDayz; 01-13-03 at 03:16 PM.
DoomzDayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-03, 05:00 PM   #32
StealthHawk

mode 8 used to be like 2x according to old tests(the first drivers that had these new modes).

Old 01-13-03, 05:25 PM   #33
Lezmaka

Quote:
Originally posted by DoomzDayz
I'm using the D3DTubes DX7 demo ,
Where can I get that demo?
Lezmaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-03, 11:32 PM   #34
DoomzDayz

Send a message via ICQ to DoomzDayz Send a message via AIM to DoomzDayz Send a message via Yahoo to DoomzDayz

not sure where i originally got it, but i did a search on google and lead to http://www.pvrdev.com/eg/index.htm
DoomzDayz is offline   Reply With Quote