Go Back   nV News Forums > Graphics Card Forums > NVIDIA Windows Graphics Drivers

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 01-03-06, 06:27 PM   #121
Gentle

Default Re: Official DXTweaker discussion thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLOODUK
http://www.totalbf2.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48694

Check this out, WHAT A BUNCH OF IDIOTS
omg it might contain a backdoor , omg its suspicious
im not touching that waaaaa mum help!
I like the post over there from the user that claims triple buffering wears your video card out faster.

Hah.

Gentle
Gentle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-06, 06:55 PM   #122
Peoples-Agent
Vape Therapist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentle
I like the post over there from the user that claims triple buffering wears your video card out faster.

Hah.

Gentle
Probably a Rage forum regular ...again.
Flesh of her flesh they were, spirit of her spirit,
Fallen in the cause of the free.
Peoples-Agent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-06, 03:44 AM   #123
BLOODUK

Quote:

Hah.

Gentle

http://www.totalbf2.com/forums/showt...=48694&page=11

This one is even better

* I have 81.85 driver and coolbits 2.0 and i can see and turn on that tripple buffer thing so whats the deal??????? Am I supposed to read that other forum too to get a simple anwer to my very simpe question , so you say that the only difference is that your tweaker works and the manually edited version not *

First he said nvidia drivers have tb for direct3d, then i showed him otherwise
then he tried to say coolbits 2.0 has triple buffering for direct3d, then i showed him otherwise now he says that the only difference between the tweaker is it works and the manually edited version doesnt.

MY GOD is this guy stupid or what haha
Old 01-04-06, 06:36 AM   #124
dmumu

...hmmm ... all I read here is that "it works!", but I asked two times allready for some help and nobody nothing ...am I a ghost? what kind of forum is this if all I can see (in a top-rated thread !) is a bunch of disorganised posts about how stupid is Joe or how wrong is Doe!? does it have any relevance for people having problem with dxtweaker? in fact ...is this the dxtweaker thread for sure? ....
Thank you.
dmumu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-06, 12:20 PM   #125
Guz

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmumu
...hmmm ... all I read here is that "it works!", but I asked two times allready for some help and nobody nothing ...am I a ghost? what kind of forum is this if all I can see (in a top-rated thread !) is a bunch of disorganised posts about how stupid is Joe or how wrong is Doe!? does it have any relevance for people having problem with dxtweaker? in fact ...is this the dxtweaker thread for sure? ....
Thank you.
It's probably because no one here uses win2k to begin with. You'd be better off by asking demirug or the dxtweaker authors at nonatainment.de forums.
280gtx sli
Samsung 2233rz with 3dvision
X-Fi Titanium pci-e
Vertex raid0 ssds
Enermax 1000w DXX
Guz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-06, 07:09 PM   #126
BLOODUK

Agreeing with Guz , your NOT a ghost dmumu i just dont have the answer
Old 01-04-06, 09:00 PM   #127
Peoples-Agent
Vape Therapist

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmumu
Thank you.
At it's current stage of development I would have to assume it isn't geared up for W2K whatsoever. It's a freebie afterall , it isn't intended as a product to satisfy a certain market ....it doesn't have to. If your not happy with your response, lose W2K , or just stop using a "free" piece of software that took a great deal of time to produce, then your problems go away. It really is that simple.

If the developer cannot help you, then who possibly can?
Just be patient man, might not be a complete loss yet.
Flesh of her flesh they were, spirit of her spirit,
Fallen in the cause of the free.
Peoples-Agent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-06, 01:25 AM   #128
dmumu

Thanks Peoples-Agent and BLOODUK, at least you had a decent answer ..I got your point and I'm not blaming anyone... the developer(s) do their best on this piece of free software ...all that I hoped was that somebody have a solution to this error... at least I think this thread should be aimed on helping eachother. Thanks.

(what's with w2k? it's not dead! and dxtweaker it's based on .net, not XP, so it should work, right!? )

Old 01-05-06, 11:53 AM   #129
Gentle

I might be wrong but I think there are some differences in the registry from Windows 2000 to Windows XP.

Perhaps there is a registry entry somewhere that is causing problems on Windows 2000 but not Windows XP.

I think this was the case for NVTray.

Did anyone ever answer if this can get you VAC banned if you use it on a Source engine game?

Gentle
Gentle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-06, 08:03 PM   #130
Burnt_Ram

Quote:
I might be wrong but I think there are some differences in the registry from Windows 2000 to Windows XP.

Perhaps there is a registry entry somewhere that is causing problems on Windows 2000 but not Windows XP.

I think this was the case for NVTray.

Did anyone ever answer if this can get you VAC banned if you use it on a Source engine game?

Gentle
i havent used this tool on any source games yet, but i've thought about it. never even thought about VAC, i'm so glad you brought it up !!! getting a VAC ban would be a BAD thing ....
Burnt_Ram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-06, 03:51 AM   #131
Demirug

dmumu, to make the tweaker work we need to hook in some system functions. Unfortunately this functions change with every windows version sometimes even from one service pack to an other. We use a generic system that try to analyse the system function and find the right way to add the hook. But sometimes it fail. We try to improve it and as a result of this we have released a new beta version some minutes ago. I must confess that I am not sure if it will work with your W2k version. But in the case it does not please send a email to the address in the readme.

Anyway in the case of problems please use the forum on our web page as we have not the time to check all the forums were people use our tool on a regular basis.
Demirug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-06, 04:29 AM   #132
dmumu

thank you Demirug, unfortunately I did't apply for beta so I cannot acces the beta download page (also I just play games from time to time, I don't have the time to beta-test a program so it would'nt be nice to apply just to get new beta versions and nothing more).

Last edited by dmumu; 01-06-06 at 05:35 AM.