Go Back   nV News Forums > Graphics Card Forums > NVIDIA Windows Graphics Drivers

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 04-01-06, 11:06 AM   #157
Q

Default Re: Official DXTweaker discussion thread

dmumu, I know its been discussed before, but I'm wondering if there is any work currently on creating an .exe detecting profiler? This app rocks but it seriously bites having to launch it everytime before I start a game. I know you've gotten this before, and I'm sorry if I'm just complaining more about your AWESOME piece of FREE software.

Another little request... Could you make it to where you can resize the individual parts of the application? For example, make it to where I can resize the window that shows the applications to show more than just a few at a time?

I haven't used any of the beta's so forgive me if you've already addressed this in those. Thanks again for the app.
Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-06, 05:32 PM   #158
gbutler

Quote:
Originally Posted by cube
i can confirm that this is a common problem.
Has anybody checked it with 2005.2 beta. I have found that if you use the console command in Oblivion to change player locations you'll get away with it a few times but it eventually crashes. E.g player.coc BravilMagesGuild.
Must have something to do with how the game manages memory when loading a new area. I also tested with the beta 2 version and the problem doesn't exist however I don't think triple buffering was implented correctly in that version because the framrates are alot lower.
gbutler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-06, 06:10 PM   #159
gbutler

RESULT. I found the problem!!!
Disable save on travel option in the .ini file
bSaveOnTravel=0
This gets rid of the problem.
Cool....
Now I can finally enjoy decent framerates without screen tearing.
Old 04-02-06, 06:40 AM   #160
dmumu

ask the dxtwkr owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qlitchford
dmumu, I know its been discussed before, but I'm wondering if there is any work currently on creating an .exe detecting profiler? This app rocks but it seriously bites having to launch it everytime before I start a game. I know you've gotten this before, and I'm sorry if I'm just complaining more about your AWESOME piece of FREE software.

Another little request... Could you make it to where you can resize the individual parts of the application? For example, make it to where I can resize the window that shows the applications to show more than just a few at a time?

I haven't used any of the beta's so forgive me if you've already addressed this in those. Thanks again for the app.
dmumu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-06, 12:48 PM   #161
cube

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbutler
RESULT. I found the problem!!!
Disable save on travel option in the .ini file
bSaveOnTravel=0
This gets rid of the problem.
Cool....
Now I can finally enjoy decent framerates without screen tearing.
IT WORKS!!!

nice one, thanks.
cube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-06, 05:00 PM   #162
gbutler

Quote:
Originally Posted by cube
IT WORKS!!!

nice one, thanks.
your welcome.
Old 04-04-06, 01:01 AM   #163
AdamP

Default FarCry issues

I cant get FarCRy to run with dxtweaker. It refuses to startup the game wether thru DXtweaker, or just clicking the regular farcry.exe. I get some error with the following description:

AppName: farcry.exe AppVer: 1.1.0.1230 ModName: ~df394b.tmp

Whats weird is that I can no longer run the game from its .exe, wether DXtweaker is running or not. I have to insert the game disk and usethe autoplay window to start the game now...

Im running Windows XP Pro, Forceware 81.89, GeForce 6800GT AGP card.
I have installed the .NET 1.1 redistibutable, and the JUNI patch. I am running DirectX9.0c. Do I need the .NET 1.1 SDK also?

OK, so I got FarCry to work with DXtweaker... ONCE with sweet FPS. Now the game executes from dxtweaker like everything is normal, except the frames are sucky again, so its not working.

I also tried using dxtweaker on Thief-Deadly Shadows I have tried everythign I know how and I am having the first error I had with farcry, where it errors on Game execution about some .tmp file.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Last edited by AdamP; 04-04-06 at 03:32 AM.
AdamP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-06, 12:08 AM   #164
Q

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmumu
ask the dxtwkr owner
Ha...I'm such an ass. I think I just saw you answering a lot of questions and I ASSumed that you were the developer.

The next time I answer an Nvidia question make sure to ask me to make the next video card 350902 times faster, will you?
Q is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-08-06, 02:55 AM   #165
dmumu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qlitchford
Ha...I'm such an ass. I think I just saw you answering a lot of questions and I ASSumed that you were the developer.

The next time I answer an Nvidia question make sure to ask me to make the next video card 350902 times faster, will you?
...and you also might have a point here... there are not so many answers in this thread from dxtwkr owner....too bad because it have a huge potential of becoming a great utility for nv owners (and why not, for ati ones!?) ...
dmumu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-06, 10:51 AM   #166
FatMaserati

Default configurations aren't saving

Every time I close DXTweaker (completely) and then open it again, my Project Configuratons for my games disappears and I have to set up each game every time I want to play it.

Is that what everyone else does? Or is there something I'm missing...?
FatMaserati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-06, 11:35 AM   #167
FatMaserati

Ahh I know what it was. I was typing in "Tomb Raider: Legend" as the config name, but because the config file names itself exactly as you type its name in DXTweaker, it was failing to save because it has a colon ( : ) in the name. I just changed it to a hyphen ( - ) and it saved.

A bit silly of me, but you know... Whatever... LOL
FatMaserati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-06, 04:34 PM   #168
Shogo

Default bf2 and dxtweaker

Shogo is offline   Reply With Quote