Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 01-08-03, 10:14 AM   #1
Matthius

Send a message via ICQ to Matthius Send a message via AIM to Matthius
Default Counter-strike cel shaded or bump?

okay, i know to a lot of people that cel chading counter-strike would be weird, but in a lot of ways, it would be good. i mean, it would suit the blood in cs. it just has a cartoony look to it. and bump mapping in cs would be SWEEEEET how good would it look! if anyone knows of any mods for cs to do either of these, TELL ME! and i know that cel shading is possible on the hl engine cause i've seen it in a mod before.
Old 01-08-03, 10:34 AM   #2
marqmajere
GeVooForceDoo

The only mod I can think of for CS is a lighter and some gasoline. Do the bumpmapped thing. That might look pretty nice.

Desktop - Asus M3A78-CM | AMD Phenom II 965 | 4 gigs G. Skill 1066 | ATI 5850 1 gig | WD 1TB Black
| Windows7 64-bit

Laptop - m11x
marqmajere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-03, 10:50 AM   #3
Matthius

i spose, but one other thing - HOW IN THE HELL DO YOU MAKE THE GAME HAVE MORE BLOOD!??!?!?! i've seen screenshots of where people have been shot and blood fills the whole wall behind em..........???...TELL MEE!!!!!
Old 01-08-03, 11:37 AM   #4
de><ta
prodigy

Wow people still play CS...

As for the gore bit it can be done with a console command... set_gorelevel20 etc. (i am sure that is not correct)

Whatever happened to counter-strike condition zero???

///m-powered | Intel i7 920 | EVGA x58 | 6GB DD3 1600 | EVGA GTX 285 SSC | 150GB VelociRaptor

Drag racing is for fast cars. Autocrossing is for fast drivers.
de><ta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-03, 12:49 PM   #5
-=DVS=-
.:. Lafiel .:.

Talking

Quote:
Originally posted by de><ta

As for the gore bit it can be done with a console command... set_gorelevel20 etc. (i am sure that is not correct)

Whatever happened to counter-strike condition zero???
To get more gore mod must be used like in moust games sadly

And about CS CZ , it was developed by Valve then they gave up project to Gearbox.. and now god knows whom it will probably be never released
Old 01-08-03, 12:57 PM   #6
volt

Quote:
Originally posted by Matthius
i spose, but one other thing - HOW IN THE HELL DO YOU MAKE THE GAME HAVE MORE BLOOD!??!?!?! i've seen screenshots of where people have been shot and blood fills the whole wall behind em..........???...TELL MEE!!!!!
Download the Skin-pack.
I use a Mercenary pack 2.4b (newest one sucks kind of)
There is much more blood. I suppose it changes some settings in your CS config.

Should be somewhere at:
http://www.clanfmc.com/official.php
[b]Optimization guidelines by Koji Ashida of NVIDIA:[/b][list][*]Use fx12 instructions whenever possible[*]Use lowest pixel shader version[/list][url=http://developer.nvidia.com/docs/IO/10878/ChinaJoy2004_OptimizationAndTools.pdf]source[/url]

[size=1]The politics are invading the technology. We don't really like to mess with politics because that kind of adversarial relationship has nothing to do with pure technical operations and the technical specifications of what we like to play with, the hardware![/size]
volt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-03, 01:27 PM   #7
SavagePaladin
info*****

CS CZ was passed on to Ritual
SavagePaladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-03, 05:01 PM   #8
StealthHawk

Quote:
you can do it server side via a plug-in. i don't know about client side.

Old 01-09-03, 07:47 AM   #9
g0at

Send a message via AIM to g0at

Quote:
there are many ways to change the blood level, but be aware that too much can be considered cheating.

I remember adding a blood-splotch mod to MOHAA and the result was a huge mist of blood the size of a house eminating from players for every bullet that hit them. While it did look kinda cool, I could see team-mates and enemies getting hit miles away, and even around corners, deep under trenches, sometimes even through walls, visible by a flashing red blotch in the distance.
g0at is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-03, 10:55 AM   #10
nin_fragile14
Fat Tuna

If they were to make a Counter-Strike 2 based on the Doom 3 engine, I would nearly piss myself. I still think CS is a pretty good game, but it's atmosphere is just horrible due to the ancient graphics. A new CS with the lighting of Doom 3 definitely be something I'd look forward to.
Old 01-09-03, 02:27 PM   #11
StealthHawk

Quote:
Originally posted by nin_fragile14
If they were to make a Counter-Strike 2 based on the Doom 3 engine, I would nearly piss myself. I still think CS is a pretty good game, but it's atmosphere is just horrible due to the ancient graphics. A new CS with the lighting of Doom 3 definitely be something I'd look forward to.
and to think that many people complain about low performance in CS
Old 01-10-03, 05:05 AM   #12
Matthius

Default WHA!?!??!

Quote:
What the hell....have you been living under your desk, or are you just on an isolated island??? cs has gotta be the most played game around! even though its kinda old, doesn't mean its crap. all you retards sayin that better graphics are better than better gameplay are idiots.

okay, I live in Brisbane, Queensland, Australia (CITY, STATE, COUNTRY for all those idiots out there). within 100 miles, theres gotta be at least 50 internet cafe's with roughly 40-80 computers in each one. every screen in almost ALL of them is counter-strike.

my favourite place is "the bunker". www.thebunker.com.au and they have cs competitions there, and the winner of 1st division won $5000. thats a lot a nuts. the same goes for most of the country (plays cs).

AND CAN SOMEONE GIVE ME A URL FOR A BLOOD.....THING!?!!?!

COUNTER-STRIKE: CONDITION ZERO "IS" coming out, and yes it has been delayed, but hey, what hasn't? it was announced pretty early so everyones been expecting it.

Trust me. if you go to an internet cafe and experience cs like most of the people here, you'll be addicted.