Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 01-12-03, 10:53 AM   #25
Kruno
TypeDef's assistant

Send a message via ICQ to Kruno Send a message via AIM to Kruno

Quote:
Originally posted by StealthHawk
as noted in the last paragraph of my previous post, many of the "good" servers seem to have elitist regulars and admins.

i'm pretty sure i wouldn't have been admin_slapped or disparaged by other players if i was a regular there. so just having admins there 24/7 doesn't make for a warm receptive atmosphere, which is one of the things i consider conducive for a good community. also, lots of people are accused of hacking, just because they have good aim or "sound hack." one of my friends playing in the same server as me actually accused me of using an aimbot while we were no scope scouting, because i was perfectly tracking and hitting people even as they went behind boxes(it was scoutmap and no scoping was being enforced). i find that highly offensive as ive never cheated using an exterior 3rd party program ever in CS.
I will play ya.
I have a crap aim, maybe you can help me?
Old 01-12-03, 09:00 PM   #26
StealthHawk

Quote:
Originally posted by ReDeeMeR
Well first of all to answer "why it's so popular"

Because:

A: It's FREE.
it's free if you own HL. otherwise you have to pay for CS retail.

Quote:
C: Doesnt require to have an expensive connection to play.
low pingers still have an advantage over modem users, even with lag compensation. quite frankly though, i am tired of getting hit by bullets curving around walls shot by 400 pingers.

Quote:
I have a crap aim, maybe you can help me?
heh, fly over to the US and i'll help you out
Old 01-12-03, 10:14 PM   #27
ReDeeMeR
The Guy Next Door *wink*

Send a message via ICQ to ReDeeMeR

[quote]Originally posted by StealthHawk
[b]it's free if you own HL. otherwise you have to pay for CS retail.
QUOTE]

Well who doesnt?

Quote:
Originally posted by StealthHawk
[b]low pingers still have an advantage over modem users, even with lag compensation. quite frankly though, i am tired of getting hit by bullets curving around walls shot by 400 pingers.B]
Well that's your problem Even with good conn doesnt mean you'll be lagless, the EU + US player servers suffer from the amount of hops signal has to take to reach the other end.
ReDeeMeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-03, 04:44 AM   #28
Matthius

Send a message via ICQ to Matthius Send a message via AIM to Matthius

Quote:
D: Mindless shooter, there are 0 tactics or whatsoever in there.
...........................................you gotta be kidding me. almost every kill we make, were using tactics. we'll camp for a few seconds, wait for some t's to come around and BAM! we massacre them. then as usual, ill run in, take up another position, wait for another ct to run in, then ill stay close behind him. if he gets shot and dies, bam. thats my perfect oppurtunity to pop out and make playdoh out of his head.

Quote:
are you sure of that? i haven't noticed that. i really, really doubt that it's lip synched even if the mouthes move.
no, it isn't lip synchedededededed but it looks good enough. if your playin bloodstrike and you look at their heads (bloodstrike cause your close) when they talk, their mouths move. it looks good enough.

most servers suck. but i use GA (game arena). works good enough. if you go to IC's (internet cafe's umkay?) ALL the people their don't cheat. theres no lag and it runs at a steady 100 frames a sec the whole time. no lag EVER. good fun if you can afford it cause it ends up to be a hobby almost.

[quote]Originally posted by Matthius
i mean, how many games can you think of that you can run in with ak's, colts and mp5's and have an all out war with actual people?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is that a rhetorical question, or do you honestly want an answer?

If you do want an answer, I'll slap you. [quote]

okay, i didn't think when i wrote that but all the games you CAN do that in suck so hard that it blows. ill rephrase that question.

how many GOOD games can you think of that you ca..blablabla?
Old 01-14-03, 07:08 AM   #29
StealthHawk

Quote:
Originally posted by Matthius
most servers suck. but i use GA (game arena). works good enough. if you go to IC's (internet cafe's umkay?) ALL the people their don't cheat. theres no lag and it runs at a steady 100 frames a sec the whole time. no lag EVER. good fun if you can afford it cause it ends up to be a hobby almost.
the netcafes by my house weren't so great hardware-wise. most of the people there were noobs too. oh, they kicked my ass when i started playing the game, but when i went back there with my friends that only play at netcafes and not at home i cleaned up the place.

i dunno if the netcafe has upgraded its computers, i haven't been there in 1.5 years