Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 11-10-05, 09:56 PM   #1
angshuman
Pink GBA

Default Guild Wars PvE update - Eles get the boot

PvE monsters (and henchmen) now run away from AoE spells. This "minor" modification has practically rendered Fire Storm and Meteor Storm useless, and in turn drastically reduced the effectiveness of the all-too-popular PvE Fire Nuker build.

http://www.guildwars.com/news/gameupdates.html
Rig 1: Athlon64 X2 4800+ Toledo | BFG GeForce 7800GTX 256MB | MSI Neo4 Platinum SLI | 1GB DDR400 Corsair ValueSelect | 80GB Hitachi SATA + 160GB WD IDE | Samsung DVD+/-RW | Sony DVD-ROM | Enermax 535W | Logitech Z-3 | Logitech MX1000 | Dell 1905FP

Rig 2: Athlon64 3300+ Clawhammer | eVGA GeForce 6200A | ECS 760GX-M Micro ATX | 512MB DDR333 pqi | 10GB WD IDE | Liteon DVD-ROM | Athenatech A106 Case with 200W PSU | Logitech Cordless Desktop Express | Logitech X-530
angshuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-05, 09:19 AM   #2
ST:DS9

Default Re: Guild Wars PvE update - Eles get the boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by angshuman
PvE monsters (and henchmen) now run away from AoE spells. This "minor" modification has practically rendered Fire Storm and Meteor Storm useless, and in turn drastically reduced the effectiveness of the all-too-popular PvE Fire Nuker build.

http://www.guildwars.com/news/gameupdates.html
Not really, now that fire nuker is going to have to rely on thier teamates to keep the monsters in the AoE, which there are many ways to do this. I like this change, and makes more of a challenge.
ST:DS9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-05, 09:23 AM   #3
Tygerwoody
mega ultra God Tit Lord

people still play this game?
Tygerwoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-05, 09:33 AM   #4
superklye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tygerwoody
people still play this game?
I was thinking the same thing. My collector's edition is just staring at me from my shelve, begging to be reinstalled.
superklye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-05, 10:20 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by superklye
I was thinking the same thing. My collector's edition is just staring at me from my shelve, begging to be reinstalled.

heck, my guild has 83 people and about 71 of them are active and play anywhere from 2-7 days a week. We have some weekenders who only play on the weekends. We actually have 100 in our guild, but 17 of them own 2 copies of the game. About 50 of them have been playing the game since release, and about 20 of them have been playing since the Beta weekends, which is where the Guild got formed. Funny thing is we mostly play PVE, but there are about a dozen of us who actively play PVP on the weekends.
Old 11-12-05, 12:09 AM   #6

They changed it. Now they wont run away until after they get hit a couple of times, instead of running away when the caster is casting the spell.
Old 11-12-05, 12:29 AM   #7
zoomy942

Send a message via AIM to zoomy942 Send a message via MSN to zoomy942

i stopped playing this game for a wgile but i recently picked it back up. man, i forgot how much fun ot was.

anyway, i dont like the update too much, but i have adjusted. the trick is to cast meteor storm foirst, then searing heat. they run away but not far enough away from searing heat so they still get cooked. or cast metoer storm and then metoer to make sure they cant move i just got done doing 4 hours of the UW, so fire magic does okay still. i cant beleiev how far we got in UW, we just went thorugh and started cleaing it out. amazing. i can post some pics if anyone wants.
zoomy942 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-05, 02:24 AM   #8

Well I also have noticed, that in the heat of battle the monster may not move out of the AoE. With this update the monsters are acting more like human players, because even human players move out of the AoE, unless they feel they are alright in that AoE and keep on fighting.

Old 11-12-05, 03:08 AM   #9
superklye

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoomy942
i stopped playing this game for a wgile but i recently picked it back up. man, i forgot how much fun ot was.

anyway, i dont like the update too much, but i have adjusted. the trick is to cast meteor storm foirst, then searing heat. they run away but not far enough away from searing heat so they still get cooked. or cast metoer storm and then metoer to make sure they cant move i just got done doing 4 hours of the UW, so fire magic does okay still. i cant beleiev how far we got in UW, we just went thorugh and started cleaing it out. amazing. i can post some pics if anyone wants.
Paul, I fukcing love you. Why? because, even if you aren't, you type like yu're wasted (like i awm now).

GOOD MAN!
Old 11-12-05, 08:53 AM   #10
zoomy942

Send a message via AIM to zoomy942 Send a message via MSN to zoomy942

Quote:
Originally Posted by superklye
Paul, I fukcing love you. Why? because, even if you aren't, you type like yu're wasted (like i awm now).

GOOD MAN!
haha. it was midnight, and i had been playing guild wars for a while.. so i was pretty darned tired
zoomy942 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-05, 12:24 PM   #11
superklye

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoomy942
haha. it was midnight, and i had been playing guild wars for a while.. so i was pretty darned tired
hahaha, I'm just giving you crap man, that's all. I shouldn't talk...I couldn't see straight last night when I typed that message. I'm surprised it came out so well.
Old 11-12-05, 03:49 PM   #12
Vagrant Zero
I'm a Back Door Man

Send a message via AIM to Vagrant Zero

Well My Warrior Elem just got assfraked. Should have gone Warrior Monk.
Vagrant Zero is offline   Reply With Quote