Go Back   nV News Forums > Linux Support Forums > NVIDIA Linux

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 12-07-05, 02:04 PM   #13
Telomerase

Default Re: Forcing 60hz with twinview.

i checked the OSD via the monitor and it syncs to Vblank 60Hz as well... but this doesn't happen in windows.

http://hannah.karatebob.com/~pvp/nvidia-bug-report.log

checking the connectedmonitor option now...

Telomerase is an enzyme that adds telomere repeat sequences to the 3' end of DNA strands. By lengthening this strand DNA polymerase is able to complete the synthesis of the "incomplete ends" of the opposite strand.
Telomerase:

* is a ribonucleoprotein;
* Its single RNA molecule provides an AAUCCC (in mammals) template to guide the insertion of TTAGGG.
* Its protein component called TERT ("TElomere Reverse Transcriptase") provides the catalytic action.
* Thus telomerase is a reverse transcriptase; synthesizing DNA from an RNA template.
Telomerase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-05, 02:09 PM   #14
Telomerase

my entire setup doesn't work properly unless i specify the connected monitor as such... the 2nd display doesn't even initialize it seems and the primary doesn't have the correct resolution and appears to be using a virtual desktop.

Telomerase is an enzyme that adds telomere repeat sequences to the 3' end of DNA strands. By lengthening this strand DNA polymerase is able to complete the synthesis of the "incomplete ends" of the opposite strand.
Telomerase:

* Its single RNA molecule provides an AAUCCC (in mammals) template to guide the insertion of TTAGGG.
* Its protein component called TERT ("TElomere Reverse Transcriptase") provides the catalytic action.
* Thus telomerase is a reverse transcriptase; synthesizing DNA from an RNA template.
Old 12-07-05, 02:54 PM   #15
netllama
NVIDIA Corporation

It might be useful to debug whatever is going wrong when you aren't using the ConnectedMonitor option. Its possible that ConnectedMonitor is causing the 60Hz issue, as that option should not be neccesary unless the driver is failing to detect the type of display attached to your videocard.

The EDID in your bug report shows that all the native modes run at 60Hz.

If you connect only your "Sceptre X9G-NAGA IV" DFP in a single headed configuration, without any other X options, and use the "1280x1024_v" mode to drive it, what do you get?

Also, are you setting sync-to-vlank anywhere?

Thanks,
Lonni
netllama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-05, 03:47 PM   #16
Telomerase

it's a laptop, i can't do that but here is the results with connectedmonitor off

http://hannah.karatebob.com/~pvp/Xorg.0.log.old

Telomerase:

Old 12-07-05, 04:07 PM   #17
netllama
NVIDIA Corporation

What kind of laptop is this and which BIOS version?

I don't see anything specifically wrong in your X log without ConnectedMonitor.

Thanks,
Lonni
Old 12-07-05, 04:22 PM   #18
Telomerase

Dell Inspiron 9300 BIOS A04

Telomerase:

Old 12-07-05, 07:21 PM   #19
Telomerase

there is a newer bios available A05... but i don't like it... apparently my CPU runs much warmer... like 10-15C higher than A04... perhaps a speedstep bug? or "something"... i do know that A05 adds support for more than what they claim in the ChangeLog such as GeForce Go 7800 GTX support for the 9300.

Telomerase:

Old 12-07-05, 08:41 PM   #20
netllama
NVIDIA Corporation

Does the A05 BIOS have any impact on these problems?

In the interim, I'll try and track down a 9300 to reproduce this problem.

Thanks,
Lonni

Old 12-07-05, 08:45 PM   #21
Telomerase

nope, no impact

Telomerase:

Old 12-08-05, 06:15 AM   #22
Telomerase

*bump*

Telomerase:

Old 12-08-05, 06:56 PM   #23
Telomerase

with the current setup i am required to specify the ConnectedMonitor otherwise the primary display doesn't work correctly as in the resolution is completely wrong and the external display simply does not initialize.

http://hannah.karatebob.com/~pvp/xorg.conf

Telomerase:

Old 12-15-05, 08:15 PM   #24
netllama
NVIDIA Corporation

I'm afraid that I'm not able to reproduce this on the 9300 that I have here. I have an external flatpanel connected, and it is capable of a 75Hz refresh rate at 1280x1024. The on screen display confirms that it is running 1280x1024@75Hz, as does the X log.

What kind of display are you using that is not running at 75Hz?

Thanks,
Lonni