Go Back   nV News Forums > Website Related > Feedback Forum

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 01-16-03, 06:06 PM   #13
JonathanM
Crazy Canuck

Quote:
Originally posted by MikeC
Yes, Dave wanted to help out at the site and I gave him a job
Nice to see this is finally becomming a family-oriented site once again.

Just kiddin...
Old 01-17-03, 08:30 PM   #14
Smokey
Team Rainbow

Sheesh people, how long have you been coming here? Fancy not knowing who DaveC was Many times Mike has posted news about Dave on the front page, baseball I think?(or maybe thats your other son) He has also posted his Mustang on the frontpage a few times also if Im not mistaken

Thats great DaveC is getting his hands dirty now, maybe he can help out with writing some reviews on all the Geforce-FXs that you will have laying around soon <- DaveC writing his Geforce-FX review
| Intel Q9550 @ 4GHz | Gigabyte EP45 UD3R |4x 1024MB OCZ Reaper PC9200 DDR2 | Seagate 320GB/ Maxtor 320GB/ Maxtor 500GB HDD|Sapphire HD5850 | Creative SB X-Fi Titanium Pro | Harmon Kardon AVR135 reciever | Jamo S718 speakers | 42" Plasma 720p (lounge room)-Samsung P2450H (bedroom)
Smokey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-03, 11:50 PM   #15
PsychoSy

Send a message via ICQ to PsychoSy Send a message via AIM to PsychoSy

Quote:
Originally posted by Smokey He has also posted his Mustang on the frontpage...
Well, that might the reason why...mainly because I'm so used to passing them while riding in one of these...and still have one more gear left.

Nothing fancy - just a little 4 banger!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	4banger.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	50.2 KB
ID:	808  
Old 01-21-03, 02:30 PM   #16
Smokey
Team Rainbow

NIce car there Psy, I dont have a car, Ive only had one, back in Oz when I got my drivers licence. 1978 Holden Torana, cost me $1500 AUS I love cars as much as the next person, I just dont have a need for one at the moment.
| Intel Q9550 @ 4GHz | Gigabyte EP45 UD3R |4x 1024MB OCZ Reaper PC9200 DDR2 | Seagate 320GB/ Maxtor 320GB/ Maxtor 500GB HDD|Sapphire HD5850 | Creative SB X-Fi Titanium Pro | Harmon Kardon AVR135 reciever | Jamo S718 speakers | 42" Plasma 720p (lounge room)-Samsung P2450H (bedroom)
Smokey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-03, 05:00 PM   #17
PsychoSy

Send a message via ICQ to PsychoSy Send a message via AIM to PsychoSy

Oh, that's not my car. One of my buddies has one that's lime green. He was around 20 when he bought this and the insurance company had a field day with it.

"D-Did you say 1992 Dodge Daytona IROC RT Turbo and you're 20 years old?!? Oh, that'll be $2,400 every three months, please!"

8 years later and he still has it. Went through one engine allready, which took a LONG time because they were back ordered. The replacement engine had a turbo leak. So, it's not as mean as it used to be. However, in it's salad days, the only car that beat it was.........a stock '93 LeBaron. And it beat him badly!!

My friend that owned the LeBaron seriously believed that his car was one of those "mistakes" the inmates in the asylum at Chrysler made and it was never intended it to be put on the lot. They couldn't track it down before it was sold, though. Sadly, his wife wrecked it much to Chrysler's delight. It could've been fixed but the insurance company was somehow "convinced" that it was totalled, paid my friend off, and the LeBaron quickly disappeared.