Go Back   nV News Forums > Linux Support Forums > General Linux

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 01-13-06, 08:40 AM   #1
phen

Default udev+nforce3: how to get audio to work???

hi folks!

i'm running kanotix2005-04 (debian unstable/sid), 2.6.14, kde3.5 now i and have an asus-k8n mainboard with an nforce3-chipset.
before that, on earlier versions of kanotix/debian, i already had problems to get the sound to work properly - although i strictly used the how-to-install-and-config (at the end i was always contented when i just heard anything! but not everything was working correctly..)!!

but now there's "udev" and this readme seems deprecated to me ...
has anyone an idea how i can install this device??

greets, phen

edit1:
i have changed /etc/sysconfig/sound as follows:
FULLNAME="NFORCE - NVidia CK8S"
#DRIVER="snd_intel8x0"
DRIVER="nvsound"
and modprobed nvsound. after reboot kmix/nvmixer show much less options: no switches-tab, no surround-volume...but nvmixer shows "information" (name of chipset, driver-version etc.)

after resetting of the sound-file, reboot, kmix shows all options (as before install), but changing surround-volume (set switch to "channels 6") i still can't get surround-sound!!!

Last edited by phen; 01-13-06 at 10:18 AM.
phen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-06, 07:01 AM   #2
phen

Default Re: udev+nforce3: how to get audio to work???

does really no one know which changes have to be done after sh'ing the nforce-script?
has no one successfully installed nforce3-audio-driver on a debian-2.6.14-box?

edit1:
after alaconf the file /etc/modprobe.d/sound was created. i commented out the contain and wrote in lines as told in the howto-configure. then i insmod'ed nvsound. but that still didn't work. so i also changed the /etc/sysconfig/sound-file ...

without any success (/dev/null)!!!
what the hell is wrong with it??

Last edited by phen; 01-21-06 at 07:47 AM.
phen is offline   Reply With Quote