Go Back   nV News Forums > Hardware Forums > General Hardware

Newegg Daily Deals

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-17-07, 10:58 PM   #1633
ViN86
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 15,486
Default Re: NVNews Widescreen LCD Club (formally DELL thread)

24 is the new 19

everything seems to go this way with technology
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-07, 09:40 AM   #1634
mustrum
Registered User
 
mustrum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 1,057
Default Re: NVNews Widescreen LCD Club (formally DELL thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViN86
24 is the new 19

everything seems to go this way with technology
They need to come down in price to reach that goal first.
Bad news is that samsung has a 24 inch TN comming up.
THEN it will be the new 19 in but wich crappy TN panels.


24 inch is the perfect size for gaming tho IMO. Just the right size so you can still see everything if you sit somewhat close to the screen.
I bet 30 inch is damn nice too but you might have to get back a lil. Definatly better if you also watch DVD but i can't see 30 inch get common.
__________________
Intel Xeon X3350 @3.5Ghz
DFI Lanparty DK X38 T2R
2x 2048mb Apogee GT
Gigabyte 8800 GTS G92 (800/1944/2050)
mustrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-07, 11:04 AM   #1635
j0j081
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,789
Default Re: NVNews Widescreen LCD Club (formally DELL thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViN86
24 is the new 19

everything seems to go this way with technology
same thing my ex gf said about penis size unfortunately.
j0j081 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-07, 05:44 PM   #1636
SH0DAN
SGIRealityEngine
 
SH0DAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Citadel Station
Posts: 1,676
Send a message via ICQ to SH0DAN
Default Re: NVNews Widescreen LCD Club (formally DELL thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by j0j081
same thing my ex gf said about penis size unfortunately.

Ouch.....
__________________
When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves, in the course of time, a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it. -Fred Bastiat-

The last official act of a corrupt government is to loot the nation.

When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators.
P. J. O'Rourke

------------------
Q6600 g0 @3.20Ghz 1.30 VOLTS||Tr ULTIMA 90I + ||2X1Gb Crucial Ballistix Tracer PC6400 4-3-3-7@ 400 x 8
BFG 260gtx MAXCORE55 @ 690/1420/2377 ||Asus P5K-Deluxe WiFi AP||Corsair HX520||Nec 2470WNX-BK + LG 1751S|
Lian Li PC-65B + II||Western Digital 150GB RaptorX|| Samsung 750Gb HD x3|| WD 2500KS ||Samsung 183s||SB Audigy 2 ZS||Audio Technica ESW9's +red RSA Predator|G11+MX518
SH0DAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-07, 08:33 PM   #1637
Tyr-Sog
goS-ryT
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Royal Oak, Michigan
Posts: 931
Default Re: NVNews Widescreen LCD Club (formally DELL thread)

Well dealing with Dell return/exchange system was a frustrating experience.

Like I mentioned earlier I called last friday to request an exchange for a defective 2407 monitor. After all was said and done I just wasn't confortable on my expereince with the outsourced customer expereince due to the language barrier. I just didn't really know what was going on becasue I missed so much in the poor translation. So I decided to call back on Monday. I did basically to confirm that everything went trough on friday ok. Again, the outsourced cutomer service was proving to be a challenge. The broken english and deep accent is just horrible to understand. Like wise for them trying to understand me, repeating myself was very frequent. Anyways, I think I got the way the exchange goes but was still really uncertain.

Tuesday I get a 1-800 call from British Columbia. I really had no idea who it was but I answer. It was Dell and I could understand the rep! She had to confirm the serial number on my monitor, so I gave it to her. Then I proceeded to get my questions answered one by one. Basically she was going to process this and a new 2407 would be shipped out in 4-5 days, expect it in 8 days or so. UPS return lables would be in the new box to put on the defect units box. Ok cool. So the night went on and I went to check my emails. Well I had to different claim emails. Now I assuming that maybe they are going to send out 2 more monitors. Nothing I can do though because it's after customer service hours already.

Weds rolls around and have the day off. Doing some house chores and haven't gotten around to calling Dell yet to confirm just one monitor to be sent out. Knock, knock, answer the door around noon, Fed Ex with my monitor. Dell overnighted me my replacement. Ok....Cool, but they could have let me know. The night passes, check the new monitor out, all is good.

I still called thursday to make sure there isn't another 2407 coming. I call sales this time though since they all speak great english. Of coarse they transfer me straight to Mumbai again. The guy who calls himself Fred has no record on a replacement being shipped, just the original one that should have arrived today. Huh? Did I get lucky and get two? So after getting no where with Fred I decided to google, 'Dell exchange returns expereinces'. Sure enough it's pretty common. Dell stringing along it's consumers then charging them a month later for that forgotten item. Not that this was going on with me, but I didn't want to take any chances.

I call back again and just mentioned I didn't get the return shipping lables in my exchange(I didn't of coarse which is common I guess) but didn't give any more info then I need to. He starts to ramble off what exactly was going on with the exchange and that he'd have my shipping tracking number and a UPS carrier coming out to pick up the defective unit. Weird that he knew what was going on and 5 minutes earlier the other guy didn't. I did however go about it differently by saying I need return shipping lables for my exchange return. I get the numbers anyways and was then told I get a email on how it would be picked up. The email came alright, at like 11pm saying the ups carrier would be here the next business day but no time was given. wtf..

I had the day off anyways, so I waited today. I hear nothing except the mailman at around 2pm. I grab my mail and stuck to my door was a UPS paper saying he was here and I missed him. Missed him? Never heard him knock, heard the mailman though, strange. lol. So now I guess he comes on Monday. Whats messed up is I took it up to a UPS store later on with the shipping number that Dell gave me and they said that it had to be attempted to be picked up 3 times before she can take. Why the hell does it matter. Anyways, I just said, "ok, see you Wendsday then". Can't miss day after day for a Dell pickup.

All in all, the monitor itself is badass. I however would never recommend Dell just for the fact of shaddy outsourced cutomer service. Have designated call centers for certain regions who speak the damn language properly. Also the return/exchange system is a hasstle and really needs to be cleaned up. Then again maybe that's the design of it. To create confusion and/or discouragement. Preying on people either to give up on it or maybe making people believe that got that lucky lost product.
__________________
Asus G74sx-Republic of Gamer Laptop
3dmark06 16,128(stock)
Tyr-Sog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-07, 10:01 PM   #1638
Mr_LoL
Bush's Doppleganger
 
Mr_LoL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Bangor North Wales UK
Posts: 5,205
Default Re: NVNews Widescreen LCD Club (formally DELL thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaiN
I did get the Dell E228WFP 22' LCD yesterday to replace my 2005FPW. I'm very happy with it, no pix issues, min. bleed, VERY bright with excellent color(*when adjusted) and its big(imo..a perfect size) . At first it gave me some trouble, I was finding it over bright w/ inky darks. Then I got smart(happens from time to time) I defaulted the monitor and drivers....and instead of touching the bright\contrast\vibrance levels I first dropped the gamma until I had correct colors, form there it was a min. tuning bright\contrast and I had it spot on. I went on to play way too many hours of WoW:BC. This baby is a keeper
Thanks for the input. I just returned my 22" to PC World because it had horrible backlight bleed. I will most likely get this next.
__________________
Core i5 2500K@ 4.5, KFA2 GTX 570, Gigabyte Z68, 8GB Corsair XMS 1600MHZ, Antec Truepower New 650w, Coolermaster Storm Sniper, 1TB Samsung F1, Yamakasi Catleap 27", Samsung 245B, Asus Xonar DG...blah blah blah
Mr_LoL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-07, 06:46 PM   #1639
A101Sugar
Registered User
 
A101Sugar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: CA
Posts: 292
Send a message via AIM to A101Sugar
Default Re: NVNews Widescreen LCD Club (formally DELL thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaiN
I did get the Dell E228WFP 22' LCD yesterday to replace my 2005FPW. I'm very happy with it, no pix issues, min. bleed, VERY bright with excellent color(*when adjusted) and its big(imo..a perfect size) . At first it gave me some trouble, I was finding it over bright w/ inky darks. Then I got smart(happens from time to time) I defaulted the monitor and drivers....and instead of touching the bright\contrast\vibrance levels I first dropped the gamma until I had correct colors, form there it was a min. tuning bright\contrast and I had it spot on. I went on to play way too many hours of WoW:BC. This baby is a keeper
Nice to hear. It looks like a nice monitor... and for the price... Probably be my new monitor... only thing I am afraid of is the quality compared to the 2007WFP... also the response time makes me afraid it will ghost..
A101Sugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-07, 08:11 PM   #1640
einstein_314
w00t!!
 
einstein_314's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Victoria, BC
Posts: 2,905
Default Re: NVNews Widescreen LCD Club (formally DELL thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyr-Sog
Well dealing with Dell return/exchange system was a frustrating experience.

Like I mentioned earlier I called last friday to request an exchange for a defective 2407 monitor. After all was said and done I just wasn't confortable on my expereince with the outsourced customer expereince due to the language barrier. I just didn't really know what was going on becasue I missed so much in the poor translation. So I decided to call back on Monday. I did basically to confirm that everything went trough on friday ok. Again, the outsourced cutomer service was proving to be a challenge. The broken english and deep accent is just horrible to understand. Like wise for them trying to understand me, repeating myself was very frequent. Anyways, I think I got the way the exchange goes but was still really uncertain.

Tuesday I get a 1-800 call from British Columbia. I really had no idea who it was but I answer. It was Dell and I could understand the rep! She had to confirm the serial number on my monitor, so I gave it to her. Then I proceeded to get my questions answered one by one. Basically she was going to process this and a new 2407 would be shipped out in 4-5 days, expect it in 8 days or so. UPS return lables would be in the new box to put on the defect units box. Ok cool. So the night went on and I went to check my emails. Well I had to different claim emails. Now I assuming that maybe they are going to send out 2 more monitors. Nothing I can do though because it's after customer service hours already.

Weds rolls around and have the day off. Doing some house chores and haven't gotten around to calling Dell yet to confirm just one monitor to be sent out. Knock, knock, answer the door around noon, Fed Ex with my monitor. Dell overnighted me my replacement. Ok....Cool, but they could have let me know. The night passes, check the new monitor out, all is good.

I still called thursday to make sure there isn't another 2407 coming. I call sales this time though since they all speak great english. Of coarse they transfer me straight to Mumbai again. The guy who calls himself Fred has no record on a replacement being shipped, just the original one that should have arrived today. Huh? Did I get lucky and get two? So after getting no where with Fred I decided to google, 'Dell exchange returns expereinces'. Sure enough it's pretty common. Dell stringing along it's consumers then charging them a month later for that forgotten item. Not that this was going on with me, but I didn't want to take any chances.

I call back again and just mentioned I didn't get the return shipping lables in my exchange(I didn't of coarse which is common I guess) but didn't give any more info then I need to. He starts to ramble off what exactly was going on with the exchange and that he'd have my shipping tracking number and a UPS carrier coming out to pick up the defective unit. Weird that he knew what was going on and 5 minutes earlier the other guy didn't. I did however go about it differently by saying I need return shipping lables for my exchange return. I get the numbers anyways and was then told I get a email on how it would be picked up. The email came alright, at like 11pm saying the ups carrier would be here the next business day but no time was given. wtf..

I had the day off anyways, so I waited today. I hear nothing except the mailman at around 2pm. I grab my mail and stuck to my door was a UPS paper saying he was here and I missed him. Missed him? Never heard him knock, heard the mailman though, strange. lol. So now I guess he comes on Monday. Whats messed up is I took it up to a UPS store later on with the shipping number that Dell gave me and they said that it had to be attempted to be picked up 3 times before she can take. Why the hell does it matter. Anyways, I just said, "ok, see you Wendsday then". Can't miss day after day for a Dell pickup.

All in all, the monitor itself is badass. I however would never recommend Dell just for the fact of shaddy outsourced cutomer service. Have designated call centers for certain regions who speak the damn language properly. Also the return/exchange system is a hasstle and really needs to be cleaned up. Then again maybe that's the design of it. To create confusion and/or discouragement. Preying on people either to give up on it or maybe making people believe that got that lucky lost product.
If there's one thing I can't stand, it's outsourced tech support that a) doesn't speak english worth beans, and b) doesn't know anything about how to solve your problem other than what the computer is telling them to say.

That being said, my first experience with Dell tech support when I RMA'd my 2407 in July (or there abouts) was awesome. I called canada tech support and got somebody who was in canada and who spoke impecible english. I couldn't believe it. And I had my replacement monitor 19 hours later (hard to believe, but true).
__________________
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 3.2GHz (9 x 355) w/ Swiftec APOGEE GTX Waterblock|| Asus P5B-Deluxe WiFi Edition
eVGA 8800 GTX Superclocked Edition @ 675/1150 w/ DangerDen 8800GTX Waterblock|| 4x1GB Mushkin XP2 PC2-8500
X-Fi Fatal1ty 64MB || PC Power & Cooling Silencer 750W || Seagate 7200.10 320 GB || Dell 2407WFP
Logitech Z-5300 Speakers || Sennheiser HD555's || Logitech G7 || Logitech G15 || Windows Vista Ultimate x64
einstein_314 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-25-07, 09:23 PM   #1641
Bearclaw
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: NVNews Widescreen LCD Club (formally DELL thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustrum

24 inch is the perfect size for gaming tho IMO. Just the right size so you can still see everything if you sit somewhat close to the screen.
I don't know. I saw the Dell 30 inch this past weekend and it was amazing. I would get it even if I was close to it.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-07, 09:58 PM   #1642
Amuro
Newtype Ace
 
Amuro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 3,206
Default Re: NVNews Widescreen LCD Club (formally DELL thread)

The new Dell 27" is not bad too, same res as the 24", and not too big for most desks.
__________________
Lian Li Armorsuit PC-P80 Black | Intel Core i7-3960X @4.3Ghz | Asus Rampage IV Extreme | G.SKILL Ripjaws X 4 x 4GB @1866Mhz CL9 |eVGA GTX 690 Hydro Copper | Cruscial M4 512GB SATA III SSD | WD VelociRaptor 300GB | Samsung Spinpoint F1 HD103UJ 1TB | Pioneer BDR-205BK 12x Blu-ray Burner | Creative x-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Sound Card | Corsair A1200 1200W PSU

Water cooled by Koolance ERM-3K3UC Cooling System
Amuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-07, 03:18 PM   #1643
LT.Schaffer
Praise The Lord!
 
LT.Schaffer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Chernarus
Posts: 1,960
Default Re: NVNews Widescreen LCD Club (formally DELL thread)

well i went ahead and ordered a Viewsonic 22" Widescreen LCD[since viewsonic has always worked for me] Can't wait to Play Games on it
and since i do other editing i went with the VG2230WM 22".
__________________

Intel Q9650|Asus P5Q Pro Turbo|GTX 480|CM 690 II Advanced|Corsair Dominator 4GB|LG LE3500 32"|X-FI|Intel 80GB SSD|Win 7 64Bit
Nvidia Driver:310.70 WHQL


Dedicated LAN Coop Server
Intel Core 2 Duo E8500|Asus P5B Deluxe|BFG GTX 285|Antec 900|Kingston HyperX 2GB|Viewsonic VX2255WMB 22"|Win 7 32Bit







GOD BLESS AMERICA

I Proudly Support Our Troops

Current Game:Elder Scrolls V Skyrim
LT.Schaffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-07, 09:39 AM   #1644
Tyr-Sog
goS-ryT
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Royal Oak, Michigan
Posts: 931
Default Re: NVNews Widescreen LCD Club (formally DELL thread)

Man, once you go 24" you get the fevor to go larger lol. I'd go 30" but lack dual dvi and the rig to push it. Don't want to really want to upgrade until fall or maybe around the time ati gets some cards out and costs drop.
__________________
Asus G74sx-Republic of Gamer Laptop
3dmark06 16,128(stock)
Tyr-Sog is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
$299.99 - Apple M91782LL/A 23" WideScreen LCD Flat Panel Computer Monitor Display News 23-Inch 0 11-06-13 01:50 PM
$104.99 - Acer V196WLb Black 19" 5ms Widescreen LED Backlight LCD Monitor News 19-Inch 0 04-05-13 11:00 PM
$104.99 - Acer V196WLbd Black 19" 5ms Widescreen LED Backlight LCD Monitor News 19-Inch 0 04-01-13 10:10 PM
$169.99 - LG 24EN33TW-B Black 23.6" 5ms LED Backlight Widescreen LCD Monitor 200 cd/m News Newegg RSS Feed 0 04-01-13 02:40 PM
$1,949.99 - PLANAR PX2491W Black 24" 6ms HDMI Widescreen LCD Monitor News 24-Inch 0 08-17-12 04:50 AM

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:34 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1998 - 2014, nV News.