Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 01-23-06, 03:40 PM   #1
Tygerwoody
mega ultra God Tit Lord

Default Who else is excited about VANGUARD!

The time is drawing nearer and nearer.

The next "big" MMO will finally be released! I have visited alot of forums, and to me it seems like alot of people are just playing WoW or any other random game "until Vanguard comes out". I too am doing this, although in my opinion WoW is too boring to play while I wait for Vanguard.

At www.vanguardsoh.com you can read the FAQ and learn a TON about what they are doing with this game. You can find out even more if you read the forums.

Anyway.... Who here is looking forward to Vanguard? Think it will top Everquest 1 when it was released?
Tygerwoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-06, 04:00 PM   #2
pingu2

Default Re: Who else is excited about VANGUARD!

No I don't think anything will recapture EQ1 feeling for me anymore - but I reckon Vanguard will be the game to play for the next year or two..

EQ1 when it came out brought an entirely new level of immersion to online gaming, it's a feat that really can't be repeated until there is a step-change in technology (in AI or virtual reality or something)..
pingu2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-06, 04:18 PM   #3
FraGTastiK
'

Yes I have my eye on Vanguard and SUN.I cannot stand dated graphics (read WoW) even if gameplay is amazing and I cannot stand advanced graphics engine with DEAD art wrok wich takes a nose dive with every new expansion plus puppet like animations and that official IGE thing(read EQ2).I hope EQ2 and WoW players did not take any offense,just my opinion.

I like Vanguard to be free of those elements.

AMD X2 4400+@2750 MHz 24/7 ][ ASUS A8N32-SLI DELUXE 0903 ][ 2x1GB PC4000 CRUCIAL BALLISTIX 1T-1:1 ][ 2 XFX 7900GTX 512MB SLI 690/1750
PIONEERDVD-RW DVR-108 ][ MSI CD-RW CR52P AUDIGY2ZS ][ CREATIVE INSPIRE T7700
2xMAXTOR SATA160GB (RAID 0) ][ 2x MAXTOR IDE80GB ][ AOPENH700C
FraGTastiK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-06, 08:47 PM   #4
|MaguS|

Vangaurd is very good!
Old 01-25-06, 10:26 AM   #5
Tygerwoody
mega ultra God Tit Lord

wow... a whole 3 people excited about Vanguard
Old 01-25-06, 11:57 AM   #6
oneils

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tygerwoody
wow... a whole 3 people excited about Vanguard
I'm excited about it, but my experience with MMORPG's hasn't been very good. Guild Wars had my attention for about 1 month or so (played over 30 hours or so probably) and WoW also had about a month from me. In both WoW and Guild Wars, the grind just got unbearable. In Wod I didin't even get past level 19. I don't even think I made it out of the zone just east (I previously said west but meant east...it was a zone with lvl16-22 monsters - that I remember) of goldshire...can't remember the name...all the quests were: collect 10 of these, or kill 10 of this, 5 of these, 5 of these etc. etc. etc. After about 30 hours or so of that I couldn't imagine going all the way to level 60. I think I'm too cranky these days. Also, I think CSS has ruined me for any other game...my attention span has been greatly diminished

Anyway, saw Vanguard's site and it certainly does look interesting. I think I will be trying it out. In the meantime I might try out EQ's titanium pack that come out. Never played EQ or EQII.
3x320gb Seagate Barracudas
2gb RAM

Last edited by oneils; 01-25-06 at 12:07 PM.
oneils is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-06, 12:01 PM   #7
|MaguS|

GW isn't a MMORPG no matter how much people scream that it is...
Old 01-25-06, 12:10 PM   #8
oneils

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS|
That wasn't my problem with GW though, but it was actually my problem with WoW...it is too much of a MMORPG for my tastes. I like to solo a lot, but to level up that means a lot of work in WoW...or so it seems to me. I find MMORPG's just take too much time when grouping...I need to be in and out in about an hour or so....that's why I kind of liked GW for awhile, I could use NPC henchman.
2gb RAM

Old 01-25-06, 12:15 PM   #9
|MaguS|

Yeah if you don't or can't group often then Vanguard isn't for you. Its from the creators of the original EQ which is known for being one of the most grouping centered games ever.

As for WoW requiring groups, I found it to be the opposite. I love grouping in MMORPGs because if gives you the opperturnity to meet people and just socialize alot. I am one of those who loves to talk and just goof around often.
Old 01-25-06, 12:20 PM   #10
oneils

Quote:
Yeah if you don't or can't group often then Vanguard isn't for you. Its from the creators of the original EQ which is known for being one of the most grouping centered games ever.

As for WoW requiring groups, I found it to be the opposite. I love grouping in MMORPGs because if gives you the opperturnity to meet people and just socialize alot. I am one of those who loves to talk and just goof around often.
Yeah, I see what you mean MMORPG's are pretty much, by definition, social games. But I don't really like to be social while playing video games....unless the other players are in the same room...in that case a console is the way to go. I guess I just like RPG's so much that I figured I would try them out. I've played through all the decent rpg's (NWN, SW:KOTOR, Morrowind, Fable) but there doesn't seem to be much else out there until Oblivion.

But...I think I'll try Vanguard anyway...It may be a game that can bring me out of my shell.
2gb RAM
Old 01-25-06, 01:26 PM   #11
Tygerwoody
mega ultra God Tit Lord

Quote:
QFT
Old 01-26-06, 08:56 AM   #12
Yuet

From a few of MMOG I played, I still like UO back in around 1996-1997, others I played: Planetside, Lineage, EQ2 and some chinese ones did not last me more than a month.

From what I seen so far, this game looks promising.

SYS 2: ECS KN1 SLI Extreme, AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+, 2 x 512MB Corsair TWINX, Saphire HD3870
Yuet is offline   Reply With Quote