Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 01-26-06, 01:51 PM   #13
spirited1

Default Re: Who else is excited about VANGUARD!

The official Vanguard FAQ hasn't been updated in a while, so you can check out an updated FAQ at Silky Venom, a VG fansite, here -- http://www.silkyvenom.com/pages/faq.php

There's also been a load more exclusive screenshots, interviews and in some cases early in game video's that you won't see on the official site distributed to the Affiliated Sites (fansites that get the Sigil mark of approval -- this means they must be quite active, updated regularly, have lots of features, and not have connections to organisations that profit from the sale of currency, items or characters). You can check out a list of the Affiliates here -- http://www.vanguardsoh.com/fansite.php

I've been following this game closely for nearly two years, and I have high hopes for it. It better be good

EDIT
Here's a few video links. Some of these are a bit old but hopefully will give you an insight on how the game is shaping up. Recently they've been adding or improving on the lighting, animation, motion capture etc etc.

http://www.silkyvenom.com/forums/showthread.php?t=590 -- Some of the playable races. Taken from last years E3 by a fan, so excuse the Shaky-Cam-O-Vision and poor quality.
http://www.thesafehouse.org/mugshots/video_library.php -- Amongst other bits n pieces, here's some Sigil dev interviews
http://www.mmorpgmovies.com/?game=E3...2005&movie=103

Last edited by spirited1; 01-26-06 at 02:14 PM.
spirited1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-06, 02:07 PM   #14
|MaguS|

It's probably one of the main games im excited about going to E3 for, which I still haven't decided if I am going or not... dam having no job sucks sometimes...
Old 01-26-06, 04:29 PM   #15
nrdstrm

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS|
Vangaurd is very good!
Yep, you guys are gonna love it

Rob
nrdstrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-06, 10:00 PM   #16
ruziel

http://www.vanguardspheres.com/galle...?c=535&userid=

http://www.ceruleanzephyr.com/rox2.html

Screenshots do not do justice for this game. It is just beautiful.

Anyone else in beta..Adus in game if so. Don't break NDA!! =D
ruziel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-06, 09:53 AM   #17
Tygerwoody
mega ultra God Tit Lord

We got a few people in our guild in Beta. However we are really strict when it comes to NDA as well. I don't have the beta, and my guild members wont even tell ME anything. They wont even answer simple questions like "is it good?" All i get is "under NDA, sorry can't tell you".
Tygerwoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-06, 06:16 PM   #18
Tyr-Sog
goS-ryT

Just surfed over the site a bit and it seems like it is very EQ2'ish as far as game mechanics and stuff?

Looks good though.
Old 02-01-06, 09:36 AM   #19
emailthatguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyr-Sog
Just surfed over the site a bit and it seems like it is very EQ2'ish as far as game mechanics and stuff?

Looks good though.
it SHOULD have an eq look to it considering its the original eq 1 guys doing this thing.

i hope its good. i just see no reason why microsoft wont pull the plug on it at the zero hour like they have the last 3 mmo's they funded. last one was 3 months from launch i believe, damned if i can remember the name of it though.
No more ati | Athlon64 X2 6000+ Black | Asrock Mobo | 4GB RAM | 250 GB Maxtor Sata | Soundblaster X-fi XtremeGamer | EVGA 8800 GTS | HP w1907 Monitor | Logitech Z-680 Speakers | Audiovox PNP3 Sirius Satellite Radio Tuner | Sidewinder Mouse| Vista Home Premium | Logitech G15 Keyboard
emailthatguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-06, 09:40 AM   #20
|MaguS|

It looks EQ1 like but gameplay wise its so different. It's not as simplistic and easy as most current MMOs.

Old 02-18-06, 10:09 AM   #21
tieros

I HATE Vanguard, but it has nothing to do with the game itself. The game looks fine.

I hate it because MS decided they didn't need 2 MMORPGs in development, so they dropped Mythica, an absolutely beautiful and unique game.

So I guess I don't really hate Vanguard, I hate MS for picking it
tieros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-06, 07:35 PM   #22
|MaguS|

Vanguard isn't developed by MS though, MS is only publishing it. MS probably canceled the development of Mythica because they saw how it wouldn't be able to compete in a saturated market.
Old 02-18-06, 08:36 PM   #23
glObalist
working as intended

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS|
Vanguard isn't developed by MS though, MS is only publishing it. MS probably canceled the development of Mythica because they saw how it wouldn't be able to compete in a saturated market.
Saturated market? I haven't seen anything comparable to WoW in terms of graphics and gameplay ever since I stopped playing the damn MMORPG. Seriously, tell me which MMO should I pick up after I've had it with WoW due to the insane time-sink required to be able to progress beyond lvl 60?
Quote:
All MMO's are now baby-school weak. The only good MMO's make your eyes bleed and force you to eat glass. In my day we had to walk uphill in the snow 5 miles *JUST* to log in.
glObalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-06, 09:11 PM   #24
t6_shadow
The all knowing

Quote:
Originally Posted by glObalist
Saturated market? I haven't seen anything comparable to WoW in terms of graphics and gameplay ever since I stopped playing the damn MMORPG. Seriously, tell me which MMO should I pick up after I've had it with WoW due to the insane time-sink required to be able to progress beyond lvl 60?

I think WOW had excellent graphics. I don't need the lastest bleeding edge stuff to keep me happy the art work was simply amazing. Also I quit playing MMORPGs simply because all they are IS a timesink. Yes I played WOW all the way to 60 and did numerous Molten Core raids. It was CRAP. It takes 40 guys 5 hours to get MAYBE 3 pieces of gear. Screw that. All MMORPGs are is simply a giant game of "who has the most free time" That simply doesn't do it for me. I hate getting beaten because some guy is happy to live on welfare and play 14 hours a day. Thats just not fun at all. Also there was the issue of HUGE class imbalances.

I don't about angels but its fear that gives men wings.
- Max Payne

Give him a gun and hes superman. Give him two and hes god.
- Superintendent Pang, Hard boiled

The rig that brings the pain:
Intel p4 2.0 Ghz
1024 megs o ram at pc2100
Asus p4sgx-mx mobo
GIGABYTE geforce 6600gt AGP
60 gig ata 100 Hard drive
48X24X48 lite on Burner
DVD rom drive
t6_shadow is offline   Reply With Quote