Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 02-21-06, 07:35 AM   #49
Tygerwoody
mega ultra God Tit Lord

Default Re: Who else is excited about VANGUARD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spirited1
The vision brought me orig EQ, Kunark and Velious.

Sony brought me trivialised travel, awful lore and greed, greed, greed.

I'm looking forward to Vanguard and a return to a challenging, dangerous world. And that's what's been missing from recent mmorpgs. They are games, not worlds. Though I disagree with you on one thing, |MaguS|....

Kunark > Velious

I should add, to anyone who's heard of VG and is considering it. Forget what you know, or what you think you know. If you have doubts, wait until the NDA drops and reviews start coming in. Make your decisions at that point. Don't write this one off.
Yea, I have to disagree with MaguS as well.

Kunark > Velious
Tygerwoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-06, 07:37 AM   #50
|MaguS|

Tygerwoody, Are you playing any MMORPGs while you wait for Vanguard? Acouple of my Buddies and I are going to play DDO till it releases (nothing better on the market).
Old 02-21-06, 07:52 AM   #51
Tygerwoody
mega ultra God Tit Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by glObalist
Yes WoW was my first and so far only MMORPG and from what I hear about the rest (especially the older MMOs) makes me glad I was unaware enough at the time to try anything else. And I'm old enough (28 actually) to appreciate a solid and entertaining game. And no I didn't solo through WoW as I made sure to complete as many quests as possible, many of which are simply un-soloable. I'm not ashamed of my opinion that WoW is simply the best and yes, masturbation sometimes IS better than sex.

Either way, it always amuses me how these old-school MMO players and EQ veterans can't get no satisfaction in the genre as it is nowadays, always hoping for the grind and the so called "complexity" to come back.

And although I'm actually willing to give Vanguard a try once it comes out, I'm afraid I'll end up with the same sour taste I got during the 2 hours I had EQ2 Trial of the Isle installed on my HDD. What a pile of badly-coded, artless crap that game was!
EQ2 was created by Sony, the same company that messed up EQ 1. I HATED EQ2. It was a peice of crap.

I'm not seeing how you can even use the words "EQ2" and "Vanguard" in the same post when they are just on two extremely different levels.

From a person who despised EQ2 and a member of the Vanguard beta, I promise you Vanguard will not disappoint. (and no I can't answer any questions about Vanguard Beta )
Old 02-21-06, 07:53 AM   #52
Tygerwoody
mega ultra God Tit Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS|
Tygerwoody, Are you playing any MMORPGs while you wait for Vanguard? Acouple of my Buddies and I are going to play DDO till it releases (nothing better on the market).
RYL2. Its actually not that good, but it doesn't completely suck. I don't want to play DDO because I'm scared I'll get too much into it and wont play Vanguard.

btw, what is the release of Vanguard? Is it still April?
Old 02-21-06, 08:00 AM   #53
|MaguS|

Vanguard has no current release date, they are aiming for Summer but are not afriad to push it back if they need to. Im guessing Fall...

As for DDO, Its a good game for people who like grouping. It focuses on it alot and is a decent game with some nice adventure feeling.

As for getting hooked on it... I don't think any game would keep me away from Vanguards!
Old 02-21-06, 08:28 AM   #54
Tygerwoody
mega ultra God Tit Lord

Quote:
Vanguard has no current release date, they are aiming for Summer but are not afriad to push it back if they need to. Im guessing Fall...

As for DDO, Its a good game for people who like grouping. It focuses on it alot and is a decent game with some nice adventure feeling.

As for getting hooked on it... I don't think any game would keep me away from Vanguards!
One thing I never liked about DDO is the whole roll system. I'd be more excited about DDO if they used some type of normal system for armor/weapons stats and skills.
Old 03-05-06, 01:31 AM   #55
nV`andrew
Akrynym

Send a message via AIM to nV`andrew Send a message via MSN to nV`andrew Send a message via Skype™ to nV`andrew

vanguard will be a monthly fee i suppose?

anyone know how much? probably $15 i guess
nV`andrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-06, 08:00 AM   #56
|MaguS|

$14.99, that seems to be the current standard.

Old 03-05-06, 07:48 PM   #57
nrdstrm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tygerwoody
EQ2 was created by Sony, the same company that messed up EQ 1. I HATED EQ2. It was a peice of crap.

I'm not seeing how you can even use the words "EQ2" and "Vanguard" in the same post when they are just on two extremely different levels.

From a person who despised EQ2 and a member of the Vanguard beta, I promise you Vanguard will not disappoint. (and no I can't answer any questions about Vanguard Beta )
We should hook up and play sometime. (and no I can't answer any questions about Vanguard Beta )[/
nrdstrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-06, 09:51 PM   #58
emailthatguy

personally i cant get excited about a "spiritual successor" to anything anymore. im sick of sequels and games that are like other games. in 2005 i think there was a total of a whopping 5 games that werent sequels to something else in the pc sales charts. how sad is that?

i dont want what should have been eq 2 or another duke nukem, or another quake, or another swg, god give us new original titles that show off creativity.

no more flippin sequels already official, spiritual, or otherwise.
No more ati | Athlon64 X2 6000+ Black | Asrock Mobo | 4GB RAM | 250 GB Maxtor Sata | Soundblaster X-fi XtremeGamer | EVGA 8800 GTS | HP w1907 Monitor | Logitech Z-680 Speakers | Audiovox PNP3 Sirius Satellite Radio Tuner | Sidewinder Mouse| Vista Home Premium | Logitech G15 Keyboard
emailthatguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-06, 10:16 PM   #59
|MaguS|

When they say spiritual successor it doesn't mean it will be a carbon copy of the previous title with some improvements like most sequels but more of a new game with features and things that the original and what would have been its sequel would have had. Plus since its not a true sequel it doesnt share the same lore or world as the previous title so it technically is original in a sense.
Old 03-06-06, 09:43 AM   #60
Tygerwoody
mega ultra God Tit Lord

Quote:
When they say spiritual successor it doesn't mean it will be a carbon copy of the previous title with some improvements like most sequels but more of a new game with features and things that the original and what would have been its sequel would have had. Plus since its not a true sequel it doesnt share the same lore or world as the previous title so it technically is original in a sense.
exactly

emailguy... trust me Vanguard is its own game. Nothing sequel about it.