Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 03-06-06, 10:42 AM   #61
gravioli

Default Re: Who else is excited about VANGUARD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS|
I like Vanguards because it brings back the feeling of exploration and travel. Too many MMOs today are making travel way to easy... its all instant and boring. Vanguards has none of that... if you want to get to a dungeon in another continent your going to have to trek there... no instant gate straight to it... If you forget to bind close to the dungeon and you die... well prepare for a corpse run... but atleast you can store extra gear on your horse's saddle bags (portable bank basically)
I think riding a horse/mount across a huge continent, with a few encounters mixed in, is boring. Especially if you have to do it more than once. Seems like an unnecessary timesink, and in MMORPGs, timesinks are money-sinks.
Old 03-06-06, 10:46 AM   #62
Tygerwoody
mega ultra God Tit Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by gravioli
I think riding a horse/mount across a huge continent, with a few encounters mixed in, is boring. Especially if you have to do it more than once. Seems like an unnecessary timesink, and in MMORPGs, timesinks are money-sinks.
Nah not really. The game is much more fullfilling without instant gates.
Tygerwoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-06, 07:11 PM   #63
gravioli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tygerwoody
Nah not really. The game is much more fullfilling without instant gates.
No, I truly think a lack of fast travel options is boring and unfullfilling. You might not. I could only handle riding across a desert like this once, maybe twice if I was chasing someone for PvP purposes. It would be quite a feat, but maybe Vanguard will offer something to break up the monotony of travel without adding "fast" options.
Old 03-06-06, 07:30 PM   #64
nV`andrew
Akrynym

Send a message via AIM to nV`andrew Send a message via MSN to nV`andrew Send a message via Skype™ to nV`andrew

eh since im credit card-less, maybe i can pitch in 5 bucks a month and ask my mom to pay the rest. she did when my brother played everquested 50 years ago
nV`andrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-06, 12:28 AM   #65
|MaguS|

Theres always gamecards.
Old 03-07-06, 07:19 AM   #66
Tygerwoody
mega ultra God Tit Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by gravioli
No, I truly think a lack of fast travel options is boring and unfullfilling. You might not. I could only handle riding across a desert like this once, maybe twice if I was chasing someone for PvP purposes. It would be quite a feat, but maybe Vanguard will offer something to break up the monotony of travel without adding "fast" options.
See, i look at that screenshot and think completely different. Instead of thinking "wow its going to take forever to travel", i think "wow its going to be so fun to travel!!!". Thats actually an excellent screenshot. Reminds me of the 13th Warrior
Old 03-07-06, 09:27 AM   #67
nV`andrew
Akrynym

Send a message via AIM to nV`andrew Send a message via MSN to nV`andrew Send a message via Skype™ to nV`andrew

Quote:
Theres always gamecards.
where would i get on of those
nV`andrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-06, 11:46 AM   #68
Tygerwoody
mega ultra God Tit Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by nV`andrew
where would i get on of those
Best Buy... GameStop.... etc...

Old 03-21-06, 04:37 PM   #69
evilchris

Quote:
I loved Kunark, Especially the dreadlands, but Velious had the 10th Ring War and TV which are two of my all time favorite experiances in gaming...
How about your VP key quest? Wasn't that GREAT ORIGINAL FUN? I loved camping Pained Soul for 45 years.
Old 03-21-06, 04:38 PM   #70
evilchris

Quote:
Yup, Almost all of Verant is at Sigil. I hope he rethinks the Epic quests though... I went through hell to accomplish my clerics...
At least Cleric's got help at a moments notice with completing their epic's since it greatly enhanced a guild. Try getting someone to assist in the Wizard epic. " VS is up ". *crickets*
Old 03-21-06, 04:41 PM   #71
evilchris

Quote:
It's not the grind that I miss , its the thrill and danger you had to worry about. EQ1 made an adventure out of every level, there was something always fun and exciting to expoler.

Every MMO released recently makes travel boring (instant travel) and the death penalty just un threatening... I like having to do corpse runs, thats what made me afraid of dying and made me play better. There was a risk... now its just "oh no, I have to kill 2 more monsters to fix my xp debt!".
EQ had insta travel at level 29 on in the original game when Wizard and Druid got their 1st portal spells.

Also, you like corpse runs? So if you failed Lord Vyemm in NToV, you'd prefer running everyone naked to him and *attempting* a CR? Have fun losing 10 levels.
Old 03-22-06, 12:30 PM   #72
spirited1

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilchris
At least Cleric's got help at a moments notice with completing their epic's since it greatly enhanced a guild. Try getting someone to assist in the Wizard epic. " VS is up ". *crickets*
To be fair though, that's really an issue with your guild you had. They should have been there to support you, regardless of the drop. Also, didn't VS drop items for the Ranger and Druid epics too? One mob, for three epics, plus it's regular loot table. Surely a few could have benefitted from a VS kill. People still use the Kunark clicky items, even today. I know I still have my Wild Lord's.