Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 03-22-06, 12:36 PM   #73
spirited1

Default Re: Who else is excited about VANGUARD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilchris
EQ had insta travel at level 29 on in the original game when Wizard and Druid got their 1st portal spells.

Also, you like corpse runs? So if you failed Lord Vyemm in NToV, you'd prefer running everyone naked to him and *attempting* a CR? Have fun losing 10 levels.
Well, there we have risk versus reward. Screw up, pay the price. Don't screw up, reap the rewards. If you're going into a zone like ToV, you better have your stuff together. It was tough, it was never going to be anything other than that. But you earned the loot, and that made the taste of victory that much sweeter.
Old 03-22-06, 12:41 PM   #74
|MaguS|

We never failed Lord Vyemm.

The "instant travel" you speak of is only available to two certain classes, not everyone was able to "instantly travel" all over the world. Heck Druids and Wizards had unique travel locations aswell and some locations didn't have any so while it was sort of in the game it wasn't as open as all current games have it. Oh and these travels weren't 100% safe since you could either be left behind during an evac and certain locations weren't safe.

The keys sucked to get but atleast they made you dedicated to it, and it was worth it. Heck It took me longer to get my VT and Emperor key then it did my VS (I got really lucky) you want to talk about a horrible camp, nothing beats RageFire (2+ weeks for me).
Old 03-22-06, 05:08 PM   #75
evilchris

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS|
We never failed Lord Vyemm.
I've never heard of a guild beating Vyemm on their first try unless they got to him long after Velious. Afterlife, Fires of Heaven, no one. Anything is easy now in Velious. All the work has been done as far as learning strats and people have gear making NToV trivial.

Were you in Velious gear at the time? He can be killed by one group now of course.
Old 03-22-06, 05:10 PM   #76
evilchris

Quote:
Originally Posted by spirited1
Well, there we have risk versus reward. Screw up, pay the price. Don't screw up, reap the rewards. If you're going into a zone like ToV, you better have your stuff together. It was tough, it was never going to be anything other than that. But you earned the loot, and that made the taste of victory that much sweeter.
Some zones were built where Summon Corpse was required. I suppose you guys don't like rez's either?
Old 04-05-06, 11:38 AM   #77
Tygerwoody
mega ultra God Tit Lord

So what has the release date of this game been pushed to now? I can't seem to find it anymore
Tygerwoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-06, 11:56 AM   #78
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tygerwoody
So what has the release date of this game been pushed to now? I can't seem to find it anymore
It's always had a Summer/Fall release date. No actual date by Sigil was ever given.
Old 04-06-06, 04:52 PM   #79
UDawg
Retired spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tygerwoody
wow... a whole 3 people excited about Vanguard
I can't wait to play it. We need to get on a server together. I know a bunch of WoW players who will jump ship and form a guild in Vanguard. We shall be known as Order of the Rosey Palm.
UDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-06, 08:51 PM   #80
ruziel

1,000 testers were added yesterday and today. And more this weekend. Check your emails
ruziel is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-08-06, 06:07 AM   #81
spirited1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruziel
1,000 testers were added yesterday and today. And more this weekend. Check your emails
Yep! Life is good and I'm very buzzed

This is pretty cool for anyone who's got their eye on VG -- http://www.vanguardsoh.com/Newslette...ain/april.html

Warriors look sweet. For the first time ever, I think I'm gonna play one. And the Shaman class in March's newsletter (link at the bottom of the April page) look out of this world. I never play a healer but wow...the Shammy looks pure fun.
Old 04-10-06, 09:49 PM   #82
Tygerwoody
mega ultra God Tit Lord

tonight there were 300 people logged in the beta server

fun stuff
Old 04-10-06, 09:51 PM   #83
Tygerwoody
mega ultra God Tit Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by UDawg
I can't wait to play it. We need to get on a server together. I know a bunch of WoW players who will jump ship and form a guild in Vanguard. We shall be known as Order of the Rosey Palm.
our guild Gothic Circle has over 100 members just waiting for the release of Vanguard. We shale dominate just like we did on EQ
Old 04-30-06, 10:03 PM   #84
oneils

Don't know if anyone here has linked this story yet, but I thought it was a pretty decent preview:

http://www.1up.com/do/previewPage?cId=3148657

I like the part about house building. Sounds like fun.
3x320gb Seagate Barracudas
2gb RAM

Last edited by oneils; 05-02-06 at 12:12 PM.
oneils is offline   Reply With Quote