Go Back   nV News Forums > Linux Support Forums > NVIDIA Linux

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 01-26-06, 11:36 AM   #1
tteddo

Default Dual MX4000 Problems

I am running MythTV on Fedora Core 4 with a MX4000 AGP. VGA to a regular CRT, S-Video (with composite adapter) out to TV, with 2 separate desktops that I can drag windows between. My xorg.conf is here if you are curious.
In trying to get the TV sharpness/color to be better (to broadcast quality), I found out that pretty much the way I have it setup is the best I am going to get with the TV out on that card with my current setup.
Long story short, I happen to have another PCI MX4000 and read that if you take the VGA output of a video card and run it through a converter box to component video, I would be able to control the quality much better, and even with the proper mode lines I could have HDTV in the future.
The problem is I cannot get both cards to function at the same time (preferable in the fashion I have the other set up). I am testing to 2 CRT's before trying the converter.
My xorg.conf for this is here.
"lspci | grep VGA" reveals this:
00:05.0 VGA compatible controller: nVidia Corporation NV18 [GeForce4 MX 4000 AGP 8x] (rev c1)
01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: nVidia Corporation NV18 [GeForce4 MX 4000 AGP 8x] (rev c1)
So I know I have the right BusId's.
If I enable the PCI card first in the BIOS, it will come up until I startx, then the AGP will fire up with my current xorg.conf. If I change the BusID's around I can get the PCI one to work, but then the AGP won't fire up. You will see I have the Int10 module enabled and working. I tried enabling xinerama and also tried the twinview setups and all result in the same, both cards won't work at the same time, and the following warning appears in the xorg.0.log:
(II) Primary Device is: PCI 01:00:0
(WW) NVIDIA: No matching Device section for instance (BusID PCI:0:5:0) found
(--) Chipset NVIDIA GPU found
(--) Chipset NVIDIA GPU found

Whichever card fires up first, the second one will have the error. Since there is a device section, it must be telling me something else, but what?

My entire Xorg.0.log is here.

Thanks for your help, and prevention of more hair loss!
tteddo is offline   Reply With Quote