Go Back   nV News Forums > Linux Support Forums > NVIDIA Linux

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 02-01-06, 06:51 PM   #1
J Grimes

Default External Genlock/Framelock Tips

I have a G-Sync board with a Quadro 4400 that I am attempting to externally sync to a TTL "house" signal. Ultimately I would like to connect four machines together that are Frame Locked and Genlocked. I have tried using the Linux 8178 (32 and 64bit) drivers and the XP 32 bit 81.98 drivers. I have no trouble obtaining the Frame Lock, but I just can not get a decent Genlock. I don't have a video production background, so I thought that perhaps I am not understanding something simple.

I am using a 60 Hertz 3.0V TTL signal from a bench pulse generator. My display is a DFP running at about 60 Hertz refresh. When I attempt the external sync, the flat panel will lock on the signal and then after a few seconds, drop back to internal sync. I usually see solid green on the house sync indicators, so I am pretty sure that the G-Sync board is accepting the signal.

NVIDIA's "Frame Synchronization User's Guide" just does not have info in it for me to get this thing going reliably. It would be nice to know what the TTL external signal needs to look like ( duty cycle, max jitter, max freq, min freq, etc.)

Any tips or thoughts from the crowd?
J Grimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-06, 07:31 PM   #2
saturnotaku
Apple user. Deal with it.

Default Re: External Genlock/Framelock Tips

You may want to ask this on a professional developers' forum, or you can ask in our Linux forum. If you want the latter, don't post again there, I'll move this one for you.

Outside the Linux forum, most of us are gamers/enthusiasts and this kind of stuff is out of our realms of expertise.
saturnotaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-06, 09:46 AM   #3
J Grimes

Default Re: External Genlock/Framelock Tips

It would be great if you would move the thread to a better forum for me.

Thanks
J Grimes is offline   Reply With Quote