Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Console World

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 02-06-06, 05:06 PM   #13
npras42
Hi Everybody!

Default Re: 30 PS3 games for pre-order

Of the last year what games do you like??? I find it hard to believe you can find fault with all but one of those games. I guess there aren't any 'real' platformers or action RPGs, but from a distance it just sounds like you're PS3 or Sony bashing.

I don't believe half those games will be out at launch or in October 06. Its BS. I think Epic has a better chance of getting UT2K7 out there than us seeing a Gran Turismo game before the end of 2007. I'm not saying that as a dig but Polyphony Digital should be working on Tourist Trophy not Gran Turismo and that is not that close to release. It took them 3 years between previous GT games. Having GT4 in 05, Tourist Trophy in 06 and then Vision GT in 07??? Yeah, right!

A Tekken could be ready but I would imagine it won't be the greatest Tekken game. Probably an advance of the nature of Tekken Tag. I'd prefer if they just waited a year and released 'a good one'.

I could see Killzone being released as no-one has ever seen real footage of it so have no idea what the final version will look like.

As for the others, its a mix of I don't really know or they definitely could or even SHOULD release at launch or before Oct 2006. Formula 1 is one that strikes me as a definite. If its not donr by then they might as well not bother until the 07 season starts again in March 07.
npras42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-06, 03:04 PM   #14
Lil Sassy
G80

Quote:
Originally Posted by npras42
Of the last year what games do you like???
I don't know exactly when all of them were released, not to mention it's 100% irrelevant, but here's a very short, very incomplete list, in no particular order:

Age of Empires III
Rome: Total War
The Lord of the Rings, The Battle for Middle-earth
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne
Doom 3 and expansion
Quake 4
Far Cry
Unreal Torn 2004
Call of Duty
Rpgs-Morrowind/BG1-2/Planscape/Gothic 2/Tales of Symphonia/Final Fantasy VII-X/Suikoden 2-3/Dragon Quest VIII/KOTOR 1-2/etc.,etc.,ect.......
Splinter Cell Chaos Theory
King Kong-Need 360 version though, it's way better even if you have a brute of a PC.
Thief: Deadly Shadows
AVP 2
Need for Speed Most Wanted
Rollercoaster Tycoon 3-Soaked

Dude, this list, if I was actually remotely thorough, would span well over the post size limit and consume far more of my time than I feel up to sacrificing. It goes on forever. The list of most wanted games that haven't released yet is obviously shorter, but it's pretty long too. You've got the idea, though.

It's called "Kickin Ass"
Lil Sassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-06, 03:57 PM   #15
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Sassy
I like what I consider to be good games...a LOT. However:

MotorStorm----Could be cool, but they simply hide graphical shortcomings in blur.
So using effects to hide graphical shortcomings is bad, rather than just letting every jaggy hang out and make your eyes bleed eh?

Quote:
I don't know exactly when all of them were released, not to mention it's 100% irrelevant, but here's a very short, very incomplete list, in no particular order:

Age of Empires III
Rome: Total War
The Lord of the Rings, The Battle for Middle-earth
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne
Doom 3 and expansion
Quake 4
Far Cry
Unreal Torn 2004
Call of Duty
Rpgs-Morrowind/BG1-2/Planscape/Gothic 2/Tales of Symphonia/Final Fantasy VII-X/Suikoden 2-3/Dragon Quest VIII/KOTOR 1-2/etc.,etc.,ect.......
Splinter Cell Chaos Theory
King Kong-Need 360 version though, it's way better even if you have a brute of a PC.
Thief: Deadly Shadows
AVP 2
Need for Speed Most Wanted
Rollercoaster Tycoon 3-Soaked

Dude, this list, if I was actually remotely thorough, would span well over the post size limit and consume far more of my time than I feel up to sacrificing. It goes on forever. The list of most wanted games that haven't released yet is obviously shorter, but it's pretty long too. You've got the idea, though.
This list is just funny... not because the games are bad, but because you complain about Killzone being "tired" and then you go on to list a crapload of games that are all sequels which have barely ANY changes from the original. Yeah... Doom 3 was just OMG SO NU!@#
Mr. Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-06, 04:25 PM   #16
Edge
3d animator for hire!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hunt
This list is just funny... not because the games are bad, but because you complain about Killzone being "tired" and then you go on to list a crapload of games that are all sequels which have barely ANY changes from the original. Yeah... Doom 3 was just OMG SO NU!@#
I'd have to say that Doom 3 was substantially different from Doom 2...
Edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-06, 04:36 PM   #17
slick
Play with conviction.

Quote:
I don't recall him saying that Killzone was tired, rather the grungy atmosphere in which it is set.
Old 02-07-06, 05:11 PM   #18
Lil Sassy
G80

Quote:
Did it ever occur to you that my game playing history may have something to do with me making statements about Killzone 2's "very tired, grungy atmosphere"?

Barely any changes? Play AVP then play AVP2 and say that again with a straight face. I challenge you to do that with the rest of the list as well, besides UT 2k4, which is still great anyway, in my opinion. If what you say is true, then one may as well just get the first game in each series and be done with it, because the rest are the same?

Being a sequal doesn't Jack here, because a good game is still a good game, regardless of whether or not it's part of a series of releases.

You are aware that LOTS of people are feverishly awaiting the arrival of the PS3, right? The reason I asked is that I always thought that if a lot of people liked something, you, by default, would pretend to dislike it. What gives?

Just because the PS3 launch titles appear to be mostly ass doesn't mean I'm not interested in the system. I always end up buying them all, Nintendo included (except for handhelds, which I hate). That's what a gamer does. Hell, I'm buying 2 360s just for Oblivion so me and my girlfriend can play in relaxation.

It's called "Kickin Ass"

Last edited by Lil Sassy; 02-07-06 at 05:31 PM.
Old 02-07-06, 05:22 PM   #19
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

Quote:
Did it ever occur to you that my game playing history may have something to do with me making statements about Killzone 2's "very tired, grungy atmosphere"?

You are aware that LOTS of people are feveishly awaiting the arrival of the PS3, right? The reason I asked is that I always thought that if a lot of people liked something, you, by default, would pretend to dislike it.

Why can't people just buy em all like I do? Just because the PS3 launch titles appear to be mostly ass doesn't mean I'm not interested in the system. Hell, I'm buying 2 360s just for Oblivion so me and my girlfriend can play in relaxation.
Hey jackass, don't act like you know me. If you had read my previous posts, you would know I intend to buy a Xbox 360 eventually, once some decent games come out that don't blow chunks, like the current ones. Only ones that have me interested are coming to PC or PS3 so far... once Ninja Gaiden 2 rolls around or something else, I might have to pick one up, until then, I will stay away. I made the mistake of buying an Xbox before good games came out, and I went a full year without owning ANY xbox games.
Mr. Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-06, 07:21 PM   #20
Lil Sassy
G80

Quote:
Hey jackass, don't act like you know me.
Hey now, save the compliments for the ladies.

I do know you. We all do. In here. We luv ya anyway!

As to the rest of your post, fair enough.

It's called "Kickin Ass"