Go Back   nV News Forums > Linux Support Forums > NVIDIA Linux

Newegg Daily Deals

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-31-06, 06:40 AM   #85
sniart
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6
Default Re: Nvidia 6200 and ATI RS480/482 chipset incompatibilities

I'm with you MMRRMM@terra.es
(pirate) (pirate) (pirate) (pirate) (pirate) (pirate) (pirate) (pirate) (pirate)
sniart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-06, 06:08 AM   #86
MMRRMM@terra.es
deflagmator
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 15
Red face Re: Nvidia 6200 and ATI RS480/482 chipset incompatibilities

Quote:
Originally Posted by netllama
I'm afraid that there's no estimate available at this time.
I see that you released 9629 version. Do you think I should test it in my ubuntu 6.10? Do you think that I can have more stability with this last version?

Do you want that I send to you one nvidia bug-report with this 9629 version?
Do you need any tests?

What I have seen is that with each new version I have less problems. ....
MMRRMM@terra.es is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-06, 09:58 AM   #87
netllama
NVIDIA Corporation
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 8,763
Default Re: Nvidia 6200 and ATI RS480/482 chipset incompatibilities

No explicit fixes were added to 1.0-9629 for the issue reported in this thread, however it certainly wouldn't hurt to test the new driver.

Thanks,
Lonni
netllama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-06, 01:19 PM   #88
MMRRMM@terra.es
deflagmator
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 15
Unhappy Re: Nvidia 6200 and ATI RS480/482 chipset incompatibilities

Quote:
Originally Posted by netllama
No explicit fixes were added to 1.0-9629 for the issue reported in this thread, however it certainly wouldn't hurt to test the new driver.

Thanks,
Lonni
According installation process. No problems. Nvidia-settings application no problems.

Using glxgears with full screen (system crash in few seconds).


We will have to wait your solution.... (soon)
__________________
deflagmator
MMRRMM@terra.es is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-06, 09:41 AM   #89
elinran
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 4
Default Re: Nvidia 6200 and ATI RS480/482 chipset incompatibilities

I stumbled across this forum last night. I have the same problem on an HP a1310n. I added an eGeForce7300GS card and have been trying to find a solution to the system freezing up for the past two weeks. Using Mepis 6 with the 2.6.15-27-k7 kernel and the 1.0.8776 nvidia driver.
elinran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-06, 11:54 AM   #90
MMRRMM@terra.es
deflagmator
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 15
Thumbs up Re: Nvidia 6200 and ATI RS480/482 chipset incompatibilities

Quote:
Originally Posted by elinran
I stumbled across this forum last night. I have the same problem on an HP a1310n. I added an eGeForce7300GS card and have been trying to find a solution to the system freezing up for the past two weeks. Using Mepis 6 with the 2.6.15-27-k7 kernel and the 1.0.8776 nvidia driver.
Hello,

I have checked my kernel boot messages it appears something like this:

...Nov 11 15:08:41 deflagmator kernel: [17179571.140000] PCI: If a device doesn't work, try "pci=routeirq". If it helps, post a report ...

I have booted with this option half an hour ago and I started many instances of glxgears (10 exactly) and for this moment everything work perfect.

If I have any hang I will tell you.

May be I have found the problem...
__________________
deflagmator
MMRRMM@terra.es is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-06, 12:59 PM   #91
elinran
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 4
Default Re: Nvidia 6200 and ATI RS480/482 chipset incompatibilities

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMRRMM@terra.es
Hello,

I have checked my kernel boot messages it appears something like this:

...Nov 11 15:08:41 deflagmator kernel: [17179571.140000] PCI: If a device doesn't work, try "pci=routeirq". If it helps, post a report ...

I have booted with this option half an hour ago and I started many instances of glxgears (10 exactly) and for this moment everything work perfect.

If I have any hang I will tell you.

May be I have found the problem...

I tried pci=routeirq as a boot parameter. glxgears ran at less than half normal speed and crashed the system when I closed it. Hope it is a fix for your system, but does not seem to be one for mine.
elinran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-06, 02:36 PM   #92
MMRRMM@terra.es
deflagmator
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 15
Thumbs down Re: Nvidia 6200 and ATI RS480/482 chipset incompatibilities

Quote:
Originally Posted by elinran
I tried pci=routeirq as a boot parameter. glxgears ran at less than half normal speed and crashed the system when I closed it. Hope it is a fix for your system, but does not seem to be one for mine.
Bad news, finally one system crash after one hour. Sorry....
__________________
deflagmator
MMRRMM@terra.es is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-11-06, 02:58 PM   #93
elinran
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 4
Default Re: Nvidia 6200 and ATI RS480/482 chipset incompatibilities

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMRRMM@terra.es
Bad news, finally one system crash after one hour. Sorry....
Trying pci=biosirq now. fps in glxgears normal speed and closed w/o freezing.
My freezing is so erratic, may be a while before I know anything. I have gone days without a freeze then 3 or 4 in a single day. Mine can freeze while I am typing or not even doing anything with no screensaver even enabled.

Update:
My granddaughter has been playing Tux-Racer for the last hour. Maybe there is hope for this fix??

Last edited by elinran; 11-11-06 at 04:33 PM.
elinran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-06, 05:06 PM   #94
MMRRMM@terra.es
deflagmator
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 15
Default Re: Nvidia 6200 and ATI RS480/482 chipset incompatibilities

Quote:
Originally Posted by elinran
Trying pci=biosirq now. fps in glxgears normal speed and closed w/o freezing.
My freezing is so erratic, may be a while before I know anything. I have gone days without a freeze then 3 or 4 in a single day. Mine can freeze while I am typing or not even doing anything with no screensaver even enabled.

Update:
My granddaughter has been playing Tux-Racer for the last hour. Maybe there is hope for this fix??
I'm going to try it. I will say to you.
__________________
deflagmator
MMRRMM@terra.es is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-06, 04:53 PM   #95
MMRRMM@terra.es
deflagmator
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 15
Smile Re: Nvidia 6200 and ATI RS480/482 chipset incompatibilities

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMRRMM@terra.es
I'm going to try it. I will say to you.
with this option : "pci=usepirqmask,biosirq" I have more stability. More than two hours without crashes, running many glxgears or one glxgears --fullscreen.

It's not perfect but somethig is changing because in dapper I had many system crashes.

Lonni, please, do you know this two parameters? (usepirqmask and biosirq)

__________________
deflagmator
MMRRMM@terra.es is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-06, 04:56 PM   #96
MMRRMM@terra.es
deflagmator
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 15
Arrow Re: Nvidia 6200 and ATI RS480/482 chipset incompatibilities

Quote:
Originally Posted by netllama
No explicit fixes were added to 1.0-9629 for the issue reported in this thread, however it certainly wouldn't hurt to test the new driver.

Thanks,
Lonni
Lonni, can you read my last post? I also have this in my xorg.conf file

Code:
Section "Extensions"
    Option         "Composite" "disable"
EndSection
As I told I feel a lot more stability.
__________________
deflagmator
MMRRMM@terra.es is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:02 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1998 - 2014, nV News.