Go Back   nV News Forums > Linux Support Forums > NVIDIA Linux

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 01-22-03, 01:03 AM   #73
jstjohn

Default IT FIXED

i found out after reading and a day that my kernel_source was not the same as my kernel. So i just updated my whole system and it worked. I used the tar.gz and made very little changes to XF86.config file. It was nice my fps jumped from 245-300 to 2218-2399. Which i love with GTA 3
jstjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-03, 08:50 PM   #74
Qwaz

Default Complete Video Driver Install THAT WORKS

I take no credit on this how-to, But I do attest that IT WORKS FLAWLESSLY!!!

http://www.speculation.org/garrick/nvidiainstall.txt

P.s. This is written with Mandrake in mind, Not one of the other Distro's & is mean to be used from a fresh install NO driver attempts prior.

Good luck & I hope it makes Your system run as well as it did mine!!!!!
Qwaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-03, 10:17 PM   #75
illuzion

Default the old modversions.h problem :(

Hi

I'm running debian 3r1 at the moment, and have run into what I gather is a common problem, the nvidia install script halting because it couldn't find modversions.h. Unfortunately finding a solution isn't as easy as finding that it's a common problem

I ran apt-cache search kernel-headers, which told me of 'kernel-package'. Then I ran apt-get install kernel-package which, I guess, installed all the required kernel stuff. I don't know where it installed it to, though.

However, even with this, the install script bombs out because of modversions.h.

Can anyone tell me where to find this file, and how to get the nvidia install to find it?

Thanks,
David
illuzion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-03, 10:19 PM   #76
illuzion

I forgot to add, I don't seem to have a usr/src/linux directory. However, I do have a usr/src/kernel(version numbers etc)/ directory, and inside that an include/linux directory... but there is no modversions.h in there.
illuzion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-03, 10:29 PM   #77
alix_patterson

Send a message via AIM to alix_patterson
Angry ARGH!!!!

I ran nv_check with following result;

The NVdriver kernel module does not seem to be loaded. The 3D drivers will not work without it...please compile it for your kernel, set it up to insert the module on boot, then run this script again.

I understand the basic idea, but I am at a loss for how to do what it is telling me. I am very new to this. I am also very and certain that NVIDIA is : but they make the best hardware.
Nvidia Geforce 2 mx400
MSI K7t pro 2-A
Duron 750
382 mb ram
Viewsonic A70f+

Last edited by alix_patterson; 03-13-03 at 11:30 PM.
alix_patterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-03, 05:39 AM   #78
Koba

Default libglx

I install drivers for my Riva TNT2 Pro and... X crashed at loading libglx. At XFConfig-4 full path to lib in section "Modules", and libglx is NVidia library. What can I do with glx?
Koba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-03, 07:44 AM   #79
jackangel

All of you people are encouraged to ask nvidia to release all their linux/freebsd drivers as open source. I've created an online petition where you can sign it, later I'll send it to NVIDIA by snail-mail. Please, consider it seriously, it's very important issue. If we can get NVIDIA release their drivers open-source, kernel hackers will quickly fix many bugs and boost their performance, also possibly simplifying installation process or converting the driver architecture to standard DRI.

Here's the petition:
http://www.petitiononline.com/hwopennv/petition.html
jackangel is offline   Reply With Quote