Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 08-26-05, 06:47 AM   #1
Killall
goodmorning mr. Freeman

Default Check out this cyberpunk mmorpg.. Neocron 2

Neocron 2

If u are sick of fairies and happy happy joy joy gaming, u should check this game out. Played EQ2 for more than six months but nothing beats the immersiveness of Neocron. Just check it out, it isnt state of the art graphics but isnt bad looking either. A really good setup tradeskill system, rare weapons/items system like ive never seen in another game be4. There are so many "lives" u can live in this game so u wont get bored easily. But due to poor advertizment many people never heard of this game.. so hence this topic. Server is becoming al lot more active since they released Neocron 2 box version in US and Europe, and the merge of 2 servers.

Theres a 14 day trail account so u can test the full game for free.
2x1024 mb Corsair PC6400C4
2x80G Maxtor HD's, SATA, Raid 0
Creative Audigy 2 ZS, 5.1 Speaker setup
Iyama MA203DT
And a ****load of games
Killall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-05, 07:12 AM   #2
|MaguS|

Default Re: Check out this cyberpunk mmorpg.. Neocron 2

LOL Neocron is one of the biggest piles of craps out there... I beta Tested the Original and wasn invited to test the second one but didn't considering that the "sequel" is nothing more then the planned expansion for the original as a standalone.
Old 08-26-05, 08:59 AM   #3
Killall
goodmorning mr. Freeman

U are intitled to your opinion.. i see no arguments made why u find it crapp.. the game does have its bugs... amongs them is the synchronizing issues.
But if u can see past that its a very good game. I see no other game come near the advanced system of tradeskilling and setting up your character as u want to like in this game. Its an FPS game in a mmorpg world designed in a future setting where all the cyberpunk elements perfectly implemented.

But hey if u like point and click and get bored cause there is no skill involved..
Just give the game a whirl.. its free 14 days mayb ull actually like it.
Iyama MA203DT
And a ****load of games
Old 08-27-05, 12:44 AM   #4
gram_vaz
Cybersix

i'll give it a try. hope it's another gem like eve online.
gram_vaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-05, 12:57 AM   #5
CaptNKILL
CUBE

Oh my god i love broadband... the download is 1.6gigs, but it sounds cool, so I started the download. I thought it said 1 day and 18 hours, then i realized it was 1 hours and 18 minutes... freakin amazing ... sure it slowed down after that, but still 2:35 is not bad at ALL for a download of that size.

I played the original Neocron offline demo years ago and wasnt impressed at all (in fact it was quite bad) but the idea was great... im hoping this one uses some of that potential.

EDIT: Be warned
You have to use your credit card to play this trial and it will be automatically charged if you dont end your account within the 14 day trial period. Wish they would have mentioned this somewhere in the downloading process because I dont even own a credit card and I dont know if I want to ask mommy to let me use her card so I can test an online game. I realize its intended to be a trap to get people to stay with the game, but man... why not freaking tell us about it? Thats a huge download, id be pissed if I had waited hours and hours and then didnt have a credit card at all.

EDIT2: Also, I have yet to see anything about subscription prices in USD...

EDIT3: Its a 10 day trial, not 14 day... you have to get the 14 day trial key code from a magazine.

Man, what a waste of a download this was... I really wanted to play, but its really too much of a pain in the ass to convince my mom that this is reliable (which I really dont know for sure myself... I mean they dont even tell the subscription fees anywhere) and then set up the account and then have to cancel later.
ASUS VW266H 25.5" LCD - OCZ GameXStream 700W PSU - ASUS Xonar DX - Logitech Z-5500 5.1 Surround - Windows 7 Professional x64
---- HTPC ---- Asus M3A78-EM 780G - AMD Athlon X2 5050e 45W @ 2.6Ghz - 2x2GB Kingston PC2-6400 DDR2 - Sparkle 350W PSU
Seagate 7200.10 320Gb SATA - Seagate 7200.10 250Gb SATA - Athenatech A100BB.350 MicroATX Desktop - Creative X-Fi XtremeMusic
CaptNKILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-05, 11:48 AM   #6
CaptNKILL
CUBE

Uhm.. yeah, f*ck this... during the (extremely long) update process, my computer clicked and I got a PFN_LIST_CORRUPT blue screen error and had to shut down. I havent had a bluescreen on this system since I was messing with my overclocks a month and a half ago, so I know its this game.

I think I'll just save myself a lot of trouble (and hard drive space) and delete it now
ASUS VW266H 25.5" LCD - OCZ GameXStream 700W PSU - ASUS Xonar DX - Logitech Z-5500 5.1 Surround - Windows 7 Professional x64
---- HTPC ---- Asus M3A78-EM 780G - AMD Athlon X2 5050e 45W @ 2.6Ghz - 2x2GB Kingston PC2-6400 DDR2 - Sparkle 350W PSU
Seagate 7200.10 320Gb SATA - Seagate 7200.10 250Gb SATA - Athenatech A100BB.350 MicroATX Desktop - Creative X-Fi XtremeMusic
CaptNKILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-05, 06:10 AM   #7
Killall
goodmorning mr. Freeman

That error is weird, never had that happen to me be4, it must be your pc. Since me and a friend have not had this. (clicking is a HD dieing..? ).

U can manually download half the patches from

Neocron 2 patchez

I forgot about that creditcard part wich is annoying. Theres an offline demo as well, but doesnt represent the full game.

The reason why i made this thread is... ive been a loooong time gamer and when i see a good game with lots of potential id like to share it with people. The word sex is an emote.. they never heard of an profanity filter... NPC's say **** OFF regularly to u :P Or just wanna capp urr ass. This game isnt ment for people who start to whine and quit when they find themselfs face down in the dirt.

Pics:

Some movies on this site :
http://www.rpgplanet.com/neocron/movies/index.asp#pvp
Iyama MA203DT
And a ****load of games
Old 01-18-06, 09:37 AM   #8
Killall
goodmorning mr. Freeman

Neocron has had a big update last december.. Its called Evo 2.1.
Big graphics update, gameplay updates, new weaponmodels and more stuff.
Seems like Reakktor has been buzy, and still are cause Evo 2.2 is coming with more stuff. Anyways, 10 day free trail is still there

Iyama MA203DT
And a ****load of games

Old 01-19-06, 03:10 AM   #9
emailthatguy

i played ao for years, and i know what it is to be in your shoes wanting to like a game etc that isnt fantasy. i went thru the same thing. but here are the facts about this game in particular.

its 2006 and theyre still using at the core a hobbyists 3d engine. a bitmap skybox w/ an overbright light source just doesnt cut it anymore. it didnt cut it last year either.

the combat system is pretty weak. little thought went into it, hence why so few professions.

people touted the pvp system in this game for years. i was there at its peak, and its lows. but realistically, thats ALL there is to do unless you want to get groups to kill the same 4 mob types over and over.

the sounds in this game are laughable. a rifle shouldnt sound like an air soft.

the animations are low frame and very choppy at that. seriously they would have been better off just importing stuff thats available for free for poser3d. but then again, i dont even think this engine can take poser animations. which is sad considering, poser aint all that great.

i hate fantasy crap too i hear ya there i really do. i tried going back to ao recently, and while its still a great game, im just not feeling the playerbase w/ the addition of the freebie account people. it kinda just let the floodgates of riff raff in.

i hadnt tried city of heroes since they added city of villians and let me tell you something about that game. i havent seen a more balanced, content rich game in a long time and furthermore, i havent had this much fun since 2002. although a lot of people hated enhancement diversification that the last major publish rolled out, it did add a lot of depth to character skill planning i think. not in a more options way, but having had some of the more no brainer builds made worthless, people HAD to get creative to keep their characters viable and thats a good thing. with the addition of zeb cook (lord recluse) to the design team the game has gotten deeper and more balanced. rightly so, hes the guy that wrote advanced dungeons and dragons second edition for tsr as well as a ton of the more popular module systems in the various d and d universes. also did a lot of cool work on d20 system games. the engine is rich with shaders and is opengl, also uses the ageia novodex physics engine which also means, the game is ready for physx cards that are coming out hopefully soon. but the big thing is its ready TODAY.

neocron couldnt ever hope to have as much content, an engine as advanced, nor could even at its peak dream to have as many players as all its old servers used to have (4 i believe?) as 1 coh/cov server has on its slowest day.

you should give it a shot, i think youll have more fun. ive played neocron on and off for a long time and i just hate the thought of any nvnews member running around only to be teleport camped when they actually wanna do sometihng, or end up in pepper park going "wow, low res boobies" because every place they might want to go is camped to hell and back.

you should give it a try
No more ati | Athlon64 X2 6000+ Black | Asrock Mobo | 4GB RAM | 250 GB Maxtor Sata | Soundblaster X-fi XtremeGamer | EVGA 8800 GTS | HP w1907 Monitor | Logitech Z-680 Speakers | Audiovox PNP3 Sirius Satellite Radio Tuner | Sidewinder Mouse| Vista Home Premium | Logitech G15 Keyboard
emailthatguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-06, 04:12 AM   #10
Killall
goodmorning mr. Freeman

Tbh the game DOES look good, Combat system is REALLY good unless u dont know what u are doing.

Its all about how u setup your character, and how u setup your resists against attacks. This system goes very deep. I cannot explain all the things u can do cause its simply too much.

U say there are only 4 classes. Each of these classes can be used for a viarity of things.

Example, A spy... he can be a tradeskiller, a driver, pistol combat person, rifle combat person, hacknet person and it will take alot of fiddling aroud with your setup as a character will u ever gonna be able to kill other runners.

Ive never played City of villains be4, simple cause i passed the age of 12 years old and superman doesnt seem to be super any more.

And trust me, i played EQ2 (and more mmorpgs) on high details and crapp.. it pales compared to nc2.1 cause that game isnt complex, offers nothing, u make a barbarian.. umm what can i do.. umm nothing.. lvl up, get premade skills... tilll u cant lvl no more.. quit game.. lol thats how u guys like it...

Andway this thread has been made completely useless, thanks to kind people of nvnews.. Mods delete this threat since it doesnt represent Nc2.1 as it should be. People making comments that played this game for like 30mins should stfu and get back to playing WoW.

And if u get an error while installing and u blame NC for it... ROFL (problem clearly lies between chair and keybord). Bunch of noobs..
Iyama MA203DT
And a ****load of games
Old 01-19-06, 06:41 AM   #11
emailthatguy

ok firstly you have no idea how many flippin hours i spent blueprinting weapons for people in that game. no clue at all. ive forgotten more than you know about that game today. i dont need you to tell me what a spy is for. especially considering i played one on and off for 2.5 years.

i never brought up eq2, i thought it sucked too. if you had even bothered to read my post at all youd notice i pointed out how i understand what its like to hate fantasy games.

the 12 year old comment was a stab. today was my 32nd birthday. yeah happy birthday to me from you i guess.

if you cant handle an intelligent discussion and then wanna storm outta here because someone made an intelligent argument on a discussion forum. dont let the door hit you on the way out.
No more ati | Athlon64 X2 6000+ Black | Asrock Mobo | 4GB RAM | 250 GB Maxtor Sata | Soundblaster X-fi XtremeGamer | EVGA 8800 GTS | HP w1907 Monitor | Logitech Z-680 Speakers | Audiovox PNP3 Sirius Satellite Radio Tuner | Sidewinder Mouse| Vista Home Premium | Logitech G15 Keyboard
emailthatguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-06, 10:09 AM   #12
Killall
goodmorning mr. Freeman

Ok mayb i came off a bit hard on u, but look at them posts here.. Its like im dealing with actuall 12 year olds, that dont have a creditcard then start to post here that the game isnt worth your time.
Then u come and say go play CoV... Now thats what i didnt want hear in this thread after all the "usefull" critisism of some people.

Anyways, enjoy your birthday and enjoy your time in CoV. Superheroes FTW !!!

Edit : its 2006 and theyre still using at the core a hobbyists 3d engine. a bitmap skybox w/ an overbright light source just doesnt cut it anymore. it didnt cut it last year either.

the combat system is pretty weak. little thought went into it, hence why so few professions.

people touted the pvp system in this game for years. i was there at its peak, and its lows. but realistically, thats ALL there is to do unless you want to get groups to kill the same 4 mob types over and over.

the sounds in this game are laughable. a rifle shouldnt sound like an air soft.

the animations are low frame and very choppy at that. seriously they would have been better off just importing stuff thats available for free for poser3d. but then again, i dont even think this engine can take poser animations. which is sad considering, poser aint all that great.

Uve never seen NC2(.1) as i gather it. Theres absolutly nothing wrong with the sounds (wich have been improved as well with 2.1). The enemy mobs animations could be better i agree. PvP system being weak? Of all the comments u made this 1 seems weird since the whole game revolves around the pvp system it has. Then u say theres is no more than pvp besides killing the same mobs. There are new zones, new mobs, and killing the same mobs goes for WoW, EQ2 and probably CoV as well. This very pvp thing goes so deep in how to setup your character to be effective in pvp.
Did u take a look at the new screenshots? They actually revamped the engine, using compressed textures, a whole new landscape for all wasteland zones with new trees, grass, ground textures, shadows are being cast on models.

Ugly skybox? i need glasses perhaps, this skybox dynamically changes to any weather effect, even snow (yes thats new as well), i see clouds moving below "the overbrighted" lightbox..i dunno it looks stunning to me.

Dude have u even played nc2(.1)? Seems like u only played nc1 wich was fun as well, u spend 2.5 years on it...
Iyama MA203DT
And a ****load of games

Last edited by Killall; 01-20-06 at 06:08 AM.