Go Back   nV News Forums > Website Related > Feedback Forum

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 03-20-06, 02:46 PM   #25
MikeC
Administrator

Default Re: The board was down for everyone, right?

I'm not sure of the real reasons the site was down all day yesterday. It took 14 hours for the Planet to answer my trouble ticket updates and they only did today when I had my wife call because I was at work. They had us online within 20 minutes.

Anyone know of any good managed hosting services? I know they cost an arm and a leg but by the time you give up your day off, bug your admin visiting his parents and piss around with a company that has no intention of answering you on a Sunday afternoon it is worth it.
MikeC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-06, 04:41 PM   #26
Son Goku

Not sure of who you might use, but this wasn't the only site which was down yesterday, which is why at first I was wondering if something was going on with my connection going out... One site today is still down

http://attribution.cpdn.org/

and my distributed computing app is still trying, unsecessfully to report in to get a "no schedulers responded error"... The stat site for these various projects

http://www.boincstats.com/

was also down, but like this site came back up... Probably entirely incidental and unrelated though...

At least it's back up for now; though some routing problem through the Internet (likely with your ISP from sound of it) is one thing I was scratching my head on and thinking about yesterday... Can't say that's what it was though...
Son Goku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-06, 06:43 PM   #27
Nutty
Sittin in the Sun

Send a message via MSN to Nutty

Some ISP's in UK had some weird name server problems too yesterday.. it borked my router for 10 minutes.. Think somat weird is going on
Nutty is offline   Reply With Quote