Go Back   nV News Forums > Website Related > Feedback Forum

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 04-04-06, 11:05 AM   #49
Telomerase

Default Re: Why isn't the NVnews logo green?

Quote:
Originally Posted by keith33
Here's a revision without the logo.

Edit: Oh $***, forgot to save the editable file of the different colours for print etc. meh, I'll redo them later.
NVIDIA's logo still persists in the background of the bigger logo.

Telomerase is an enzyme that adds telomere repeat sequences to the 3' end of DNA strands. By lengthening this strand DNA polymerase is able to complete the synthesis of the "incomplete ends" of the opposite strand.
Telomerase:

* is a ribonucleoprotein;
* Its single RNA molecule provides an AAUCCC (in mammals) template to guide the insertion of TTAGGG.
* Its protein component called TERT ("TElomere Reverse Transcriptase") provides the catalytic action.
* Thus telomerase is a reverse transcriptase; synthesizing DNA from an RNA template.
Telomerase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-06, 05:47 PM   #50
keith33
Is Alive!

Send a message via MSN to keith33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telomerase
NVIDIA's logo still persists in the background of the bigger logo.
The background is not part of the logo.

Everyone: If MikeC asks to see a modification without the notch, I'll do it as soon as possible.
Mobile: HTC Touch Cruise
keith33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-06, 08:14 PM   #51
SLippe
R.I.P. Babe Thread

Size XXL please and in either white, green, blue, crimson or black, anything but burnt orange for us Sooner fans. And yes, I like the logo without the notch in the V.
SLippe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-06, 08:50 PM   #52
Telomerase

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLippe
Size XXL please and in either white, green, blue, crimson or black, anything but burnt orange for us Sooner fans. And yes, I like the logo without the notch in the V.
you're a big man :-P

Telomerase is an enzyme that adds telomere repeat sequences to the 3' end of DNA strands. By lengthening this strand DNA polymerase is able to complete the synthesis of the "incomplete ends" of the opposite strand.
Telomerase:

* Its single RNA molecule provides an AAUCCC (in mammals) template to guide the insertion of TTAGGG.
* Its protein component called TERT ("TElomere Reverse Transcriptase") provides the catalytic action.
* Thus telomerase is a reverse transcriptase; synthesizing DNA from an RNA template.
Old 04-06-06, 02:13 PM   #53
SLippe
R.I.P. Babe Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telomerase
you're a big man :-P
6' 1" @ 225lbs
SLippe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-06, 07:34 PM   #54
Telomerase

wtf, i'm 5'11 220lbs ... i guess you may have a body type that is more flattering to the
XXL. i tend to wear M-L at the most, because i simply don't think i pull off overly large shirts with my build :-\

Telomerase:

Old 04-06-06, 07:47 PM   #55
a12ctic

Im 5 10 and weigh only 115
Old 04-07-06, 07:41 AM   #56
Superfly
Retired

shame this has'nt been taken any further, current web site looks old and tierd.

Old 04-07-06, 09:56 AM   #57
MikeC
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superfly
shame this has'nt been taken any further, current web site looks old and tierd.
I could spend the money I had for site t-shirts and have someone work on redesigning the site. It wouldn't be enough though. It is easy to say what should be done and what others should do but there is a limit to the resources the site has to work with. There's also a limit to the amount of time I have to devote to the site.
MikeC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-06, 10:26 AM   #58
Superfly
Retired

It was'nt a dig Mike, far from it.

Im a family man myself and understand the resource/time issue.

Perhaps if there was a system wereby we could donate or offer services/funds to NVNews things like this could be realized more often???

Old 04-07-06, 10:36 AM   #59
superklye

I think Gib has a service like that, but you should probably get tested before AND after signing up for anything he has to offer...

superklye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-06, 11:41 AM   #60
Telomerase

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeC
I could spend the money I had for site t-shirts and have someone work on redesigning the site. It wouldn't be enough though. It is easy to say what should be done and what others should do but there is a limit to the resources the site has to work with. There's also a limit to the amount of time I have to devote to the site.
many fathers out there have jobs that are more laborise than you. not to mention many truck drivers spend countless entire days away from their family, but they manage quite well. i am not disrespecting you, but i do grow tired of seeing that excuse being brought up. it could be said that it's almost turning into a cliche. if it's really that much of a balancing act, then perhaps your personal life is more important. please, do not misinterpret my argument as i'm not trying to start any flames or hurt anybodies feelings.

Telomerase: