Go Back   nV News Forums > Website Related > Feedback Forum

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 04-07-06, 12:21 PM   #61
OWA

Default Re: Why isn't the NVnews logo green?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telomerase
many fathers out there have jobs that are more laborise than you. not to mention many truck drivers spend countless entire days away from their family, but they manage quite well. i am not disrespecting you, but i do grow tired of seeing that excuse being brought up. it could be said that it's almost turning into a cliche. if it's really that much of a balancing act, then perhaps your personal life is more important. please, do not misinterpret my argument as i'm not trying to start any flames or hurt anybodies feelings.
Right, you're just being a jack*ss but heh, don't mean anything by it? It also tiresome to see how people can be so ungrateful for the time spent maintaining the site, keeping it a place we enjoy hanging out at, and keeping us up-to-date with the latest technology. If you're not happy with the site and are tired of hearing the excuses, might I suggest you move along to another site where you can be happier. That way, we're all much happier.

Last edited by OWA; 04-07-06 at 02:52 PM.
OWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-06, 12:30 PM   #62
superklye

Quote:
Originally Posted by OWA
Right, you're just being a jack*ss but heh, don't mean anything by it? It also tiresome to see how people can be so ungrateful for the time spent maintaining the site, keeping it a place we enjoy hanging out, and keeping us up-to-date with the latest technology. If you're not happy with the site and are tired of hearing the excuses, might I suggest you move along to another site where you can be happier. That way, we're all much happier.
Yeah, thanks OWA. I'm sick of people who have never run or designed a website before talk as though it's like just as easy as turning on your computer and opening MS Word. It's not. Maintaining a website, even a small one, is a VERY large chore and requires a lot of time.

Does it matter if someone is out driving a truck for three days straight or is at work from 8am-5pm and then working on a website in their home office from 6p-midnight every night? Either way: they aren't spending time with their family, nor are they doing anything but work. Just because this job requires sitting in front of a screen on the internet, it doesn't mean it's any easier or any less time consuming.

And when you DO maintain and design websites, and people know you, they expect you to make them a website, for free. And they tell their friends and so on and so forth. Being knowledgable about computers and having the public aware of it is one of the biggest curses on mankind. People expect you to come and fix every problem they have and to do it when they want you to, as though you have nothing better to do than sit around and wait for someone to ask your help.

Have a little respect, especially when you're commenting on something you have no business commenting on.
superklye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-06, 01:23 PM   #63
MikeC
Administrator

Quote:
many fathers out there have jobs that are more laborise than you. not to mention many truck drivers spend countless entire days away from their family, but they manage quite well. i am not disrespecting you, but i do grow tired of seeing that excuse being brought up. it could be said that it's almost turning into a cliche. if it's really that much of a balancing act, then perhaps your personal life is more important. please, do not misinterpret my argument as i'm not trying to start any flames or hurt anybodies feelings.
Nobody owes you nothing in this world so don't expect people to do things because you think it should be done. Didn't your father ever teach you that? If you're not complaining about me giving my staff Christmas gifts your complaining because we don't make news here daily. Start your own site and run it the way you think it should be and shut up trying to tell others what to do. Why are you here at an NVIDIA fansite you hate NVIDIA, you hate the site, you hate me and you hate Linux drivers???? You're a miserable person that wants others to be as miserable as you. I've had enough of your complaining. If you don't know how to act in the forums you will have to leave. I banned you once and have listened to your complaints for a while now and enough is enough. Thunderbird is still going to moderate my Linux forums and I am going to give him another Christmas gift next year so freak out all you want.
MikeC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-06, 02:51 PM   #64
jAkUp
eat. sleep. overclock.

Quote:
Why do you think that nVnews.net owes you anything? If you really dislike the site, why are you here?

The site is free to you! You don't pay a dime for the news, and boards here, why does nvnews.net owe you more?

I just can't understand this.

It aint easy running a site like this, especially a site this large, the servers were just upgraded, Mike just gave away a 7800GTX 512, this site is very giving to the community. He didn't have to do any of that!
Old 04-07-06, 03:04 PM   #65
BeaverOne
*BANNED*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeC
Nobody owes you nothing in this world so don't expect people to do things because you think it should be done. Didn't your father ever teach you that? If you're not complaining about me giving my staff Christmas gifts your complaining because we don't make news here daily. Start your own site and run it the way you think it should be and shut up trying to tell others what to do. Why are you here at an NVIDIA fansite you hate NVIDIA, you hate the site, you hate me and you hate Linux drivers???? You're a miserable person that wants others to be as miserable as you. I've had enough of your complaining. If you don't know how to act in the forums you will have to leave. I banned you once and have listened to your complaints for a while now and enough is enough. Thunderbird is still going to moderate my Linux forums and I am going to give him another Christmas gift next year so freak out all you want.
such a graceful use of the english language. "Nobody owes you nothing," i am very impressed. from the response i got it seems as if i hit a nerve. you flew right off the handle. exploded and banned me, how just. at least i'm capable of employing my native language better than you. perhaps in the near future i'll be mailing a hardcopy of a real accomplishment in life a Ph.D in chemistry. i could care less about your arguments against me as they are even more childish than my initial rant. you're completely wrong on most aspects of it anyhow. everything you said was an assumption based on misinterpretation. i supposedly hate NVIDIA even though i own multiple NVIDIA products AND use Linux? nice contradiction. i am neither fanboy of ATI or NVIDIA, i use what's best at any given time per application.
BeaverOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-06, 03:22 PM   #66
jAkUp
eat. sleep. overclock.

Funny how they always have to bring up the mistakes in english as a witty comeback. Are message board posts required to have 120% proper English to prove a valid point? I think not.

Mike has been running Nvnews.net for over 6 years, I consider that quite an acomplishment.

Do me a favor Telomerase, put your PHD to work and upgrade that 430w Antec PSU
Old 04-07-06, 03:30 PM   #67
MikeC
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeaverOne
such a graceful use of the english language. "Nobody owes you nothing," i am very impressed. from the response i got it seems as if i hit a nerve. you flew right off the handle. exploded and banned me, how just. at least i'm capable of employing my native language better than you. perhaps in the near future i'll be mailing a hardcopy of a real accomplishment in life a Ph.D in chemistry. i could care less about your arguments against me as they are even more childish than my initial rant. you're completely wrong on most aspects of it anyhow. everything you said was an assumption based on misinterpretation. i supposedly hate NVIDIA even though i own multiple NVIDIA products AND use Linux? nice contradiction. i am neither fanboy of ATI or NVIDIA, i use what's best at any given time per application.
You are an ATI fanboy and a miserable one at that. Your biggest mistake was to think we had to be miserable with you.
MikeC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-06, 04:01 PM   #68
Spyke
Foxie

Send a message via AIM to Spyke Send a message via MSN to Spyke Send a message via Yahoo to Spyke

Meh. :/
12GB Corsair Dominator GT @ 8-8-8-24-1T DDR3-1600 | Onkyo TX SR-707 | 70" Sharp Aquos LCD | KEF Audio 5.1 C3/C6LCR/C7
Workstation:
Intel i7 920 D0 @ 4GHz | ASUS Rampage II Extreme | GTX 480 @ 800Mhz | Koolance VID-NX480 | Lian-Li V1200B | Corsair HX1000
EK NB ASUS HP | Watercool HeatKiller 3.0 | Feser Extreme X-360 | 2x160GB Intel X25-M SSD RAID0 | 4x2TB WD20EARS RAID10
12GB Corsair Dominator @ 8-8-8-24-1T DDR3-1600 | Creative X-Fi Titanium | Pioneer DVR-212D | Gentoo Linux
Dell 3008WFP | JohnBlue JB3 | CityPulse DA2.03e II DAC | KingRex T20U w/ Modded Auricaps & PSU | Glow Audio Sub One
Server:
Quad Socket Opteron 8356 (16 cores) @ 2.3GHz | Supermicro H8QMi-2 | Supermicro 2U Chassis | Redundant 1200W PSU
32GB 2GBx16 DDR2-667 ECC | 4x 300GB Cheetah SAS RAID10 | Adaptec 5805 512MB w/BBU | Colocated | Gentoo Linux
Spyke is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-07-06, 07:44 PM   #69
keith33
Is Alive!

Send a message via MSN to keith33

This site has one of the fastest servers on the net, it loads 7 times faster than [H], and 12 times faster than Rage sans the prepubescent fanboys and chronic wankers, why? Because people like MikeC actually invest money and time to make sure this site runs smoothly, I'm on this site at least 3 hours a day and sometimes its the only reason I wake up on weekends, so if anything we all owe NVnews and not the other way around. Without this site I would have a Dell with onboard graphics playing CS Source at 800x600. I apologize for even trying to make a damn logo, I didn't know it would provoke all the flamers, I just wanted to contribute in a little way to this place.

BTW, douche bag, my mom has a Ph.D in Organic Chemistry and I'll have a Masters in Engineering Physics in a few years, rubbing in the fact that you have an education just shows that's all you have and when you're too stupid to come up with reasonable arguments you flaunt it in people's faces, there are a lot of educated people on this forum and just because they CHOOSE not to put the effort into impeccable grammar when posting in a leisurely forum certainly doesn't hold a breath to what they know.
Mobile: HTC Touch Cruise
keith33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-06, 08:42 PM   #70
Clay

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeaverOne
Who in the world are you to critique proper use of the English language? I point to your quoted post which has more grammatical errors than I care to metion. Yeeesh! Netspeak is very quick by nature and riddled with errors. Get over yourself.

I personally believe that us americans are unable to do so because osama.

People out there in our nation don't have that, And I believe that our education like such as south africa and such as the Iraq.

everywhere "such as". And I believe our education should help the US should help the south africa and the iraq and the asian countries so we can build up our future.
-- Miss Teen South Carolina

Clay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-06, 10:49 PM   #71
superklye

Quote:
Originally Posted by keith33
BTW, douche bag, my mom has a Ph.D in Organic Chemistry and I'll have a Masters in Engineering Physics in a few years, rubbing in the fact that you have an education just shows that's all you have and when you're too stupid to come up with reasonable arguments you flaunt it in people's faces, there are a lot of educated people on this forum and just because they CHOOSE not to put the effort into impeccable grammar when posting in a leisurely forum certainly doesn't hold a breath to what they know.
You, sir, are amazing.
superklye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-06, 11:34 PM   #72
Q

Damn...I'm late to the party.

I have to say it though.... I HATE THIS SITE!!!

If it wasn't for this G-d DAMNED site I'd have my room cleaned, my homework done, and my girlfriend satisfied.

It's like that Afro Man song...

"I was gonna clean my room until I got NvNews
I gonna get up and find the broom but then I got Nvnews
My room is still messed up and I know why (why man) yeah hey
'Cos I got NvNews
'Cos I got NvNews
'Cos I got NvNews"
Q is offline   Reply With Quote