Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 04-17-06, 05:51 AM   #457
tertsi
www.fornvidiots.net

Default Re: Oblivion Tweaking

Quote:
Originally Posted by killahsin
Those are some definatly interesting screens there tersi. With the post filter does that enchance the existing hdrr or replace it ? If it replaces it does it do all the same, effects?
Enchance the existing hdr, bloom, glow etc.
tertsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-06, 06:08 AM   #458
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by tertsi
Enchance the existing hdr, bloom, glow etc.
Can ya send me a PM how to do what you did, I have no clue how to use DXTweaker... Never used it before.
Old 04-17-06, 09:28 AM   #459
Pegasus*

i know how to fix this all!!!
download the fake HDR mod which uses shader model 2.0 HDR but still looks amazing and use regular AA at the same time
http://www.tessource.net/files/file.php?id=2773

enjoy xD
im officially the god of tweaking!!!
Pegasus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-06, 10:00 AM   #460
|MaguS|

So it wont look as good as HDR plus its a larger performance hit... sorry but no.
Old 04-17-06, 12:00 PM   #461
Pegasus*

magus have u tried it? um no
get ur facts together before u say anything, assuming stuff can make u look like an idiot

There is NO performance hit, u can turn it on and off ingame and there is no hit at all, also there is hardly a visual difference between sm2 hdr and "true" hdr and the performance gain is worth it, its like having the amazing performance of bloom with the visuals of HDR, dont knock stuff down if u know NOTHING about it
Old 04-17-06, 12:30 PM   #462
glObalist
working as intended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pegasus*
get ur facts together before u say anything, assuming stuff can make u look like an idiot

There is NO performance hit, u can turn it on and off ingame and there is no hit at all, also there is hardly a visual difference between sm2 hdr and "true" hdr and the performance gain is worth it, its like having the amazing performance of bloom with the visuals of HDR, dont knock stuff down if u know NOTHING about it
Umm this straight from the readme:

"This mod adds a fake HDR effect usable by anyone with a sm2.0 graphics card, and which is also fully comptable with AA. There is a speed hit, and it probably doesn't look as good as the real thing either. (Since I don't have a sm3.0 graphics card, and can barely play oblivion without it CTDing anyway, I cant see what the real thing looks like.)"
Quote:
All MMO's are now baby-school weak. The only good MMO's make your eyes bleed and force you to eat glass. In my day we had to walk uphill in the snow 5 miles *JUST* to log in.
glObalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-06, 12:33 PM   #463
|MaguS|

Quote:

Hey noob, This trick has been posted before and with Superfly trying it out and stating how it runs is more then enough for me not to try it. Go troll somewhere else...

Heres the previous thread about it with two people saying how bad it runs. The creator himself also states it runs poor and doesn't look as good as HDr due to overbrightness and washed out looks.
http://nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=68280
Old 04-17-06, 03:35 PM   #464
nippyjun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackrabbit710
Tried the Multi Threading Tweaks and it instantly Felt smoother! I could also tell it was doing better because my SLI bars would be nearly always maxed, where they used to go a lot smaller because of the CPU bottle neck.

I Also was having terrible Stuttering through dense grass, when I turned the grass off, the game ran far far smoother. I found out my problem was anistopic filtering! It really was denting the performance, so i knocked it down from 8x to 4x and now it runs absolutely stunning!

So for you lot quickly scanning through this thread -> TURN YOUR AF DOWN!!!

Have fun!

*EDIT* I also enabled these 3 things in the profile which seamed to speed up anistropic filtering with next to no quality loss. trillinear optimisations, anistropic sample optimisations and Negative LOD bias set to allow. Try it and let me know what you think
When you mean "SLI Bars" Do you mean the load balancing bars? I don't see them when i run oblivion but i do when i run other games. Is it possible that i'm only using one of my 2 vid cars when Oblivion runs? I'm using the 84.25 drivers. Is there another way to see if sli is working on this game.
nippyjun is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-17-06, 03:55 PM   #465
Pegasus*

=/ doesnt give me any performance hit at all o_o
omgwtfpwnedroflhaxlol?
im using it and ive had no performance hit at all
o well, u still coulda knocked me down a little more gently instead of saying OMG NO IT LOOKS GAY
Old 04-18-06, 05:04 PM   #466
killahsin

Actually not to jumpd own anyones throat as both of you are right. The method the guy is using now is quite different then the original method he was using. He has increased the eprformance of the 2.0 hdr by a great deal, but because its a hook it still will give you a massive perf hit if your running a low end single core solution. Also it has been tweaked a great deal by people who can run hdr in order to get it as close to resembling the original hdr as possible as it can by this method.

so you both are right, just at wrong time frames. The major point of this was for x800 style cards who werent allowed to run hdr by bethseda, and so he devised this dll hook for them. and also for those who wanted hdr/aa but thatw as more of a side thing.
2 x msi 9600 gt oc's @ 760x1950.
4 gigs ram.
R.I.P. Ritual
killahsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-06, 05:10 PM   #467
Pegasus*

thx for that killashin
ja its a great mod for my x800 pro, ive got aa at 2x with stunning HDR which doesnt hit my performance at all so im happy lol
Old 04-21-06, 06:35 PM   #468
OWA

Quote:
thx for that killashin
ja its a great mod for my x800 pro, ive got aa at 2x with stunning HDR which doesnt hit my performance at all so im happy lol
I guess I'll give it a shot just to see what it looks like (see how it compares to actual HDR or whatever). Is it easy to uninstall?
OWA is offline   Reply With Quote