Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > General Software

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 03-24-06, 02:30 PM   #1
Garulfo

Default nTune - Monitor/performence features unavailable... Mobo problem?

My motherboard is the A8N32-SLI deluxe.
AMD 4800+X2
2x Geforce 7800 GTX 512MB

In the pdf manual it says that, for the nvMonitor at least :

Quote:
This feature is available only with BIOS support from the motherboard manufacturer.
After install nTune none of the feaqture seem to work. If I click on the Performence button, I get the choice for NVIDIA or EXPERT, but clicking on EXPERT doesn't actually do anything (apparently). I also don't seem to be able to use the event logger and cannot use the slider for the Sytem, Bus or Memory speeds... (GPU ones work). I can't seem to figure out how to benchmark my overclocking tests either (ntune is supposed to allow you to compare your current setings to your previous ones I think, but I can't figure out how)...

If my motherboard doesn't allow me to use these ntune features, do you guys know any software that will at least log CPU, AND GPU temperatures?
Garulfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-06, 04:29 PM   #2
OWA

Default Re: nTune - Monitor/performence features unavailable... Mobo problem?

What about the monitor function? That's the one that lets you monitor temps, log them to a file etc. You should have an entry on the start menu also. You can run their high level menu that then calls the subset of functions like nvmonitor or you can run them directly. I think nvmonitor is the only one that currently works for me.
OWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-06, 10:59 PM   #3
Garulfo

Nvmonitor doesn't work either. If I try to launch the shortcut in the start/programs menu nothing happens. Same thing launching the .exe in the ntune folder or clicking the icon within ntune.

Weird...
Old 03-24-06, 11:03 PM   #4
OWA

Did you try downloading the latest version from nvidia?
OWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-06, 03:01 AM   #5
rewt
mmm, Beer.. :drooling:

nTune only half-arse supports my motherboard as well.. I use Clockgen, A64 Tweaker, and Speedfan.
Athlon64 Venice 3000+ @ 2.6GHz (4100+) · Win XP Pro x86, Vista Ultimate x64 · eVGA K8-NF41 nForce4 SLi · Corsair XMS 1.5GB PC3200 CAS2/1T · eVGA 2x 6600GT SLi · Leadtek Winfast TV2000 XP Deluxe · Western Digital Caviar SE ½TB RAID 0/1 · PowerLink LPK2-30 400W · LiteON LDW-411S OC to 811S 8x DVD±R/RW/ROM · MicroAdvantage 64MB QuickiDrive · Samsung SyncMaster 931B 19" LCD · Microsoft Optical Wheel Mouse USB · Sony PSXtoUSB Analog Gamepads · Memorex MX2700 Multimedia Keyboard · Lexmark 3200 Color Jetprinter · nForce Network Controller 1Gb/s LAN (Cable ~3Mb/s down) · ΩPioneer Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround Sound
rewt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-06, 10:35 AM   #6
Garulfo

I actually ended up downloading Everest from Lavalys. It's limited in the free version but the temperature logger does work so...

And yes it was the latest version of nTune although I also tried an earlier version, which was actually worse.
Old 03-27-06, 06:59 PM   #7
j0j081

Works fine on my crappy mobo and BIOS minus the monitor so who knows. Must be very picky. Better to oc manually anyway.
j0j081 is offline   Reply With Quote